Options

Special Print Available Through Ames Bros With Book Purchase!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hawk123 wrote:
    I do understand the frustration for those who bought the book early.

When I bought my TV, a month later they had it for the same price with a home theatre included - it definately sucked but this is the way business works.

A free fanclub only print would definately be a good idea.

I agree. That would be cool on the 10c part. They can check on our profiles who bought the book already. And I'd pay 2 or 3 bucks for the shipping... how's that?
    Alt-Wrong
  • Options
    We aren't ahead, we aren't advanced,
    We aren't the first fanclub to fuck fans
  • Options
    but the book isnt new or LE...just the poster. so how is that now a ripoff? i know no one is saying we HAVE to buy anything but if u can prove original proof of purchase i feel one should be entitled to a poster thats the last thing im saying on the subject

understood. still, the price of the print is $50... for everybody. the price one is willing to pay to own the print, whether you already own the book or not. you can't get it anywhere else, or any other way.

peace,
    lz
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,499
    I'd be more upset if the print was any good.

If people want to buy that pos, be my guest.

I've come to expect this kinda thing from Pearl Jam, Inc. these days.

Sponsored by Verizon.
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    Well, you get $5 off the Stickman shirt just for being a member. And that print is only 9"x12", no big deal IMO
    Sam
  • Options
    I'd be more upset if the print was any good.

If people want to buy that pos, be my guest.

I've come to expect this kinda thing from Pearl Jam, Inc. these days.

Sponsored by Verizon.

like that Inc. reference...

Just connect the dots:

- "We don't play the South cause we don't sell that much"
    - CD Bootlegs "at an affordable price" of $16.99
    - $10.50 for a zippo lighter shipping.

When did this happen??

Not long ago, in 2005, 10c stepped in an rescued me from getting ripped off by concert promoters in the Mexico shows. Something that I'll remember forever, but nowadays I somehow think the green disease has finally got them.

"And like weeds, with big leaves
    Stealing light from whats beneath
    Where they have more,
    Still they take more"
    Alt-Wrong
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I don't know, I am pretty happy with the 10club. You pay $20 and get a christmas VINYL (even if it is late), newsletters (again they tend to be late), and of course the great seats to live shows. On top of that the posters, even though in limited quantities, become available in the months after the shows. Saving people money who didn't get one and don't want to pay high ebay prices.

I totally sympathize with people who are upset, but it is a business. When "The Dark Knight" is released in coming weeks I am sure they will re-release "Batman Begins" with extra footage, features, etc that I didn't get before. I guess I will just have to assess how much I want these extra goodies and make a purchasing decision from there.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    :eek: Man this got ugly!

I bought both books when they came out, I'm a little disappointed that I dont have the print.... but come on you guys it's only a print... it's not even a show print ... I would love to have it but It's not the end of the world ...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    jeffer96jeffer96 Posts: 136
    I'm not pissed about the poster because it is an ugly piece of shit.
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    If anyone wants just the poster and doesn't want their book, I'll buy just the book offa you for $23 shipped. Look at it this way, it'd be like you're paying $30 for a signed print, which is pretty reasonable. I live in PA, PM me if interested
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    I'm happy with that!

I bought the LE version and I wanted to get the regular version at some point......it's a collector thing!

Perfect timing now...I get a free poster!
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    the book w/ poster are on sale on 10cs goods section...Pj are selling the book..

talk about ripping your fanbase off..

worse than the Stones having different merch at each of their merch stands..much worse

'we're pearl jam..we're fan friendly' bollox..as long as we're giving you our money you mean!

its a rip. complete rip.

As I sit here and read these posts, I can't help but wonder how old some of you are?!?

Get the fuck over it.

Yeah, they are so terrible for offering consumers an additional insentive to buy this kick ass book...are you people serious??????

Most of you are bitching about the print too, which just
    makes this even more adorable...most of you claim you don't even like the print, you're just bullshit that they're offering an added insentive....

Waaaaaaaaaaahh, I don't like the 3 prints that came with mine...waaaaaaah

Just go have yourselves a good cry and get over it, it's border line pathetic.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146

oh they crossed the border...they're pathetic
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    :eek: Man this got ugly!

I bought both books when they came out, I'm a little disappointed that I dont have the print.... but come on you guys it's only a print... it's not even a show print ... I would love to have it but It's not the end of the world ...

Stop it! You are making sense!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    thats bullshit...so those that bought it get screwed for buying it when it came out

exactly...perhaps they should be sending a copy of the free print to everyone who had previously purchased the book...

obviously the book sales aren't panning out like they thought they would now ames is trying to capitalize on fans' love of posters to hock a few more books that they have already paid for...

just my take on the situation
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    not withstanding my last post...the poster, ames is trying to entice everyone with to buy the poster book stock they are saddled with, is crap...imo
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much sense!
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    As I sit here and read these posts, I can't help but wonder how old some of you are?!?

Get the fuck over it.

Yeah, they are so terrible for offering consumers an additional insentive to buy this kick ass book...are you people serious??????

Most of you are bitching about the print too, which just
    makes this even more adorable...most of you claim you don't even like the print, you're just bullshit that they're offering an added insentive....

Waaaaaaaaaaahh, I don't like the 3 prints that came with mine...waaaaaaah

um..it's 'adorable'? your grasp of the english language is a lot like this poster. Limited. You certainly can't spell with it anyways. Or am i just being 'insen(si)tive'.
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    um..it's 'adorable'? your grasp of the english language is a lot like this poster. Limited. You certainly can't spell with it anyways. Or am i just being 'insen(si)tive'.

Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Sorry for the slip-up teach : )
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,584
    What a bunch of babies you are!

First, this new LE poster sucks monkey balls. It is terrible. What is remotely cool about a Pearl Jam vs. Ames Bros poster?

Second, there must have been huge quantities of these books in PJ's and Ames Bros. inventory, so what are they to do? Either lower the price or sweeten the deal. They are just supposed to sit on these books until they have to throw them away? Okay, I guess what you really want is them for free.

Yes! Free stuff. I'm a fan, so I deserve free stuff. Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me.......
  • Options
    There weren't lots of copies left lying around. This is a new edition of the book with a soft cover(which will probably last longer/be better for looking through..the binding on the originals isnt great). The initial two had hard covers, had i known that in the first place woulda just got the green one believe me.
    It's not about the book it's about the point. They knew poster fans are gonna have to buy this too. For possibly the third time. It's abuse plain and simple. Disgusted.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    eldarion75 wrote:
    There weren't lots of copies left lying around. This is a new edition of the book with a soft cover(which will probably last longer/be better for looking through..the binding on the originals isnt great). The initial two had hard covers, had i known that in the first place woulda just got the green one believe me.
    It's not about the book it's about the point. They knew poster fans are gonna have to buy this too. For possibly the third time. It's abuse plain and simple. Disgusted.

It is not a new soft cover book. It is the same hard cover book. They are simply trying to move some inventory.

"PJ vs AMES BROS HOLIDAY BAILOUT PACKAGE APPROVED!!!

For a limited time all orders of the "Ames Bros. vs Pearl Jam" hardcover book will receive a FREE limited edition signed and numbered poster print specially created by Ames Bros. The print is 7 colors (including metallic gold) and is approx. 9"x12"."
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Wilds wrote:
    It is not a new soft cover book. It is the same hard cover book. They are simply trying to move some inventory.

"PJ vs AMES BROS HOLIDAY BAILOUT PACKAGE APPROVED!!!

For a limited time all orders of the "Ames Bros. vs Pearl Jam" hardcover book will receive a FREE limited edition signed and numbered poster print specially created by Ames Bros. The print is 7 colors (including metallic gold) and is approx. 9"x12"."

don't confuse the child with the facts :)
  • Options
    i'm sorry i'm not a mindles 10c moron whos going to buy it..three seperate times like you probably have..
  • Options
    This thread is sad.....very sad.
    Spfld 11.91, UMass 11.91, RI 11.91, UMass 4.92, Boston 4.92, Spfld 4.94, Boston 4.94, Htfd 10.96, Montreal 8.98, Camden I,II.98, E. Rutherford 9.98, MSG II 9.98, Htfd 9.98, Mansfield II 9.98, Glasgow 6.00, Manchester 6.00, Mansfield II 8.00, Albany 4.03, Albany 5.06, Htfd 5.06+06.08, EV DC2
  • Options
    i agree.. sniping at each other & it's not our fault. we're being ripped. You either think so or you don't. I wish i didn't think so but i i do think we are being completey taken the piss out of.
  • Options
    piombapiomba Posts: 103
    got a gripe? let ames know about it:

info@bigpopposters.com
  • Options
    I try not to partake in the complaining on here very much...

But this blows. I bought BOTH versions of the book when they came out and now late comers are rewarded with a "limited edition" poster.

Such is life. It's a good business move to move some books.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:

Oh man I hate when I do that! ;):D
    ... i see this thread got even uglier ... :confused:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,584
    Evensteven wrote:
    I try not to partake in the complaining on here very much...

But this blows. I bought BOTH versions of the book when they came out and now late comers are rewarded with a "limited edition" poster.

Such is life. It's a good business move to move some books.

But the poster sucks. Be happy it isn't taking up space in your house.