Options

Special Print Available Through Ames Bros With Book Purchase!

jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
edited November 2008 in The Porch
Buy the ames bro vs. pearl jam book through ames bros website and get a limited edition, signed and numbered ames bros vs. pearl jam print!

http://www.amesbros.com/
PJ:
2003 Mansfield: July 2
2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
2005 Montreal: Sept 15
2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
2010 Boston: May 17
2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'd been waiting to buy this... I couldn't pass it up this time! Sweet!
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    you people are mindless and they love you for it...we want all your money..but just remember..you guys dont suck..it was a slip of the tongue..we love you...
    now give us your money...
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    jervin007 wrote:
    Buy the ames bro vs. pearl jam book through ames bros website and get a limited edition, signed and numbered ames bros vs. pearl jam print!

http://www.amesbros.com/

thats bullshit...so those that bought it get screwed for buying it when it came out
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    i had yet to pick up the book, so it was an added bonus for me!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    i am literally done with fucking pearl jam and their money grabbing greedy fuck fan club..i'm burning my LE poster book first thing in the morning.. this is disgraceful..they literally turned into the demonic images in the Evoulution video..they ARE those people..how about giving a free copy of the poster to everyone in the fan club?? instead of 'two rockin (nonexistent) fanclub newsletters a year!' and the right to take your money with this bullshit every few weeks..

greedy bastards..

do something selfless for the fans once in a while you money grabbing fucks!!
  • Options
    yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
    Well, I gave in, regardless of what people say. I bought the book for my brother a few months ago for his birthday. He loved it, and I had all intentions of buying one too. This worked out in my favor!
    ...44 shows...and counting....
  • Options
    irony is, if they made stuff available like vinyls *everyone* is asking for i wouldnt care what they asked for it money wise...but this? sickening.
  • Options
    PJ20PJ20 Miami, FL Posts: 94
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    eldarion75 wrote:
    i am literally done with fucking pearl jam and their money grabbing greedy fuck fan club..i'm burning my LE poster book first thing in the morning.. this is disgraceful..they literally turned into the demonic images in the Evoulution video..they ARE those people..how about giving a free copy of the poster to everyone in the fan club?? instead of 'two rockin (nonexistent) fanclub newsletters a year!' and the right to take your money with this bullshit every few weeks..

greedy bastards..

do something selfless for the fans once in a while you money grabbing fucks!!

hahahahahahahahahahaha

bye!
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    irony is, if they made stuff available like vinyls *everyone* is asking for i wouldnt care what they asked for it money wise...but this? sickening.

ya i know what u mean...this is kinda low for 10C/Ames Bros.
    so many ppl passed on the $200 one and said i'll still get the $50 one cuz i'm a true fan and poster admirer (like me)

and now to deplete their leftover inventory they give a free poster (it's only one foot tall too) which screws over all us true fans that bought the $50 one last year and screws those in the a** that bought the $200 and got 3 lousy LE posters

and now i'm gonna have to sell/trade for this metallic gold gem that incorporates many of the 08 ames and past ames....while BK gets rid of his extra inventory by bringing his prices down on Artillery which is why I always like his work and character more
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    eldarion75 wrote:

Stop buying. This is supposed to be fun. If you enjoy it, go for it. If not you have the right to pass.

No need to bitch.

Just ordered mine by the way. Couldn't justify the $$$ at first, but with the poster I'm psyched.

Now I have a Pearl Jam poster to go with the FREE Hernry Fonda 06 Hollywood show I got into for FREE. Did I mention it was FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Now if I ever have the $$$ to frame anything..........
  • Options
    pearl jam isnt selling the poster, ames bros. are. in fact no one is selling the poster. its free. and the book remained the same price. free poster...wheres the greed in that?
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Now if I ever have the $$$ to frame anything..........

those are the people making the money....hehehehehe :D
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,006
    It's really no different than something dropping in price after time. When a store puts something on sale you can't bitch that you bought yours a year ago and it wasn't on sale - thats the chance you take. To be honest the print isn't even nice.
  • Options
    man, it's in 10clubs goods section..pearl jam are selling it..we who bought the limited edition book got stiffed completely with those 3 prints. they were fuckin abysmal. This is a shitty slap in the face. Fuck that it's wrong plain and simple.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    On a positive note, you can probably sell your limited edition book for a good price and buy this one if you prefer, or buy this one again, keep the poster and sell the book?

Here is one that ended on eBay for $275.00 recently. Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-jam-Vs-Ames-B ... 240%3A1318
  • Options
    Hawk123 wrote:
    It's really no different than something dropping in price after time. When a store puts something on sale you can't bitch that you bought yours a year ago and it wasn't on sale - thats the chance you take. To be honest the print isn't even nice.

the price didnt decrease which makes it that much more painful to me

and...
    pearl jam isnt selling the poster, ames bros. are. in fact no one is selling the poster. its free. and the book remained the same price. free poster...wheres the greed in that?

...u dont think PJ gets a royalty from this book? If you answer no, you need to go back to school
    I've always like the 10C, but I kinda side with aldarion on this one only cuz ive bought hundreds of dollars in goods in the last couple of years
  • Options

the book w/ poster are on sale on 10cs goods section...Pj are selling the book..

talk about ripping your fanbase off..

worse than the Stones having different merch at each of their merch stands..much worse

'we're pearl jam..we're fan friendly' bollox..as long as we're giving you our money you mean!

its a rip. complete rip.
  • Options
    it's all in the marketing. look at it this way:

'New limited edition Ames Brothers Art Print now on sale for $50 AND, while supplies last, you get the cool poster book for free'

this way, current book owners wouldn't feel cheated.

two cents,
    lz
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • Options
    I'm a current book owner and i feel cheated..you would too if you saw the shitty 'limited art prints' that came with it..$240 for nothing the $50 version didn't have? the sketches down the back were the only worthwhile thing...

fuck this shit..im flipping the LE for as much as i can get for it..free No Code Vinyl with it!

(free means you wont hafta pay for it! not an idea you hear round this place ever)
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,006
    I do understand the frustration for those who bought the book early.

When I bought my TV, a month later they had it for the same price with a home theatre included - it definately sucked but this is the way business works.

A free fanclub only print would definately be a good idea.
  • Options
    Hawk123 wrote:
    I do understand the frustration for those who bought the book early. .

you don't have an overwhelming sense of entitlement.....and when you don't get your way you don't scream and cry and break your toys because you didn't get your way.....that's why you're confused ;):)
  • Options
    you think these three art prints were worth the extra $150? i really don't ...and don't go expecting to get your book before christmas! it was JUNE before i got mine and i ordered it in november of last year...

http://www.expressobeans.com/ai/mi/bc/0155.jpg
  • Options
    I don't see how this is any different from when a CD is re-released with "3 bonus tracks" a year after the initial release. It's trying to get people who are on the fence to buy it because sales have dropped off. Simple as that.
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    smith2r wrote:
    I don't see how this is any different from when a CD is re-released with "3 bonus tracks" a year after the initial release. It's trying to get people who are on the fence to buy it because sales have dropped off. Simple as that.

Agreed. They probably have stacks of them collecting dust at the warehouse, why not sweeten the deal and move some merchandise? No big deal. It's just a 9"x12" print.
    Sam
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,123
    eldarion75 wrote:
    you think these three art prints were worth the extra $150?

Ka pasa? You don't just get those 3 prints.

LE Edition .. Includes: a Certificate of Authenticity page, 32 bonus pages featuring original poster art, eight special “scientific” mylar overlays, and three exclusive silk-screened art prints.
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    I can't do it... as much as I have wanted the book and the poster is a little bonus I just can't get it. Times are getting a little tougher these days and I need to stick to my guns and not buy it. With any luck it will be sold out soon and the decision will be made for me.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Ka pasa? You don't just get those 3 prints.

LE Edition .. Includes: a Certificate of Authenticity page, 32 bonus pages featuring original poster art, eight special “scientific” mylar overlays, and three exclusive silk-screened art prints.

man i own the book..it's here..and it's not all that..certainly not worth that extra money..the 'three exclusive silk-screened art prints' are completely terrible and not exclusive at all.. 'scientific' what now?? the only redeeming feature about the LE is the sketches at the back and even they look like a rush photocopy job..

anyone want mine? they can have it
  • Options
    it's all in the marketing. look at it this way:

'New limited edition Ames Brothers Art Print now on sale for $50 AND, while supplies last, you get the cool poster book for free'

this way, current book owners wouldn't feel cheated.

two cents,
    lz

but the book isnt new or LE...just the poster. so how is that now a ripoff? i know no one is saying we HAVE to buy anything but if u can prove original proof of purchase i feel one should be entitled to a poster thats the last thing im saying on the subject
  • Options
    fine, my bad, books now in goods section
    and yes therefore my bad, pearl jam are selling the book.
    and my bad for noticing that it is still the same price as before.

i work in retail. a small chain of toy stores. last year we had a spiderman doll that danced and played music. this year the company that made it repackaged it for the same price with a microphone to sing along with him. so were the people that bought it last year rioting over that...no. same damn thing.

its a print people, get over it.

and no offense to the artists, but its not like the band signed it.

think long and hard about it. you are ripping into pearl jam all night over a 9x12.