Options

Why Doesn't PJ tour in the Winter?

South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I think it would be fun if they did. It seems like it's always a hot summer show, maybe early fall. I think it would be fun to travel places during the winter time and see some shows.
NERDS!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    cuz it's cold, Ricky! DUH! ;)

hehe
    Just me
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    cuz it's cold, Ricky! DUH! ;)

hehe

Well it's hot and sweaty in Chicago in August, Sue ;)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    that's because North Shore gets the best waves in the Winter and I know at least one "frontman" who would like to take advantage of that to the full extent ;-P

Well, he can play in Hawaii too :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Because Stone likes it hot!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    I think it would be fun if they did. It seems like it's always a hot summer show, maybe early fall. I think it would be fun to travel places during the winter time and see some shows.
    Maybe an early fall like November '08? The most important time of the year? A little Denver? Saving my pennies for an early fall tour on this side of the country....considering? the weather's always nice! Fun? and then some!
    xoxoxox
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    A lot of times arenas are pretty booked up in the winter with hockey and basketball games, plus holiday shows. And you can't play any outdoor ampitheaters up north obviously. Also, loading/unloading shows, driving the tourbuses, and just about everything else is a lot harder in the winter. And finally ticket-wise, summer tours always sell better. People want to get out and do stuff in the summer. In the winter people want to hibernate and not spend money because they spent a lot over the holidays.
    Sam
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    This has always been a pain in the ass for us northern canucks....
    We get 18 billion shows in the summer, and one Tragically Hip tour to last us all winter....I swear they're the only band that will tour Canada in the winter.
  • Options
    teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    This has always been a pain in the ass for us northern canucks....
    We get 18 billion shows in the summer, and one Tragically Hip tour to last us all winter....I swear they're the only band that will tour Canada in the winter.

ahh the hip. They dont mind trucking thru the snow.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Options
    bobbyd3bobbyd3 Posts: 89
    Because it would SUCK.
    A big part of the fun of pearl jams concerts is hanging out in the parking lot getting buzzed and meeting people.
  • Options
    prince119prince119 Posts: 104
    They have played Seattle in December and it was great. I am hoping for a bennefit show or two here this year too.........FINGERS CROSSED.
  • Options
    bobbyd3 wrote:
    Because it would SUCK.
    A big part of the fun of pearl jams concerts is hanging out in the parking lot getting buzzed and meeting people.

isn't that what a fucking bar is for?
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    that's because North Shore gets the best waves in the Winter and I know at least one "frontman" who would like to take advantage of that to the full extent ;-P

OHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH!!!!!! Best time EVER!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!