Options

So How's The Band Sounding in 08??

Army & NavyArmy & Navy Posts: 120
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Having only really come onboard the Pearl Jam train since 2000....The 2000 Europe & US shows + Touring Band blew my mind, best live band I'd ever heard.

2003 - Big disappointment, sloppy, Ed sounding asleep at the mic

2006 - Intensity was back, much tighter, Ed screaming more.

So 2008 then...The setlists look good, but then they also did in 2003. How's it sounding?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    They sound great

Like a renewed energy is back

I could feel it in the 2 shows I went to

I agree with you some of the intensity had been lacking in years past
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    Can't really compare to the 2000 and 2003 tours because that's when we were busy (wife and I that is) making/having babies. Thus, I only caught one show on each of those tours. But in '06 I caught several and they were great. This tour, I caught two and they were great. Lots of energy at both shows I've seen this year and some of the best energy I've seen in a crowd (I only hit the two Camden shows). Looking forward to more shows!
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    MotorHeadMotorHead Posts: 50
    Thursday night in Camden was fucking awesome !

We even got to hear Rats. Just great!
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Having only really come onboard the Pearl Jam train since 2000....The 2000 Europe & US shows + Touring Band blew my mind, best live band I'd ever heard.

2003 - Big disappointment, sloppy, Ed sounding asleep at the mic

2006 - Intensity was back, much tighter, Ed screaming more.

So 2008 then...The setlists look good, but then they also did in 2003. How's it sounding?

sensational sound... the shows are intense as they have ever been since I have been a fan (since mid 99).
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    The energy from the band and the crowd in DC on Sunday was incredible. You could tell that Eddie was really blown away by the response they got from the crowd that night...
  • Options
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    sounds great

especially GIVEN TO FLY AND RVM

so hard and melodious
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    well, we all know the rest of the band sounds great. there is no questioning that. the real question is how does Ed sound. IMO, his voice sounds even better than in 06. from the videos ive heard, he seems to be pronouncing lyrics better for once. hes a tad less sloppy. But I also prefer Eds voice in 2000-2008 over his voice in the early 1990's.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    I thought they were tired. Sound was great, but not much movement. I think I am used to a louder crowd.

Maybe because I was on the floor.

Drum solo during evenflow is gone!!!! yay!!!!!

The energy from the band and the crowd in DC on Sunday was incredible. You could tell that Eddie was really blown away by the response they got from the crowd that night...
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Red Mosquito was scorching....Porch seriously rocked.....they're in fine form.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    I thought they were tired. Sound was great, but not much movement. I think I am used to a louder crowd.

Maybe because I was on the floor.

Drum solo during evenflow is gone!!!! yay!!!!!

What's wrong with a drum solo during Evenflow?
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    They are on rocket fuel.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    hmm
    probably nothing wrong with it

I just prefer guitar

A bass solo might be nice also
    What's wrong with a drum solo during Evenflow?
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    well, we all know the rest of the band sounds great. there is no questioning that. the real question is how does Ed sound. IMO, his voice sounds even better than in 06. from the videos ive heard, he seems to be pronouncing lyrics better for once. hes a tad less sloppy. But I also prefer Eds voice in 2000-2008 over his voice in the early 1990's.
    i think ed doing his solo tour in the lead up for the pj tour has probably been GREAT for his voice, instead of starting the engine from cold, so to speak
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    they sound tighter and better than i remember.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    sounded tight at bonnaroo........put in a ton of energy for a crowd around me that seemed pretty subdued for 60,000 plus.

can't wait for a show of all PJ fans friday night in hartford!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    You could tell that Eddie was really blown away by the response they got from the crowd that night...

If i had a dollar for everytime I heard this. granted Ed is, i'm sure, very humbled to see the crowd so involved but he's used to it. he knows what he's doing when he acts suprised. Showmanship for the win:)
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    I couldn't believe how the hours went by and the band still kicked a$$. I expected anyone to go hoarse and get tired, and wouldn't have faulted Eddie for doing so... but he didn't! The rest of the band was awesome the whole time too!

I'm still trying to figure out how Eddie could sing so well, but yet he could hardly speak straight in between songs (that in-show wine obviously having its effect). :-)
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    Ed is definitely more chatty than in 2006 anyway, which could definitely be a sign that he's enjoying himself (or the wine) more, which probably carries over to the rest of the guys and to the crowd as well...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    hmm I am the only one that thinks they were tired in DC

tonight they were good, love the backup singers, but still something is missing. I want to see him jump on stuff!!!!