Options

No Code cover packaging question... with new angle!

brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I noticed that the wikipedia.org picture of the No Code cover folded out INCLUDES a small strip from the binding that I don't have on my cd foldout packaging. See below picture #1 of my cd foldout, and then see picture # 2 of the picture that wikipedia shows.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3085/2631758222_898ccf3722.jpg?v=0

See the slight difference? So my question for you guys is: Does anyone have the full version of the cover that wikipedia shows? Or is the wikipedia picture simply from a promo image, or from something else other than the actual physical covers???

Sorry to be so geeky, but it is a bit of a difference!
Thanks!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    The middle of the 2nd one just seems to be filled with repeats of the a flipped version of the boxes below it.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    mine looks like yours... infact im pretty sure they all do when you consider how the case is layed out and opens... if that other strip was there it really wouldnt work... most likely an aesthetic choice by wiki... it would be a quick fix with photoshop
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    sgossard3 wrote:
    ... most likely an aesthetic choice by wiki... it would be a quick fix with photoshop

that's probably the answer. but it is interesting how Ed and the designers went thru all that trouble to make the "eye" and it fell short with that little strip, right?

and like this art needed any more mystery! ha, ha
    anyway, thanks so far~
  • Options
    LongerRoadLongerRoad Posts: 72
    freaky...I never noticed the pyramid shape in background before. Am I sseing a pyramid or am I still drunk?
  • Options
    and my binding does NOT have any white space. I have pictures up the entire thing. I think that's what you were asking...
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    it is a copy of the bottom strip

broloco wrote:
    I noticed that the wikipedia.org picture of the No Code cover folded out INCLUDES a small strip from the binding that I don't have on my cd foldout packaging. See below picture #1 of my cd foldout, and then see picture # 2 of the picture that wikipedia shows.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3085/2631758222_898ccf3722.jpg?v=0

See the slight difference? So my question for you guys is: Does anyone have the full version of the cover that wikipedia shows? Or is the wikipedia picture simply from a promo image, or from something else other than the actual physical covers???

Sorry to be so geeky, but it is a bit of a difference!
    Thanks!~
  • Options
    LongerRoad wrote:
    freaky...I never noticed the pyramid shape in background before. Am I sseing a pyramid or am I still drunk?
    nope thats intentional... its the nocode symbol... and interesting that yours is complete

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i recently discovered someone stole my no code.

it must be found.
  • Options
    just to be clear, we're talking about the OUTSIDE of the cover, not the inside, correct? My pyramid shape is on the inside and the full middle without any white space is on the outside.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I love crap like this, which is why I'm curious. Don;t mean to prolong the discussion for no reason...just curious.
  • Options
    LongerRoad wrote:
    just to be clear, we're talking about the OUTSIDE of the cover, not the inside, correct? My pyramid shape is on the inside and the full middle without any white space is on the outside.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I love crap like this, which is why I'm curious. Don;t mean to prolong the discussion for no reason...just curious.
    the white space in the picture is actually just cut out... you know how you open it and theres the 2 separate flaps that open... so it creates a square with a gap between the 2 flaps... one side is this photomosaic... the other is a photo of the band in the studio i think... your version is different?

• Options
    holy crap I'm stupid...never mind anything I wrote. We're all the same. I'll now go beat myself over the head with a hammer.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    The middle of the 2nd one just seems to be filled with repeats of the a flipped version of the boxes below it.

Damn you! I thought i was going to be the only genius to notice that.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    eyeameyeam Western Mass. Posts: 37
    Damn you! I thought i was going to be the only genius to notice that.

The Wikipedia pic helps make it really clear that the pyramid contains the iris and pupil of the complete No Code symbol. I'm assuming that's the point of the altered image although it's odd to post it (on Wikipedia) without explanation.

And here's to geeky! I love this sort of stuff, too.
    Hartford ’98. Columbus ’00. Seattle 2 ’02. Albany, Buffalo, Montreal, Hershey ’03. Boston 1 ’04. Montreal, Ottawa, St. John’s 1 ’05. Toronto 1,2, Albany, Camden 1,2 ’06. Camden 1,2, Hartford, Mansfield 1,2 ’08. Toronto, Chicago 1, Phila 1-4 ’09. Columbus, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston ’10. Missoula ’12. Worcester 2, Hartford ’13. Fenway 1,2 ’16. Québec City, Ottawa ’20. Québec City, Ottawa, Camden ’22. Chicago 1,2, Noblesville ’23. Noblesville, Fenway 1,2  ’24.
    EV Montreal 1,2 ’08. Albany 1,2, Baltimore 1,2, Nashville 1,2 ’09. Hartford ’11.