Options

my PJ tour sentiments

chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
edited July 2008 in The Porch
just got back home yesterday afternoon and am back at work today...the past week has felt like some surreal lovely dream! so many memories and moments that are filling my head, i'll need to write it all out once i rest up enough.

but just wanted to give some thanks to the band for giving me a birthday week i'll *never* forget...as well as to my friends that i shared the journey with. all the years i went to shows alone, what a juxtaposition to what i experienced last week! was filled with so much affection and fun...i love you guys!

seeing people i hadn't seen in years, or met for the first time, it was a beautiful experience! i feel lucky to encounter such great folks from all over the place, from canada and the east coast and everywhere else!!

special thanks to justam who shared her mansfield 1 tix with me as a bday present, the gift of getting to meet her and share the show with her was enough of a gift in itself!

and bioman, for sharing his tix for mansfield 2....it is such a cool thing to meet fellow fans who love the band so much, and is super cool to boot! it was great to share the end of the tour with you!

oh and mike fucking mccready...you *rule*! meeting him in NYC was fucking incredible. it meant so much to me. if i didn't have the pix of it, i'd swear it was some strange sort of dream. i know eli posted a thread about it so i'll add my experience for sure :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    CHIQUI!
    I am glad you got home safe
    and Mike F-In McCready!!!!!

I am so excited for yous that you got to meet him. It couldn't have happened to a nicer person

I hope you had a super fantabulous b-day.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    dervish7dervish7 Posts: 218
    That's awesome, chiquimonkey. Glad you had a great time on your birthday!
    First of all: I am tired. I am true of heart!
    And also: You are tired. You are true of heart!

-Dave Eggers
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    Aw I'm glad you had fun! How'd you meet Mike?! Story time!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    really happy for ya but i'm pissed i didn't get to meet you maybe next tour out west ...:(
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Pearl JenPearl Jen Posts: 136
    What a great b-day present, seeing PJ and meeting Mike! It was nice meeting you at Mansfield 2:)
  • Options
    thanks allie dervish and alexers! i'll share the mike story as soon as i get rested up enough :o haha here's the pic in the meantime though...which is currently my wallpaper at home and at work :p haha

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/ariabee/100_1622-1.jpg

jose i was so bummed i couldn't meet you! it was so crazy in NYC, running around :( we ARE meeting though, dammit. even if it isn't PJ tour time, i visit my grandparents there and perhaps a fan party would be in order then :)

pearl jen it was great to meet you too! getting to share the experience with suh nice people like yourseld made it a wonderful trip :)
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    GIIIRRRLLL that is one hell of a good picture! :)
  • Options
    alexers wrote:
    GIIIRRRLLL that is one hell of a good picture! :)
    thank you! i'm on the far right cheesing like a mofo hahaha he was the sweetest, so friendly and such a chill attitude. met his parents and wife too :)
  • Options
    thank you! i'm on the far right cheesing like a mofo hahaha he was the sweetest, so friendly and such a chill attitude. met his parents and wife too :)
    You weren't cheesing, you were basking in the presence of greatness! Great picture! (It's in Eli's thread too!) I was like "Who's Chiqui?!" And that's you!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    You weren't cheesing, you were basking in the presence of greatness! Great picture! (It's in Eli's thread too!) I was like "Who's Chiqui?!" And that's you!
    hehee basking is right, i was like 'okay, i have mike mccready standing next to me on a street corner in manhattan and his wife is taking our pic with my camera and his parents are watching and please god don't let me vomit' lol
  • Options
    hehee basking is right, i was like 'okay, i have mike mccready standing next to me on a street corner in manhattan and his wife is taking our pic with my camera and his parents are watching and please god don't let me vomit' lol
    LMAO!
    I can only imagine how surreal it was!
    You look nice and you look like you were chilling :) I was so excited when I saw Eli's thread and the picture! I was like Yay for You! :) You couldn't even ask for a better b-day present!!!!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    thanks allie dervish and alexers! i'll share the mike story as soon as i get rested up enough :o haha here's the pic in the meantime though...which is currently my wallpaper at home and at work :p haha

i freakin' LOVE that pic....mike's the man....so glad you had a great time.....:D
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    LMAO!
    I can only imagine how surreal it was!
    You look nice and you look like you were chilling :) I was so excited when I saw Eli's thread and the picture! I was like Yay for You! :) You couldn't even ask for a better b-day present!!!!
    add in circus music being played backwards and that was what was scrolling thru my poor brain haha i even forgot to tell him it was my birthday the day before :o i forgot my OWN BIRTHDAY lol

you're so sweet :) yeah it was a gift in and of itself to experience the shows with such great friends, meeting mike just amped it up to a whole other level!
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    i freakin' LOVE that pic....mike's the man....so glad you had a great time.....:D
    hey cb! thanks, it was a phenomenal experience all the way around :)
  • Options
    add in circus music being played backwards and that was what was scrolling thru my poor brain haha i even forgot to tell him it was my birthday the day before :o i forgot my OWN BIRTHDAY lol

you're so sweet :) yeah it was a gift in and of itself to experience the shows with such great friends, meeting mike just amped it up to a whole other level!

Hah! I would've forgotten my own name
    I literally would've been like this:

:eek:

I love how Eli said he was like "MIKE F-IN MCCREADY"

where were your seats for MSG 2? I was sitting there wondering where board folks were
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    Hah! I would've forgotten my own name
    I literally would've been like this:

:eek:

I love how Eli said he was like "MIKE F-IN MCCREADY"

where were your seats for MSG 2? I was sitting there wondering where board folks were
    i did forget my own name, he asked me what it was and i just babbled something lol

i was in section 70 the 2nd night, where were you? i'm sorry i missed you!
  • Options
    i did forget my own name, he asked me what it was and i just babbled something lol

i was in section 70 the 2nd night, where were you? i'm sorry i missed you!
    LMAO! Hah!
    I would want to tell him how inspiring Inside Job is to me, esp the line about I will Not Lose My Faith. But that would be a complete sentence-I don't know if I could utter it!

I'm sorry I missed you too!
    You had a good seat!
    I was in 203
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    LMAO! Hah!
    I would want to tell him how inspiring Inside Job is to me, esp the line about I will Not Lose My Faith. But that would be a complete sentence-I don't know if I could utter it!

I'm sorry I missed you too!
    You had a good seat!
    I was in 203
    yeah there was so much i wanted to tell him, but i just thanked him for his music, and he was very gracious :) we all talked about hte SF shows they did too, lydia brought it up. it was just so surreal to have him standing right there! it was such a chill scene, his energy is so calm and positive, just like i imagined it would be. i'm ready to make a postcard of the pic and send it to him at the 10c and say thanks again for such awesome shows and taking the time to visit with us

203 is good too! i was on the opposite side of the venue but a few rows up from the floor, so i was happy. hell i was happy to be in the building lol
  • Options
    yeah there was so much i wanted to tell him, but i just thanked him for his music, and he was very gracious :) we all talked about hte SF shows they did too, lydia brought it up. it was just so surreal to have him standing right there! it was such a chill scene, his energy is so calm and positive, just like i imagined it would be. i'm ready to make a postcard of the pic and send it to him at the 10c and say thanks again for such awesome shows and taking the time to visit with us

203 is good too! i was on the opposite side of the venue but a few rows up from the floor, so i was happy. hell i was happy to be in the building lol

He seems very humble and like a genuinely cool person.

and I know, I kept looking around at the crowd at the show like 'this is so cool.'
    Did you make it into Mansfield?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    He seems very humble and like a genuinely cool person.

and I know, I kept looking around at the crowd at the show like 'this is so cool.'
    Did you make it into Mansfield?
    the sound of that crowd was truly overwhelming, in a fantastic way!

i did make it to mansfield, both nights. i was originally going home saturday afternoon, but my friends told me to check with my airline again...they originally told me it would cost $150 to change my flight, but when i called the person i spoke to said nope, no charge! :eek: and on top of that, i was able to get a premium seat on the flight for free too (i had used frequent flyer miles so the plane ticket was free altogether). so i was just left with the prospect of finding tix, but that all worked out really well :)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Wow!!! congrats and meeting Mikey and great pic too!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

CHIQQQQUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!

you lucky, lucky mother fucker! :D and i say that with total LOVE chica! WOW!!! i am so, so, sooo happy for you ALL! bellissimo! how i WISH to someday have a story like that! couldn't happen to a nicer, more deserving group of people! fantastic!

wish we could've hung out longer! you come back over to NY for a visit, definitely let me know...be good to hang/chat/eat/drink without all the tour frenzy. :)

AWESOME story!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    Happy belated birthday Chiqui! So glad you had such a wonderful week. I’ve always said the best thing this band has provided me other than the music is a group of life long friendships that I would never have had.

There’s something special about that. Really, really special.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514

jose i was so bummed i couldn't meet you! it was so crazy in NYC, running around :( we ARE meeting though, dammit. even if it isn't PJ tour time, i visit my grandparents there and perhaps a fan party would be in order then :)

pearl jen it was great to meet you too! getting to share the experience with suh nice people like yourseld made it a wonderful trip :)
    I know thats right, Ms.Thang! Congrats sweetie! Love seeing my gals meet the boys! Hugs!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    thanks lizard, dream, pure and lisa! yeah pure you are so right on, the friendships i've fostered thanks to this band are truly special, this band gives so much :)
  • Options
    was contending with a serious sinus infection (ow!) and just getting back to feeling more like a human as opposed to a big ol' trashbag lol just wanted to share some more miscellaneous thoughts :-)

had an amazing time in NYC, spent the first night and following day with my grandparents. i loved it, even though i saw them the month before, we enjoyed spending time together and just hanging out. cant' ever see them too much :-)

seeing PJ at MSG was incredible. i have NEVER heard a crowd that loud! i was a bit partial to the first night, hearing 'love reign o'er me' for the first time blew my mind. and closing with indifference....god i get chills just thinking about it. i hadn't gotten that song since '95, so it was a beautiful closer.

my bday concert didn't disappoint either, just such good stuff all around! being in such an electric city, with great friends, and seeing old friends and meeting some for the first time...i loved it!

patrickredeyes took this pic of me...great shot of the top of my head hahaha
    100_1611_2.jpg

one of my old friends being eli! the day after the 2nd MSG show, me, eli and our friends pati and lydia went to strawberry fields, it was a really emotional thing.

100_1618_2.jpg

i had never been before, and we got there right when there was a tour going, so we got to learn some stuff about it...like the marble came from italy and took 2 weeks to place. there was this guy praying at the mosaic which was moving to see. we all just hung out and talked about music, how it brought us all together, seeing the impact of it. was a great moment.

and of course there was that whole run-in with the mike :D

lydia and pati and i headed off to hartford to meet up with our other friends....we had *so* much fun, it was like a week long slumber party, getting to share such amazing shows with people who "get it". i think back o all the shows long ago that i'd attend alone cuz nobody i knew cared or didn't love the music like i do.

and i never have to worry about that, ever again. :)

hartford was wild, ghetto ass lol we were all able to get in a row together so we took the whole thing over, had SO much fun! there were people throwing firecrackers, falling over the barrier by the lawn (we were the last row of seating before the lawn so we saw this whole insanity). we figured the people were throwing themselves over the barrier to get closer to us :D that setlist blew my fucking MIND....smile? i had never gotten smile before, so FINALLY! and in hiding in the same setlist? and breakherfall?

dammmn! we saw someone driving in circles in the parking lot, i think the show was so good people lost their minds lol we heard about fans getting hit with pepper spray, someone getting bumpbed by a car, tons of cops and ambulances. sounded like a riot....a riot with a kickass soundtrack lol

off to mansfield, i shared all that too....got to close out vs. thanks to hearing glorified g :-D

overall it was a wonderful experience. as some of you might know, this year so far has been a difficult one for me on several levels, so getting to do this....to just release and be immersed in the music and share it with good people, it did me a world of good.

can't wait for the next tour! :)