Options

Is Eddie Allergic To Philly?

pearljam_addictionpearljam_addiction Posts: 668
edited July 2008 in The Porch
It just seems odd that he Skipped over Philly.
I can see if there were no venues open, but i doubt that.
how do you play Boston,Nyc, Newark(???WHY??), and Wash DC, and no Philly?
and Im not complaining because i really dont care that much about it, and there are plenty of shows he is playing in the region to go to, i just think it seemed odd for no philly date, considering it would be a sell out for sure.
and the The Tower or Electric Factory, or Trocadero could surely accomadate him

eddie/ PJ has only played inside philly four times since 1991, Perhaps its something in the air :D
"I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    Eh Philly is right between Wash & NYC. So I kinda get that. But not Newark. Especially since it's RIGHT THERE, just across the damn river.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    alexers wrote:
    Eh Philly is right between Wash & NYC. So I kinda get that. But not Newark. Especially since it's RIGHT THERE, just across the damn river.

No Newark is pretty far north. You are thinking of camden.
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    No Newark is pretty far north. You are thinking of camden.

Oh, I was saying Newark is right next to New York. :)
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    yes. yes he is.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    I think the band (and EV included) loves Philly. They played two shows there on this past mini-tour! Not too many cities got that luxury! I know that there are tons of Philly fans on this board, too. That translates to a market-share that the band just can't do without. I would guess that it may have come down to booking issues with the venues in the Philly area. Maybe they tried to book there, but couldn't get anything on short notice. But I'm certain he's not allergic to the City of Brotherly Love.
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    Philly and Jersey are one and the same in the band's mind. Sad (for Jersey fans who lose their autonomy and Philly fans who have to travel to Jersey to see the shows) but true...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i am really dissapointed he is not playing philly...

the Tower Theater is PERFECT for this type of show

oh well
  • Options
    He was probably unimpressed with the overhyped Philly cheesesteaks that can be found there.

Maybe someone should steer him towards Tommy DiNic's for a roast pork sandwich and that will change his outlook on Philly....
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I am of the opinion that he is picking the venues based on acoustics...I looked at the Warner Theatre and the NJ Performing Arts Center and they look equally stunning...thought Eddie might play the Kimmel Center but its booked through that whole run of tour stops. He couldve played the Tower and I had heard that that was the stop from someone who apparently worked there at Camden 1 so something may have happened in negotiations.
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    alexers wrote:

Fuck that have you ever been to NJPAC. It's a great place to see a show. I for one am thrilled that Ed is playing in Newark, my hometown.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    abulrabulr Posts: 80
    isn't everyone?
    :)
    9/95 N.O. ; 9/96 Randall's 1&2 ; 9/98 Continental ; 9/98 - MSG 1 & 2 ; 5/00 - Wembley ; 8/00 - Jones Beach 1,2&3 ; 7/03 - MSG 1&2 ; 5/06 - Irving Plaza ; 6/06 - Continental 1&2 ; 6/08 - MSG 1&2 ; 6/08 - Beacon ; 10/09 - Spectrum 2&3 ; 05/10 - Prudential ; 05/10 - MSG 1&2; 10/13 - Barclays 1&2 ; 10/14 Memphis ; 9/15 Central Park; 4/16 Philly 2; 5/16 MSG 1&2; 5/16 QC; 8/16 Boston; 8/16 Chicago 1&2; 8/18 Seattle 1&2; 8/18 Boston
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    No, but I'm allergic to Camden. :eek:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    petrocs wrote:
    He couldve played the Tower and I had heard that that was the stop from someone who apparently worked there at Camden 1 so something may have happened in negotiations.
    This was my first thought. Perfect location, perfect venue!
    I wish we knew why the negotiations fell through :(
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    between the PJ tour and this solo tour, how many shows have they played within an hour and a half of Philly?
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    firecrotch23firecrotch23 Posts: 586
    ejny wrote:
    He was probably unimpressed with the overhyped Philly cheesesteaks that can be found there.

Maybe someone should steer him towards Tommy DiNic's for a roast pork sandwich and that will change his outlook on Philly....

the cheesesteak is only as overhyped as the place its from. Everyone who comes to town goes to Pats or Genos, bad move. This list is pretty accurate when it comes to the best places in town: http://www.610wip.com/pages/351421.php

And Tommy DiNic`s is weak, go to Johns Roast Pork or Tony Lukes for Pork sambos.
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    the cheesesteak is only as overhyped as the place its from. Everyone who comes to town goes to Pats or Genos, bad move. This list is pretty accurate when it comes to the best places in town: http://www.610wip.com/pages/351421.php

And Tommy DiNic`s is weak, go to Johns Roast Pork or Tony Lukes for Pork sambos.

I've been meaning to get to John's. Thanks for the link!
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558

Dalessandro’s should be first. and no larry's? pffft.
  • Options
    it would have been perfect if there was a philly date. Actually, aug 16th im coming back from a flight and will be in philly catching a plane but im thinking about changing flights so i can make it to the aug 16 and 17 shows. Does anyone know the best way to get from phil to washington dc, i know its a few hours, so im thinking train?....
    "We're heavily Hemingway inspired." -ed
  • Options
    ejny wrote:
    I've been meaning to get to John's. Thanks for the link!
    make sure you get there early, they close at 3:30pm on weekdays! the best thing to do is get a pork and a cheesesteak and split it with someone, you will be filled for days
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    it would have been perfect if there was a philly date. Actually, aug 16th im coming back from a flight and will be in philly catching a plane but im thinking about changing flights so i can make it to the aug 16 and 17 shows. Does anyone know the best way to get from phil to washington dc, i know its a few hours, so im thinking train?....
    yeah, only problem is that amtrak stops running kind of early...
  • Options
    you could do the train, its a little expensive but faster than driving down from philly
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    It just seems odd that he Skipped over Philly.
    I can see if there were no venues open, but i doubt that.
    how do you play Boston,Nyc, Newark(???WHY??), and Wash DC, and no Philly?
    and Im not complaining because i really dont care that much about it, and there are plenty of shows he is playing in the region to go to, i just think it seemed odd for no philly date, considering it would be a sell out for sure.
    and the The Tower or Electric Factory, or Trocadero could surely accomadate him

eddie/ PJ has only played inside philly four times since 1991, Perhaps its something in the air :D
    LOL I here ya, WTF? :D

I live in way way way south Jersey and I guess the closest place for me is Newark. That sucks big time
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,319
    I wish there were a Philly show, too, but it's silly for us to complain, IMHO, when there are five other shows within a three-hour car ride. Within two weeks of two full-band shows in Camden.

What "sucks" is to live somewhere that's nowhere remotely close to one of these shows.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    nfanel wrote:
    Dalessandro’s should be first. and no larry's? pffft.
    I ate there before the KOL show at the E. Factory last year and wasn't impressed...
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    lowlight10 wrote:
    between the PJ tour and this solo tour, how many shows have they played within an hour and a half of Philly?

7. Two in Camden, Four in NYC and 1 in Newark. Philly people really have no reason to complain.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    No, but I'm allergic to Camden. :eek:

me too...

Well I guess camden is so close to philly that it's redundant..I don't know.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    libragirl wrote:
    me too...

Well I guess camden is so close to philly that it's redundant..I don't know.

Seriously, Camden was the worst place I have ever been in my life...and I live 30 minutes from Tijuana!! :eek:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Seriously, Camden was the worst place I have ever been in my life...and I live 30 minutes from Tijuana!! :eek:

lol..well it's up there as one of the most dangerous U.S. Cities. I went there once to see PJ that was enough. Plus NYC is closer to me.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    mammasan wrote:
    7. Two in Camden, Four in NYC and 1 in Newark. Philly people really have no reason to complain.

Thank you.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    There have been plenty of Philly shows over the past eight years.

I don't live anywhere near your town and I have been there twice for shows and know the name of you local radio dj.