Options

Praise for the Tenclub!!

vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Good job people...

Instead of whining about not getting things.. i'm here to offer you some recognition to a job well done :)

I've been a member for a while :) I just want to thank you for the awesome tickets time after time.

Viva la Tenclub!! *shoots pistol in the air*
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I second that
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    :)
    "Music could provide the light you cannot resist" -R.E.M., "I'm Gonna DJ"

"My relationship with the band began as a love affair on the phone with Jeff." -Eddie Vedder, Rolling Stone, 10/28/93
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Wow. I cannot belive the delusion around here. A bunch of people ordered a product here and the product is missing 1/7th of it. So when they speak out about it, they are reprimanded and called whiners. The asskissing is unbelieveable.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Wow. I cannot belive the delusion around here. A bunch of people ordered a product here and the product is missing 1/7th of it. So when they speak out about it, they are reprimanded and called whiners. The asskissing is unbelieveable.
    would you expect anything less from fans. i cant wait till the day pj starts charging 100 bucks a tix, lets see how many people will still kiss ass then
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    freewheelin3freewheelin3 Posts: 173
    the tickets are good, the rest leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.. however im not a memeber anymore

the sonymusic site was better at keeping us in the loop and giving us a heads up than the tenclub webpage is..
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428

I don't think it's about the missing item--obviously people are entitled to have a complete set. Have people actually called those people who are missing a CD whiners?
    I think it's all the threads and complaints about the set costing less at circuit city, the fan club seating stuff, and the poster sales...people complain about everything, and i think we should be happy that we get these things.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    Time after time they've given me the chance to buy great tickets.. without any hiccup! :) That is what my praise is for.

Whine about the box-set bullshit elsewhere!! How did my thread even get onto this fucking stupid topic? :) Mishaps occur. Get over yourselves!!
  • Options
    So don't just talk on the internet about it buddy... do something! Go and lynch the band! :)
    I'm allowed to arse kiss for the Tenclub tickets i've gotten over the years.. hell I'd give the whole band blow jobs for the tickets i've gotten! Not sure any of us would like it though haha...

that is all.. *wipes mouth*
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    vital5 wrote:
    So don't just talk on the internet about it buddy... do something! Go and lynch the band! :)
    I'm allowed to arse kiss for the Tenclub tickets i've gotten over the years.. hell I'd give the whole band blow jobs for the tickets i've gotten! Not sure any of us would like it though haha...

that is all.. *wipes mouth*
    Perhaps I should have contacted the police, or the better business bureau, or the FBI. When I have a prob with something PJ related, this is where I come. Of course, I emailed the 10C and sought a resolution, but as I said in my response to Music for Rhinos, I wanted to see if this happened to anyone else (which apparently it has) either with this set or others, and how it was taken care of.
    And as for the seriousness of my problem, perhaps the tone of my original post seemed overly dramatic, but I was upset. Not that I was on the verge of suicide, but there are certainly levels of disdain, no? Not like when I caught my baby's momma with some other dude, but hey, yesterday, it was upsetting. I'd waited for however long it'd been to get this set, opened it and was jubilant, looked harder and knew that there'd be more time before I had the entire set in my PJ-loving hands.

So...from now on, I resolve to only start threads about the REAL ills of society, our failing health care system, the climate crisis, missing people, or how hot ed is. Either that or to spread my PJ-related glee. Thanks again.

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    I don't think it's about the missing item--obviously people are entitled to have a complete set. Have people actually called those people who are missing a CD whiners?
    I think it's all the threads and complaints about the set costing less at circuit city, the fan club seating stuff, and the poster sales...people complain about everything, and i think we should be happy that we get these things.

I think so, too.

If your getting an incomplete product it's of course o.k. to complain (in a polite way, there's a difference between "I'm missing a disc, does anybody know what I can do?" and "10c is a bunch of stupid idiots who are ripping me off all the time and can't do anything right.") and to ask here for other people's experiences with similar problems. Those things happen (yes, it sucks, I know that and I hope my set will be complete) but I'm pretty sure 10c will fix it.

The other thing is the complaining about cheaper prices at circuit city or whatver chain store is near them. It is that way and everybody should know it by now. If you wait a few weeks, I'm sure you can get it for 24,99$ from an amazon marketplayce dealer and maybe by december for 19,99$ second hand. There will always be a better offer, that's the system. There was the same discussion about the ticket prices for the European Tour, there will be the same when they release the next album and there will be a limited 10c edition again. People forget that they don't have to buy anything from 10c if they think it's not cheap enough, you always know what you are paying, it's never a surprise. I'm really waiting for the first thread titled "I paid for a 140 minutes (at least) show and only got 125 - I want a refund".

For the topic: I've got everything I ordered from 10c in a completely satisfying manner yet, sometimes it took a while but I knew that in advance, so no problem. And if I had a question, I mailed them and always got an answer within one day. That's all I want, so I can second the praise, too.
    Landgraaf 00 Hamburg 00
    Arnhem 06 Antwerp 06 Berlin 06
    Düsseldorf 07 Nijmegen 07

Neil Young And Friends Berlin 95
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    This is the best place I know to get the earliest possible news about tours and cool stuff. Hope all this doesn't sour the Ten Club.

Why would people so unhappy with the Ten Club keep coming back to this site?
  • Options
    Garden DoggGarden Dogg Posts: 226
    Abuskedti wrote:
    This is the best place I know to get the earliest possible news about tours and cool stuff. Hope all this doesn't sour the Ten Club.

yeah right. we get more info from outside sources lately and this forum and the ten club aren't mutually exclusive.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:

RM is down
  • Options
    yeah right. we get more info from outside sources lately and this forum and the ten club aren't mutually exclusive.

That's true. But maybe there's just a simple expanation for that. Take the Lolla show for example, I think the earliest information about that came from some radio DJ in Chicago. Maybe he got some inside information about the ongoing negotiation between PJ management and the festival organisers. Easy for him to spread those. 10c on the other hand had to wait until the contracts were signed.
    Same with the european tour. There were lots of rumours, even some tickets online for the Poland show, before we get anything official. But there also was a radio DJ in holland who reported a Pearl Jam confirmation for Pinkpop.

I would love getting more information on some issues (I really would like an official statement on the bootleg situation) but I think it's understandable that they only report facts where everybody else can spread whatever rumour comes to their ears.
    Landgraaf 00 Hamburg 00
    Arnhem 06 Antwerp 06 Berlin 06
    Düsseldorf 07 Nijmegen 07

Neil Young And Friends Berlin 95
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    The other thing is the complaining about cheaper prices at circuit city or whatver chain store is near them. It is that way and everybody should know it by now. If you wait a few weeks, I'm sure you can get it for 24,99$ from an amazon marketplayce dealer and maybe by december for 19,99$ second hand...People forget that they don't have to buy anything from 10c if they think it's not cheap enough, you always know what you are paying, it's never a surprise.
    exactly.
    vital5 wrote:
    I just want to thank you for the awesome tickets time after time.
    yes...for me, this is what it's all about. anything else the 10c provides is an added bonus!
  • Options
    *bump*
    and thank you for the xmas single earlier :)

and my ltd. edition book when it arrives :p
  • Options
    Thank you for my Ltd. Edition Poster book that i haven't even read yet.. :eek:

super number ;)
  • Options
    Yeah, i was upset about tix, but I'm not gonna get all butt hurt at 10C, They've been good to me for four years now....why get pissed now?

Hail hail 10C!!
    "I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, 1977
  • Options
    Free the 3Free the 3 Posts: 132
    Most of you in this thread should just STFU and be happy to see one of the greatest rock bands of all time. If you don't like what the Fan Club has to offer, don't visit. Seriously. It's really that simple.
    Spfld 11.91, UMass 11.91, RI 11.91, UMass 4.92, Boston 4.92, Spfld 4.94, Boston 4.94, Htfd 10.96, Montreal 8.98, Camden I,II.98, E. Rutherford 9.98, MSG II 9.98, Htfd 9.98, Mansfield II 9.98, Glasgow 6.00, Manchester 6.00, Mansfield II 8.00, Albany 4.03, Albany 5.06, Htfd 5.06+06.08, EV DC2
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    i love 10C!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    Free the 3Free the 3 Posts: 132
    Free the 3 wrote:
    Most of you in this thread should just STFU and be happy to see one of the greatest rock bands of all time. If you don't like what the Fan Club has to offer, don't visit. Seriously. It's really that simple.

Didn't mean to sound like a complete dick. I realize that most people appreciate what 10C does..... I'm F'in loaded. Hee-hee!!!!!
    Spfld 11.91, UMass 11.91, RI 11.91, UMass 4.92, Boston 4.92, Spfld 4.94, Boston 4.94, Htfd 10.96, Montreal 8.98, Camden I,II.98, E. Rutherford 9.98, MSG II 9.98, Htfd 9.98, Mansfield II 9.98, Glasgow 6.00, Manchester 6.00, Mansfield II 8.00, Albany 4.03, Albany 5.06, Htfd 5.06+06.08, EV DC2
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    hmmm the 10c is ok :D

i'm still getting over my hoodie fuck up, i'll live ;)
    wah
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    fuck the haters. with a number of 305xxx i've seen PJ tenth row dead center this year, and am seeing EV in Boston with probably equally as good of seats. It's 20 bucks a year and you always get your money's worth. I'm sorry, but for the price, ya really do -- go pay 100 bucks for Rolling Stones club which doesn't even set aside the best seats in the house for their fans.......
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II