Placebo - 2004
    I am mine!
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Canned Heat!
    OMG that is TOO COOL!
    They came through here in 1970 and I so wanted to go!
    (yes, I'm old too) :lol:

I saw Johnny Winter about that same time though. :thumbup:
    Johnny - the more talented but less famous Winter brother. I played the crap out of Johnny Winter And....Live :thumbup:

I saw him later on in the 90s and it was painful to watch :cry:
    That's a shame. Yeah, his health has really taken a toll. He broke his hip a few years ago and now he sits when he performs. When I saw him, he was on fire. I'll never forget him coming out on stage in that cape he used to wear. :lol:

We met him about 4 years ago at O'Hare Airport. It was Sunday night the weekend of the Chicago Blues Festival. He headlined one night, I think it was Thursday. We were coming back from my niece's wedding. I did a double take when I saw him but he's pretty unmistakeable! He was exhausted but super friendly to us, especially when we told him we were from Texas, and he even posed for a picture with me. 8-)
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Bruce at MSG i think i was 13 or 14
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    When I saw him, he was on fire. I'll never forget him coming out on stage in that cape he used to wear. :lol:

We met him about 4 years ago at O'Hare Airport. It was Sunday night the weekend of the Chicago Blues Festival. He headlined one night, I think it was Thursday. We were coming back from my niece's wedding. I did a double take when I saw him but he's pretty unmistakeable! He was exhausted but super friendly to us, especially when we told him we were from Texas, and he even posed for a picture with me. 8-)
    these young punks don't know what they missed :lol:

I just watched a DVD of my SECOND concert - Rory Gallagher. another amazing guitar player!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Iron Maiden ... Powerslave Tour,Edinburgh Playhouse,I was 13 :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    I just watched a DVD of my SECOND concert - Rory Gallagher. another amazing guitar player!
    Damn! Another fave! You have great taste in music (duh!). ;)
    I only saw Rory once, in 1980, but my prince saw him several times, including when his band Taste opened for Blind Faith. :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Michael Jackson in '93.
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Guns N' Roses in 2006. The new line-up really impressed me live.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The Rockets @ Pine Knob now DTE Energy Music Theatre, people from the Detroit area know this band.

The Who's Last Pontiac Silverdome shortly after, still best live band I've seen to date, almost 30 years later.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Had two near misses in 1977(11 yrs old) that turned out to be two of my all-time favs: Lynyrd Skynyrd about a month or so after plane crash actually had tickets going with my older cousins and that summer was suppose to go to Fleetwoood Mac at SPAC in Saratoga Springs Ny about 30 mins from where we lived, my parents pulled plugged when it was reported it was going to be the biggest concert ever there and there was security concerns, pretty sure I cried for like a hour :lol: I believe it still is the largest show ever at SPAC!

First w/ parents Charlie Daniels Band 1980 SPAC

Then seen either Neil Young(Houston Field House Troy NY, also where I seen PJ for first time in 91) or 38 Special(SPAC) in 1982 not which was first where within a couple months each other
    11/5/91: Troy NY "I Just Want to SCREAM... HELLO!"
    8/4/92:Saratoga NY 4/6/94:Mass 9/13/98:CT
    8/27/2000:Saratoga NY,10/04/2000:Montreal,Canada
    04/29/03:Albany, 5/12/06:Albany NY,10/31/09:Philly,5/15/10Hartford CT

• Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    Michael Jackson in '93.

damn........i bet you're still paying off the loan for those bad boys.
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    1st major concert with Friends ..
    LED ZEPPELIN 75
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Austicman wrote:
    The Angels - Blacktown Ice Rink 1986 :shock:

bwahahaha bogan. surprised it was the radiators. :P :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    The Allman Brothers - early 70's at the Jersey State Fairgrounds. Wow that was a long time ago.
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    1991 I was 10, with my Dad.
    Crowded House with The Exponenets and Supergroove opening. It was such an awesome night.
    Lots of local gigs as teenager.

First international act RHCP By the way tour 2002, my 21st present from my best friend, at Western Springs. Still can smell the 'smoke' that hung over everyone.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    Black crows Liverpool royal court 1990 or 91 it was such a long time ago its hard to remember
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    my first concert of note was october 5th, 2000 at the air canada centre in toronto. supergrass opened and pearl jam headlined. i've never looked back at my pre-concert life since.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    LED ZEPPELIN 75

that would be the ultimate... :clap::clap::clap: i would have love to see Zeppelin, did get to see Page and Plant in early 90's and they were awesome then.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    my mother dragged me to many operas and plays...nothing I'd consider a 'concert'. If I did let her drag me to a 'concert' it would have been Neil.....Diamond.

My first 'real' concert was INXS...in 1990
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    LED ZEPPELIN 75
    went to the local department store (lazarus) to score tickets. this was pre-internet (duh). the computer (or whatever they used) at that store crashed and by the time it came back on line, the cleveland show was 100% sold out :cry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Bob Dylan 1991
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    JourneyEscapealbumcover.jpg
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Carlos Santana(Buddy Guy opener) at Mann Music Center July 15, 1994

he kicked the shit out me! my ears hurt so bad
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    My first concert was Van Halen on the unlawful carnal knowledge tour. Opening band was this little outfit from Seattle named Alice in Chains. Honestly though, at the time I didn't know them and didn't really appreciate them like I should have. I do however remember thinking Layne was one scary looking MF'er. I was pretty young though.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    My first concert was Genesis :D

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    evenflow wrote:
    My first concert was Van Halen on the unlawful carnal knowledge tour. Opening band was this little outfit from Seattle named Alice in Chains. Honestly though, at the time I didn't know them and didn't really appreciate them like I should have. I do however remember thinking Layne was one scary looking MF'er. I was pretty young though.
    I caught this tour too...I was already a huge fan by then, but I think my friend and I were the only people in the building who knew who they were...we were like 30th row on the floor, rocking out while everyone around us sat down....Layne spent about half the show lying down onstage....so glad I got to see them.

I think BD and jose are my new heroes....'76-era KISS at MSG??? and '75 Zep for jose? You kidding me? frickin awesome...
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,736
    Ozzy's No Rest for the Wicked tour. I think Anthrax opened for them. I was 15 and told my mom I was sleeping over at a friends house - instead me, my friend, his sister and her boyfriend took the train to the Spectrum sipping Jack from a shared styrofoam coffee cup. Ah memories...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    J O U R N E Y Like BooBoo!!!

At the Rose Bowl
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    manutd3581 wrote:
    Hall and Oates.......damnit, Mom!!! First one I DIDNT get dragged to was Foo Fighters
    Same here, August 10, 1983....though my friends and I were excited about going :D
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    White Zombie and Anthrax @ Roseland Ballroom 1993 / Awesome!!!