Options

Your first....

Comments

• Options
    big wreck.

can't remember the year. 2000 maybe? i know i was pretty young and my friends and i thought we were so cool because we were at this concert on our own.
  • Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    Release Me wrote:
    Kenny Rogers, Worcester Centrum with mom and dad...I had fun!!!!

Kenny was my first show too. The Gambler tour, I was around 10. Went with my mom and had a blast.
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    with brother-kiss phila spectrum..like 1978 alone rolling stones 1981 jfk stadium phila.then the the who's first farewell tour :lol: /with the clash jfk stadum 1982...my last one roger waters prefoming the wall at the waco center in phila 2010
  • Options
    STP - Philly Spectrum

Local H opened
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    My first was supposed to be Sly & the Family Stones and James Brown in 1974 Boston, however a riot broke out and the show was cancelled.

Then in 1978 I got tickets through MD's rec dept and I was able to see Teddy Pendergrass open for The Isley Brothers @ The Capital Centre. The IB's were awesome and a superb show all around. Later I saw my first real rock concert in KISS and I'm sure that's where some of my hearing loss started.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    The Cranberries in 1994 at Gettysburg College (my sister went there). MC 900 Ft. Jesus and The Gigolo Aunts opened up for them.

Here are some others from the boards ;)

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 9&t=139900
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    three dog night
    it was really good
    i was only 13 tho
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    g under p wrote:
    My first was supposed to be Sly & the Family Stones and James Brown in 1974 Boston, however a riot broke out and the show was cancelled.

Then in 1978 I got tickets through MD's rec dept and I was able to see Teddy Pendergrass open for The Isley Brothers @ The Capital Centre. The IB's were awesome and a superb show all around. Later I saw my first real rock concert in KISS and I'm sure that's where some of my hearing loss started.

Peace

my second was sly and the fs
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    The Cranberries in 1994 at Gettysburg College (my sister went there). MC 900 Ft. Jesus and The Gigolo Aunts opened up for them.

Here are some others from the boards ;)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=139900

Ahah ! Good find with the link, I had the feeling I had replied this somewhere already :lol: Well, at least that's consistent ...
  • Options
    Stevie Wonder @ MSG. I was 5 years old. Still love the dude to this day.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    imalive wrote:
    Canned Heat!

promophoto4-2_copy.gif

yes, I'm old.
    OMG that is TOO COOL!
    They came through here in 1970 and I so wanted to go!
    (yes, I'm old too) :lol:

I saw Johnny Winter about that same time though. :thumbup:
    Johnny - the more talented but less famous Winter brother. I played the crap out of Johnny Winter And....Live :thumbup:

I saw him later on in the 90s and it was painful to watch :cry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    chickweed wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

My first vinyl... Parents wouldn't take me :evil:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    chickweed wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

My dissappointment was great in missing out of those 2 great bands but later the Isley Brothers were beyond great that night. I was too young for the cancellation to bother me too much. :(

cd-cover.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDo3Ds1y ... re=related

This was the tour they were supporting the *Go For Your Guns* Tour and when Ernie Isley hit that high note in *Voyage To Atlantis* the sold out Cap Centre went absolutely crazy. It was an amazing site and i as a younster was in the middle of it all.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,836
    In December of 97, my parents took me to see Ted Nugent. He came out on stage riding a buffalo. Ted's pretty much an ass, and some of the music is not that too good, but he put on a fun show.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    If you are not including Opera and Classical Concerts, which I started going to at prob 6 or 7...

Then with parents - Kiss 1976 MSG
    With Cool Cousin - The Clash 1980 at Bond Street
    With Cool Uncle - Pink Floyd 1980 Nassau Coliseum
    With friends - no adults The Who Shea Stadium 1982 or Ramones Roseland, can't remember which came first...

and if we ARE including classical & Opera?
  • Options
    chickweed wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

g under p wrote:
    My dissappointment was great in missing out of those 2 great bands but later the Isley Brothers were beyond great that night. I was too young for the cancellation to bother me too much. :(

cd-cover.jpg

This was the tour they were supporting the *Go For Your Guns* Tour and when Ernie Isley hit that high note in *Voyage To Atlantis* the sold out Cap Centre went absolutely crazy. It was an amazing site and i as a younster was in the middle of it all.

peace

Oh let me add the year before I was offered tickets to Led Zeppelin in May 1977 @ the Capital Centre. One of the 4 shows was on a Friday night and it was also the opening night for a little know movie called STAR WARS. Not let me say I little or no clue who LZ was at the time so you guessed it I chose the fricking movie. :( After seeing KISS the next year it opened up a whole new genre in music for me and I havn't looked back since.

If i could have it back though I would have certainly chosen Led Zeppelin.

Peace

• Options
    Pearl Jam Hartford 96
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    billy joel....MSG

that's sweet. billy joel is great live....especially when he's not playing with elton john.

mine is embarrassing. bell, biv, davoe. p-p-p-p-poison. never trust a big butt and a smile

NOO this was real deal billy joel ...early-mid 80's

bell..biv..davoe?????????? :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

cd-cover.jpg

peace
    Ohhhhh man!!!!

I miss concert fog :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    If you are not including Opera and Classical Concerts, which I started going to at prob 6 or 7...

Then with parents - Kiss 1976 MSG
    With Cool Cousin - The Clash 1980 at Bond Street
    With Cool Uncle - Pink Floyd 1980 Nassau Coliseum
    With friends - no adults The Who Shea Stadium 1982 or Ramones Roseland, can't remember which came first...

and if we ARE including classical & Opera?
    Then Rigoletto at the Met with Beverly Sills, circa 1971-2 ish?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i don't remember for sure. i think it was either Live or Three doors down.

:?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Motley Crue with Whitesnake, Maple Leaf Gardens, Girls Girls Girls tour.

My first concert, first exposure to drugs, first time seeing live boobs (as sex objects), and first and only time seeing someone do an upside down drum solo 8-)

saw KISS, Anthrax, AC/DC, Tesla, Aerosmith, and Skid Row all within the next year or so.
  • Options
    dCowboyPJ wrote:
    big wreck.

can't remember the year. 2000 maybe? i know i was pretty young and my friends and i thought we were so cool because we were at this concert on our own.

awesome. Ian Thornley is awesome. I've seen him in his bands about 20 times.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    1973 or 74. Wishbone Ash.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Jethro Tull in 72 at the Milwaukee Arena

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jethro-tu ... 420a8.html

memorable to say the least almost 40 tears later :D
  • Options
    With the folks....the oak ridge boys

Without...I'm not exactly sure but I think it was the allman bros
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    First few gigs:

J Geils Band
    Joe Perry Project
    The Who (The Only Ones were the opener..."Another Girl, Another Planet")
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Duran Duran, Hammersmith Odeon, 1982.

I maybe should have lied about the date, seems an awfully long time ago.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Claireack wrote:

I conveniently left out the year of my first concert!
    :)

(It was 1980!)
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

I conveniently left out the year of my first concert!
    :)

(It was 1980!)

Doesn't time fly!! :D:D