Options

what about this for an easy street poster trade?

pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I may be well out with this but I would offer up: -

all s/n the same number

1. 2008 MSG1
2. Boston orange 08
3. DC 08
4. Manchester elvis 08

any thoughts? impossible trade?

I'm willing to do this though with some cash also perhaps
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    pdalowsky wrote:

all s/n the same number

1. 2008 MSG1
    2. Boston orange 08
    3. DC 08
    4. Manchester elvis 08

Let's make a sports analogy out of this one :)

That's like trading Kobe Bryant for 4 bench players. Probably won't happen :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018

ouch
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    yeah...see your point
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    yeah...see your point
    You know how people are here. Once something is deemed cool or valuable, it takes alot to get a trade done . . . unless you get lucky. I know of someone who traded an Easy Street a few years ago for a far less valuable one they wanted.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    yeah though i'd throw it out there

with these all being the same number it might appeal to someone.

dont wanna sell the posters - not totally agreeable with that, but would love a trade
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    yeah though i'd throw it out there

with these all being the same number it might appeal to someone.

dont wanna sell the posters - not totally agreeable with that, but would love a trade
    Yeah people are weird with the numbers. Is it a cool number?
    NERDS!
  • Options
    you know I have no idea yet, still waiting for the sub to arrive. But its out of 100 so they are very limited I guess. I hear 1-10 are usually given to the band and friends etc, 11-20 find their way to exhibitions and the likes, and then 20-100 are fair game, the lower the better - however I have no idea why
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,867
    pdalowsky wrote:
    you know I have no idea yet, still waiting for the sub to arrive. But its out of 100 so they are very limited I guess. I hear 1-10 are usually given to the band and friends etc, 11-20 find their way to exhibitions and the likes, and then 20-100 are fair game, the lower the better - however I have no idea why

If someone ever told me that their s/n was worth more because it was a lower number, I probably wouldn't trade with them, cuz that's just ridiculous. Any s/n should be worth the same.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    a5pj wrote:
    If someone ever told me that their s/n was worth more because it was a lower number, I probably wouldn't trade with them, cuz that's just ridiculous. Any s/n should be worth the same.

must admit i totally agree, however was put in place recently by some big poster 'players' who wouldnt agree with me that the number meant nothing, to me the number is irrelevant, however number 1 would be something
  • Options

Great analysis!!!

That's a bad deal!!!
    the Minions
  • Options
    :(

I guess you are missing the bit where I say 'and some cash'.....I know they are on their own do not add up
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    If it were me, and I had an extra, or wanted those 4 posters, it would have been done WITHOUT the cash, but ONLY for you!! ;)

Good luck!

ps...That and the fact I would LOVE to have moved Kobe if I had him would be incentive enough for me!(Cant stand that guy! )
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342

LOL
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611

that is a funny post!
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    FrankBauerFrankBauer Posts: 448
    pdalowsky wrote:

all s/n the same number

1. 2008 MSG1
    2. Boston orange 08
    3. DC 08
    4. Manchester elvis 08

the analogy using black mamba is pretty fair. say, statistically, those 4 bench players add up comparably to the doberman's ppg, rpg, and apg. and say, one of those 4 bench players is also a lockdown defender. all 4 players also happen to be very young so theres no telling how they will grow as a player. this trade could happen, but is very unlikely (think pau gasol).

money talks. around here, your best bet is to sell those posters and come up with cash. even though it may be equal value as given by EB, there are so many other factors to consider. and most here won't trade an established poster for a bunch of newer 08 prints.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,867
    pdalowsky wrote:
    must admit i totally agree, however was put in place recently by some big poster 'players' who wouldnt agree with me that the number meant nothing, to me the number is irrelevant, however number 1 would be something

guess I could see #1, any other def not though, I don't care what any other person says, unless it comes from emek or klausen or ames or some other artist.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    FrankBauer wrote:
    the analogy using black mamba is pretty fair. say, statistically, those 4 bench players add up comparably to the doberman's ppg, rpg, and apg. and say, one of those 4 bench players is also a lockdown defender. all 4 players also happen to be very young so theres no telling how they will grow as a player. this trade could happen, but is very unlikely (think pau gasol).

money talks. around here, your best bet is to sell those posters and come up with cash. even though it may be equal value as given by EB, there are so many other factors to consider. and most here won't trade an established poster for a bunch of newer 08 prints.

Yep, thought that would be the case, but just threw it out there just in case. The 4 seperately should pull approx $500 which isnt far off the latest Brad easy street price....I might just go and beg Brad to let me have his.....again.
  • Options
    Yeah people are weird with the numbers. Is it a cool number?

not really a cool number at all - 89/100

anyone interested in them? shoot me a PM
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    you gotta find one thats availble first
    then negotiate the price.

but I wouldnt trade an easy street for ALL the 08s
  • Options
    My Ames sub is out of 200, not 100...anyone else?
    I got #43, nothing special.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    pjheadpjhead Posts: 107

Are you sure that you are not looking at the Bonaroo print? They were out of 200. The others should be out of 100.
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Man, I wish I had 2 coming my way, I'd give you the extra for free :rolleyes:

I wish you well in the hunt :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    cheers Al, has it not arrived yet?
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    low numbers not valued higher? hah! i scoff at that!!

take a look at the kozik 92 soundgarden green lady. average price is about 800. numbers 2 and 6 both sold for around 1800. i'm not arguing why lower numbers are more desirable. everybody's different and collects differently. but there's no question that it's true...

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1170

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    good input
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569

a richard petty fan might disagree

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    i think i might be the only one who isnt a huge easy street fan im not sure how much i like it
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    pdalowsky wrote:
    not really a cool number at all - 89/100

anyone interested in them? shoot me a PM

69/100 wouldve been cooler..:p
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    pdalowsky wrote:
    cheers Al, has it not arrived yet?

Not yet but start praying they make a mistake and pop 2 in my poster tube...Will post some pix when it arrives :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    bump