A sad day for PJ fans

2»

Comments

• Options
    JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    fanch75 wrote:
    OMGZZZZZZ!

No more Jamily Posters?!?!?!?!?!?

Can we please give your campaign to call them "Jamily Posters" a rest?! It was not funny the first time. It was not funny the 800th time. Forcing it down people's throats does not make it funny... in fact, it has the opposite effect. Seriously, I might be wrong here, but I don't think anyone shares your vision around this, and truly wish you would give it a rest. I certainly give you an A+ for effort, but sometimes you have to know when to let it fade into the night.

Just my humble opinion and unsolicited two cents.
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    JamilyMan wrote:
    Can we please give your campaign to call them "Jamily Posters" a rest?! It was not funny the first time. It was not funny the 800th time. Forcing it down people's throats does not make it funny... in fact, it has the opposite effect. Seriously, I might be wrong here, but I don't think anyone shares your vision around this, and truly wish you would give it a rest. I certainly give you an A+ for effort, but sometimes you have to know when to let it fade into the night.

Just my humble opinion and unsolicited two cents.

Well, I think it's funny and that's enough for me.

Besides, you call yourself "JamilyMan."
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    fanch75 wrote:

Well I think its funny too... or maybe the funny part is that people feel the need to react to and question or refute or just argue about it....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    I thought someone DIED!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie just meant he's taking a year off to see if he and Manny Ramirez can start a family...
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    Here we go again, same old shite from people trying to make others lives a little down because they know just what to say. Didn't Ed say the same sort of thing at the end of the Mansfield Shows? Its just a figure of speech as you would expect, its not as though he's gonna say 'Well thanks for tonight we'll see you real soon' That would create shit loads of Speculation about another tour. He says what he said meaning we'll see you again i.e. in a while when we tour again as you would expect with a band/artist touring. Its not as though they do it every month, and with what he said you can get real worried if/when he says 'Thanks a lot but thats it you'll never see us again as times up' Followed by a announcement by the 10 Club.

Anyway who mentioned the boys coming to Europe next year? Bring it on! We love Pearl Jam over here and we want you back. A nice little tour promoting the New Album along with some Ed dates would make 2009 for me.

As for the doom and gloom mongers, leave it out as its getting very tiresome. They'll call it a day when they are ready, thankfully that day won't be soon. We have got much more to come from these guys to see and enjoy. So Please just let people enjoy them, The Who tribute was just the beginning for me and I feel a lot of others, it was great to see them like they was that night and thats given so many people so much hope for the future. We all know there will be plenty of space between PJ events for the future though to, It just means the boys are getting older. It doesn't mean its the beginning of the end, if it was Ed would have said much more than what he did.
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    chromiam wrote:
    Well I think its funny too... or maybe the funny part is that people feel the need to react to and question or refute or just argue about it....

JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    fanch75 wrote:
    JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY JAMILY

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    fanch75 wrote:

Yeah, I expected that reaction. Clearly I can't prevent you from continuing with your campaign, nor should I. It is obviously that important to you, so please carry on.

And yes, I cringe at my own name on this board... hence my signature disclaimer. Oh well... life goes on
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    He probably meant solo...I doubt he was talking about PJ tours...I mean how many EV solo tours have there been? He's probably saying enjoy this cause it aint gonna happen again for a long time
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    FitzFitz Posts: 169
    petrocs wrote:
    He probably meant solo...I doubt he was talking about PJ tours...I mean how many EV solo tours have there been? He's probably saying enjoy this cause it aint gonna happen again for a long time

Thats a very Good point!
    "First of all, there’s the palpable camaraderie and good feeling you get from the entire band as they smile and nod at each other, and huddle together in various formations throughout the show --- They look like they really like each other. They look stoked!"
  • Options
    he was drunk.....doesn't mean anything

Unless his liver was talking....
    the Minions
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Perhaps Ed is starting a new band with Tim Robbins and Sean Penn???