Options

Getting back to NJ after the show?!

Tremor-ChrisTremor-Chris Posts: 233
edited June 2008 in The Porch
How easy will it be to get back to NJ after the show and what is the best way. To get in I'm taking the Bus to Port Authority from Elmwood Park bus stop then the train/subway to Penn Station.

As far as I can tell for the web sites I'm looking at, the last train that leaves that night that would get me to NJis 11:49, but kinda doubt I'll be able to make it there in time after the show (if it ends that early, and there is NO way I'm leaving early)

But there is a bus that leaves Port Authority at 1am. Is there an easy way to get back to Port Authority after the show?

anyone have some info for me on the best way to get back

Thanks,
-Chris
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ohbigboyohbigboy Posts: 34
    just walk the 8 blocks north up to the Port Authority after the show.
    Just waiting for my next show...
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I have a hard time believing that NJTransit isnt aware that there is a concert and it MAY get over after the last train is suppose to run and strand thousands in NYC for the night
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    petrocs wrote:
    I have a hard time believing that NJTransit isnt aware that there is a concert and it MAY get over after the last train is suppose to run and strand thousands in NYC for the night
    I don't think NJT runs their trains according to a concert schedule. Besides, there are too many train/bus lines to do it. The schedule is the schedule, concert or no concert.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    I don't think NJT runs their trains according to a concert schedule. Besides, there are too many train/bus lines to do it. The schedule is the schedule, concert or no concert.

yeah MSG has games or a concert every night. NJ Transit doesnt ask around to find out when tonights act is going to finish up to hold up their trains. That is pretty funny.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,837
    Who would want to go BACK to New Jersey?
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    ohbigboy wrote:
    just walk the 8 blocks north up to the Port Authority after the show.

Thanks, I didn't realize it was only 8 blocks away.
    Who would want to go BACK to New Jersey?

Yeah I don't really WANT to go back to NJ, but having a free place to stay there is much better then spending $200+ a night for a hotel in NYC.

-Chris
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,837
    Yeah I don't really WANT to go back to NJ, but having a free place to stay there is much better then spending $200+ a night for a hotel in NYC.

-Chris

haha it's all good man -- i just wanted to trash new jersey.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    The last train isn't at 11:42, There is a couple more after that. The last one is 1:41.

The best way for me is to take the train, so i didn't look at any other options.
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    Path train runs from one block over from MSG to Hoboken all night. I think after 12:30 or something they're every 30 minutes, but at least it gets you to Jersey.
    Leave your lady on the cement floor.

"You boo us, you call us pussies, and still we come back." EV NJ1 2006

2008 MSG 2
    2006 NJ 1, NJ 2
    2003 MSG 1
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 631
    Thanks, I didn't realize it was only 8 blocks away.

-Chris

Yeah, just get out on the 8th Ave. side and Port Authority is 6 blocks north from 34th St. to the 40th St. entrance. Not a bad walk at all...
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,736
    I just gotta say that your screen name is amazing. Ranks right up there with StephenFlow as my absolute favorite.

That is all.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    haha it's all good man -- i just wanted to trash new jersey.

haha no worries, I trash on him all the time for living in Jersey
    1DeLukin wrote:
    I just gotta say that your screen name is amazing. Ranks right up there with StephenFlow as my absolute favorite.

That is all.

Thanks, I like it too =)

I got my return trip planned out now, thanks for the help all!!! Time to grab my Ipod and head to MSG. I'lll be one of the guys (if there is more then 1) wearing the bright orange Stone shirt.

-Chris