Options

movie: DEVIL

JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1314655/

Anybody see this?

I thought M.Night Shamalamdingdongs movies have been slipping a bit lately, but I think he just produced this one, and I really, really liked it.
Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mcgavinjmcgavinj Idaho Falls, ID, USA Posts: 311
    The .....dindong for his name made me laugh. I havent seen his last several movies. I'll have to check it out.
  • Options
    evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    I actually just watched this movie last night. I had forgotton all about it but it's been on my netflix queue and they sent it to me. I didn't have any real great expectations for it because, like you said, the last couple of movies he made were dissapointments. I gotta say though, I was surprised. I really liked it. The story was original and I thought they did a good job of keeping the suspense up, as well as making you wonder who was actually doing all the attacks. If anything, it was entertaining, and I'd probably watch it again.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    evenflow wrote:
    I actually just watched this movie last night. I had forgotton all about it but it's been on my netflix queue and they sent it to me. I didn't have any real great expectations for it because, like you said, the last couple of movies he made were dissapointments. I gotta say though, I was surprised. I really liked it. The story was original and I thought they did a good job of keeping the suspense up, as well as making you wonder who was actually doing all the attacks. If anything, it was entertaining, and I'd probably watch it again.

Thats exactly how i went into it.
    I really like the style of his movies (although he didnt direct). It reminded me of an old school suspense.

And yes, its told in such a way that if you liked it, it could be a good 2nd watch too.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Storyline

A group of people are trapped in an elevator and the Devil is mysteriously amongst them.

I don't know why after i read the storyline I can only think in fart jokes in elevators, I know very immature of me :oops:

I'll give it a try
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    I thought this movie was horrible - very predictable
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia