Options

New Yorkers Please!!!

pthom164pthom164 Posts: 15
edited August 2008 in The Porch
Please dont live up to Eddies expectations....thinking we are all assholes. DONT FUCKING YELL during the show!!!! During the boston show he commented on the fans and how rude they were being and then said I thought only New Yorkers had the asshole fans!!! So lets prove him wrong and show some dam respect.Pass on to your friends
Peace
Limelight show 1992 ( I signed up for the 10club then)
( RARE!! )Scrapbar, NYC(Solo; eddie vedder, 2 songs!)
NYC( MSG ) Shows 90's, early 2000's, 2008
NJ( Art Center, Camden) Shows early 2000's
Mike Watt and friends( E.V. ) mid 90's,
EV Solo Tour 08/05/08
Exact dates I just cant remember...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    New Yorkers are class.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    pthom164 wrote:
    Please dont live up to Eddies expectations....thinking we are all assholes. DONT FUCKING YELL during the show!!!! During the boston show he commented on the fans and how rude they were being and then said I thought only New Yorkers had the asshole fans!!! So lets prove him wrong and show some dam respect.Pass on to your friends
    Peace

I have come to the conclusion that the "assholes" are NOT ten club members... I would go as far as saying that none of the "assholes" even spend time on this board. They were just lucky enough to score tickets. So personally I believe, pleading to fans here is going to do nothing. :(
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    I love NYC. but the drunk idiots I can do with out...We will certainly see how much class there is at our shows..Enjoy
    EV Solo Tour 08/05/08
  • Options
    Yea I did think of that....probally a waste of time, but I just had to post it anyways...Peace
    EV Solo Tour 08/05/08
  • Options
    pthom164 wrote:
    Yea I did think of that....probally a waste of time, but I just had to post it anyways...Peace

I feel you though, I almost walked out of MSG I, this past tour for that reason... Some people have no respect, they just go to the show because "It's Pearl Jam, man!" and they no NOTHING about the band and more importantly their music. It sad.

I be at the show on Tuesday, I got lucky and got 10C tickets and it will drive me insane to hear all the screaming request and marriage proposal. But atleast I will be around respectful people... :)... and I probably smoke before to take of the edge...lol. Hope we all enjoy the show! ;)
  • Options
    I feel you though, I almost walked out of MSG I, this past tour for that reason... Some people have no respect, they just go to the show because "It's Pearl Jam, man!" and they no NOTHING about the band and more importantly their music. It sad.

"This is not a TV studio, Josh. This is a ******* rock concert man"

It is quite possible to shout and enjoy the music while understanding the band and the messages they are trying to get across. Why not have fun doing it? You go and pay $75 for a ticket to a ROCK CONCERT and expect the fans not to go crazy for their favorite band. I mean c'mon EV drinks a lot while on stage, and does anyone remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zal4Oj8fhX8&feature=related

A lot of people on these boards seem to be getting stuck up lately... just saying
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708

It is quite possible to shout and enjoy the music while understanding the band and the messages they are trying to get across. Why not have fun doing it? You go and pay $75 for a ticket to a ROCK CONCERT and expect the fans not to go crazy for their favorite band. I mean c'mon EV drinks a lot while on stage, and does anyone remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zal4Oj8fhX8&feature=related

A lot of people on these boards seem to be getting stuck up lately... just saying

It's not really a rock concert though. Rock concerts are generally "plugged in", not quiet acoustic shows.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Fucking yell all you want, just don't request PJ songs. Shout out stuff he's done pre-set in the past. I recommend Don't Be Shy. Loud & Often
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    It's not really a rock concert though. Rock concerts are generally "plugged in", not quiet acoustic shows.

that was in reference to how he almost walked out of PJ in MSG1
  • Options
    pthom164 wrote:
    Peace

it's the law of averages my friend.anytime you get a mass gathering of people (and throw booze into the equation) it's a given that you have a few assholes!

every city,every state!!

i went to the MSG shows(first time @ MSG) and NY'ers were cool as shit.(but being from Boston i had to put Ed's comment from the other night in my sig:D:D)

so don't let the assholes get to you too much and ruin you experience.these solo shows may never ever happen again.(you are going to love the show! i sure the fuck did!!)
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Granted, he was probably following the golden rule of "know your audience" and playing to the Boston crowd, but still not real thrilled with Ed on this statement. If I were to rate the level of assholeishness of the crowd, NY wouldn't even be close to the top. Boston on the other hand.......;)
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    I'll be on my best behavior, I promise
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    I dont have to wear undies do I? I dont think Ed gonna mind that at all!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options

It not about going crazy... I have never had a problem with fans going crazy, I go crazy. My problem is disrespectful people that think they are the only ones who paid that amount of money and people that seem to think that the world revolves around them... I am talking about the people are going shout shit to Eddie and rush the stage. I mean, now that I think about how do you go crazy while Eddie is sing a song like Masters of War or Sometimes... its not like you can start a pit or even jump around to it.

But the specific instead I was talking about was at MSG I, I did not have 10C so I was all the way in the back with a bunch of meat heads standing right in front of me. Now at MSG in the back the last few rows there is this over hang, and the guys right in front of me thought it was their personal arm rest or something...so they were completely blocking every ones view and they refused to take there hands down.

Lastly, I might not like rude people at shows but I am not ruining anyone else experience... If I am not having a good time I move, if I can, away from idiots. I am not stuck up, I am just venting... I have always been the type to respect other people around me, it just saddens me when I am reminded in such an in your face manner that some people think the world revolves around them... So it is not about fans going crazy, that is cool! Its about going crazy and forgetting there are other people around you.

And when it come to the Eddie Vedder show, I think some one else already said it but, it isn't really a "rock concert" it is more like a folk"ish" concert. It is Eddie sitting on down telling stories and sing music with his guitar.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    I really don't think anyone here will act like an idiot- it's the casual PJ fan that will yell out
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I really don't think anyone here will act like an idiot- it's the casual PJ fan that will yell out

BINGO!!

all though when some one asked him who he was voting for he said "I'm just going to be like the Hollywood people and keep that to myself" while 2 guys walked across the stage in the background with a giant Obama banner(it was pretty funny) i had to yell "He's a puppet too" (as in Obama)

but that is the only time i yelled besides to cheer at the end of a song.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    BINGO!!

all though when some one asked him who he was voting for he said "I'm just going to be like the Hollywood people and keep that to myself" while 2 guys walked across the stage in the background with a giant Obama banner(it was pretty funny) i had to yell "He's a puppet too" (as in Obama)

but that is the only time i yelled besides to cheer at the end of a song.
    that's okay- sounds funny :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

exactly! Real Pearl Jam fan rock! Even, semi-real PJ fans rock... it the drunken, idiots that don't really give a shit that cause the problem... All they want to hear it Jeremy, Black, and Even Flow( not that there is anything wrong with those song) cause that is all they know. The concert is just an excuse to get drunk for them that is all, its not about the music... I dont think there is alot of people like that, personally I have only experienced it once and I have been to alot of shows. But it so sucks when you have to deal with people like this.

I just know that, personally, I need to do everything I can to stay around fans to enjoy the show.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    It's inevitable.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive