Options

Wait, WHY is Ed solo touring the east?

JeffAment's-FloorJeffAment's-Floor Posts: 88
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Think about it. The band usually doesn't do short tours like this of America. If they tour, they really tour. I chalked that up to just wanting to take it easy before heading into the studio for the new album but now with this looming Eddie tour, something seems off to me. Why aren't these Pearl Jam dates of places that didn't get to see them this year? It seems like Ed just couldn't wait to get rid of the guys so he can embark on a tour of the same places he just played in front of. That's probably a hyperbole, but it still seems a little weird. I understood the first solo tour out west and I'd understand if they went into the studio now too. But the guys got together, just for the lead singer to break apart and re-perform in front of the acts that they already played in front of? Huh? These could have been extra Pearl Jam dates for people who didn't get to see them. I'm not saying this is on Ed, but someone wasn't on board for that.

I won't complain too much as an East Coaster though... :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cashcash Posts: 55
    They/He just continue to hit the same spots over and over again to shit on people who live in Texas.
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    cause he wants to
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,956
    Cause home boy's got enough solo songs & covers down that he can do whateva he wants.

Hell, I'd go see a Stone Gossard/Brad tour as well. Fuck it!
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    Who the hell is Ed Solo?
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    dervish7dervish7 Posts: 218
    Who the hell is Ed Solo?

Han's brother, from the Star Wars prequels. He was a little kid in those.
    First of all: I am tired. I am true of heart!
    And also: You are tired. You are true of heart!

-Dave Eggers
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    dervish7 wrote:

A+

I lolled.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    dervish7 wrote:

now that's funny, i don't care who you are

maybe it's because he did some west coast solo dates, now he's pimpin ITW in the east. what's they big mystery?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    My guess would be because he released an album more recently than the band. They prob just did a small tour for shits and giggles and he wanted to do some more solo stuff. Lets not overthink things here.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    pretty sure the tour was done because they did Bonnaroo
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    svenstephysvenstephy Posts: 182
    dervish7 wrote:
    ya that was pretty funny...i lol'd as well :)
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Think about it. The band usually doesn't do short tours like this of America. If they tour, they really tour. I chalked that up to just wanting to take it easy before heading into the studio for the new album but now with this looming Eddie tour, something seems off to me. Why aren't these Pearl Jam dates of places that didn't get to see them this year? It seems like Ed just couldn't wait to get rid of the guys so he can embark on a tour of the same places he just played in front of. That's probably a hyperbole, but it still seems a little weird. I understood the first solo tour out west and I'd understand if they went into the studio now too. But the guys got together, just for the lead singer to break apart and re-perform in front of the acts that they already played in front of? Huh? These could have been extra Pearl Jam dates for people who didn't get to see them. I'm not saying this is on Ed, but someone wasn't on board for that.

Why shouldn't he bring his solo tour out to the other side of the country?

I'm glad he's coming closer so maybe I could actually hear the songs!!!! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    yeah i think the "new fathers" only wanted to do a small tour and Ed is now free to do his ITTW thing over here,which i'm fucking psyched because i love into the wild and he didn't do one song at any of the shows i went to.

Boston is lovely in the summer anyway so why wouldn't he want to come here (again :D)
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    dangerboy wrote:
    maybe it's because he did some west coast solo dates, now he's pimpin ITW in the east. what's they big mystery?

He's right. We all thought the tour was so short because they wanted to go straight back into the studio, considering they never do such short US tours. So it's strange that Ed would be doing this now instead of working with PJ for a while.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    april - ed tours west
    may - off/studio work
    june - band plays east
    july - off (except vh1 honors)
    august - ed tours east
    september - off/studio work
    october - band plays west coast

my theory....do with it what you will :)
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    yeap, that's what Mike said in an article
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    cutback wrote:
    april - ed tours west
    may - off/studio work
    june - band plays east
    august - ed tours east

I was thinking the exact same thing last night- good call. The band WILL play Bridge in Oct since Ed had to cancel last year- makes sense to plan a small tour around Bridge
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880

Ed said last night that the Beacon show was set up over a year ago. So they most likely had those two gigs and thought they should throw more dates around them.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    LukinFan wrote:
    I was thinking the exact same thing last night- good call. The band WILL play Bridge in Oct since Ed had to cancel last year- makes sense to plan a small tour around Bridge

yep....i really started thinking this when i saw that website that said liam finn was booked for august on the east coast....this seems to make the most sense especially with bridge... :)
  • Options
    GlttrGrrlGlttrGrrl Posts: 129
    cutback wrote:
    april - ed tours west
    may - off/studio work
    june - band plays east
    august - ed tours east

I know the band has been together forever, but do you not think they need to rehearse before they play? I don't know how much time they would have spent in the studio in May if they were rehearsing (which they HAD to have been doing since they kicked so much ass on tour). I figure if they were going to rehearse for two shows, they probably figured it was worth it to fill in dates in between.

As for ed, with baby #2 on the way, he needs mo money baby! That's why he's touring ;)
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    so where r u going with this?

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    as a midwesterner who couldnt afford to see ANY shows this year i would be PISSED if its just the east coast again... fuckin selfish how everyones like "ed needs to come to the east coast" days after the full PJ tour ended... i dont think ed would forget his home town of chicago but itd be real upsetting if he did... i rather them just go into the studio now instead of waste this time somewhere i cant see
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 473
    Just confirmed- I called the Riverside in Milwaukee.

Eddie at the Riverside Theater in Milwaukee Aug 19th.
    Tickets on sale next friday at noon.

I'm sure there are other Midwest dates coming soon....

Cheers!
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334

Cheers!
    thanks teddy! i wonder what venue he'll play here in chicago! tickets are gonna be a bitch to get to these midwest dates since were all so PJ starved :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Many bands who are only doing one large festival often do a few additional dates as well so that they aren't just rehearsing/revving-up the tour process for only 1 show.
  • Options
    webswebs Posts: 34

Cheers!

You just made my day! That would be so fucking awesome.
  • Options
    dervish7 wrote:
    hahahaha that is some funny shit
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    april - ed tours west
    may - off/studio work
    june - band plays east
    august - ed tours east

I agree. I definitely think they will do more PJ dates.
  • Options
    callmedaughtercallmedaughter IL Posts: 38

Cheers!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! maybe my dream for midwest shows isn't that incredibly far fetched after all. MAKE THE ANNOUNCEMENT ALREADY!!!

:)
    11 October, 2000
    23 April 2003
    22 June, 2003
    5 October, 2004
    5 August, 2007
    20 June, 2009 (EV)
    7 May, 2010
    1 July, 2011 (EV)
    ~~~~~*~~~~~
    #410***
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    sgossard3 wrote:
    as a midwesterner who couldnt afford to see ANY shows this year i would be PISSED if its just the east coast again... fuckin selfish how everyones like "ed needs to come to the east coast" days after the full PJ tour ended... i dont think ed would forget his home town of chicago but itd be real upsetting if he did... i rather them just go into the studio now instead of waste this time somewhere i cant see

Didn't you guys get the only 2 US shows last year?
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219

Reading too much into it... most cases... there is nothing more to see.
    Just take it as it comes and enjoy it while you got it.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!