Options

Red Mosquito count-in...

homer19homer19 Posts: 24
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Has anyone ever clearly defined what Stone says on the count-in to the start of RM on No Code studio version?? "Giant one...mighty fine"?
St. Paul '92; Milwaukee '95; East Troy '98; Minneapolis '98; Bridge School '99; East Troy '00; Vegas '00; Council Bluffs '03; St. Paul '03; Winnpieg '05; Thunder Bay '05; St. Paul-1 '06; St. Paul-2 '06, Chicago-Lolla '07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Thought is was something like "Line one" or something. Will have to listen again after work
    "There's alot to be said for nowhere"
  • Options
    homer19homer19 Posts: 24
    and if anyone does know positively what he says...does it mean anything significant, or was it just something generic to say to mark the start of the take??
    St. Paul '92; Milwaukee '95; East Troy '98; Minneapolis '98; Bridge School '99; East Troy '00; Vegas '00; Council Bluffs '03; St. Paul '03; Winnpieg '05; Thunder Bay '05; St. Paul-1 '06; St. Paul-2 '06, Chicago-Lolla '07
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    giant one, might he find.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    line one, mighty fine.
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    line one, mighty fine.

This and..."Nine, one, ninety-five" seem to get the most attention. This is a tough one...it's really not that clear...1995 would have been right around when they were recording No Code, which is probably why the one I mentioned has been discussed so often. But "Line one, mighty fine" is very likely too.
  • Options
    Gmoney wrote:
    giant one, might he find.

Im pretty sure this is right.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    just ask Stone
  • Options
    given2fly10given2fly10 Posts: 485
    line one, mighty fine.
    yep if you listen to it a few times this is what stone says. there was a thread bout this 2-3 months ago and of the posts said line one, mighty fine is recording lingo
    And he still gives his love, he just gives it away, The love he receives is the love that is saved, And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky, A human being that was given to fly

no bed=no brian

coke sucks
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    yep if you listen to it a few times this is what stone says. there was a thread bout this 2-3 months ago and of the posts said line one, mighty fine is recording lingo

Fact

I should say. fact that he says that. However, I don't know how universal of a recording term it is. I would assume it basically means "take it from the top"
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”