Options

EV Posters

gotchagotcha Posts: 56
edited July 2008 in The Porch
So are the EV posters made by Ames Bros.? Are they as hard to get as PJ? Are they doing the wristband thing for these? I have not yet been able to get one of these!!
"uncanny and immutable"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    gotcha wrote:
    So are the EV posters made by Ames Bros.? Are they as hard to get as PJ? Are they doing the wristband thing for these? I have not yet been able to get one of these!!

I don't think they did wristbands for the west coast gigs. However, the system seemed to work pretty well for the shows in June so maybe they will implement it for the east coast solo shows.
  • Options
    Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    There were no wristbands during the west coast shows. Posters weren't really hard to get at any of the shows, most of which lasted up until Ed went on. Remember, these are much smaller venues, so there aren't 10,000 people trying to get a poster, only 2,000.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    eV West Coast rotated two Klausen prints. There was enough stock to get one at the 3 shows I was at provided you were there on time (in some cases people reported they were still available when Ed took the stage). My advice, be there for Liam's set (which is amazing btw) and you'll get a poster. The hype on the West Coast tour was all about the zippos.
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    West Coast posters were made Brad Klausen.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. It sounds like I'll finally be able to get my ones on one (or two) of them. And yeah, I am not missing Finn's set!
    "uncanny and immutable"
  • Options
    gohikegohike Posts: 31
    gotcha wrote:
    Thanks for the info. It sounds like I'll finally be able to get my ones on one (or two) of them. And yeah, I am not missing Finn's set!

The Santa Cruz poster sold out about a 1/2 hour after they opened the doors, well before Liam took the stage.
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    West Coast Posters were all Brad Klausen. None by Ames. Kenyon, Endless Summer, and Blue EV. There were still posters at intermissions between Liam and EV...I hope the East Coast Leg is not just a color variation of the Blue EV with East Coast dates printed...
  • Options
    hopefully we will get a new design for the east coast posters.
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    yeah...im hoping for new shirts and posters....that would be sweet!
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    love brad's work on the west coast posters. i just received my s/n set last week from artillery! :)

300_1.jpg
    300_2.jpg
    300_3.jpg
  • Options
    TEEJAM11TEEJAM11 Posts: 335
    Let me tell you this wristband thing can be hell !!!!!!!!!
    MSG II was f....... craze they came out to a big crowd of people
    and started just handing them out to people in front and all down the side of this huge line. people pushing to get one. Then when they started to let people in what a mess everyone trying to get threw 20 peeps at a time pushing to one little whole in the gates. Then when you got in everyone was pushing to the stand trying to get a poster..... I'm done trying to get a poster at the show..
    I will wait for the ten club sale....
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    TEEJAM11 wrote:
    Let me tell you this wristband thing can be hell !!!!!!!!!
    MSG II was f....... craze they came out to a big crowd of people
    and started just handing them out to people in front and all down the side of this huge line. people pushing to get one. Then when they started to let people in what a mess everyone trying to get threw 20 peeps at a time pushing to one little whole in the gates. Then when you got in everyone was pushing to the stand trying to get a poster..... I'm done trying to get a poster at the show..
    I will wait for the ten club sale....

I think MSG was the only place that was a problem. I did not even try for a poster since I heard it was such a debacle. I can't figure out why they were sold outside of the venue. Everywhere else it was really easy.
    -
    I wouldn't mind some new stuff, I have a feeling it will be the same though. I would like to see the Blue EV poster done in a different color maybe.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I think MSG was the only place that was a problem. I did not even try for a poster since I heard it was such a debacle. I can't figure out why they were sold outside of the venue. Everywhere else it was really easy.
    -
    I wouldn't mind some new stuff, I have a feeling it will be the same though. I would like to see the Blue EV poster done in a different color maybe.

those MSG vendors were fucking shady! i was so pissed i didn't land a poster to commemorate my first MSG show. how the fuck do you sell out before the doors even open??!! fucking pricks!!(yeah i'm still bitter :))
  • Options
    TEEJAM11TEEJAM11 Posts: 335
    ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!
    I fought threw that line and just when I got up to the stand they sold the
    last one...... The shit head selling them was yelling at us........ what a mess.....
  • Options
    those MSG vendors were fucking shady! i was so pissed i didn't land a poster to commemorate my first MSG show. how the fuck do you sell out before the doors even open??!! fucking pricks!!(yeah i'm still bitter :))

That happens when there are people lining up hours before the doors open, just to get a wristband! I wandered by MSG early, just so I was sure I knew where it was, and there was a large lineup already at 4:30. There wasn't anything shady going on, just a lot of hardcore fans that apparently don't mind standing in one spot for hours to buy something. I don't have the attention span or patience to do that sorta thing.
    "uncanny and immutable"