Options

walking the cow

edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
edited July 2008 in The Porch
anyone have a version of this I can download/tell me where to get it?

thanks
"I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    Sorry, i can't help you find it, but just wanted to add that the version Ed did on his solo tour is absolutely stunning.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    Fatal wrote:
    Sorry, i can't help you find it, but just wanted to add that the version Ed did on his solo tour is absolutely stunning.

is it a cover? never heard it before except EV on youtube.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    check out gremmie.net!
  • Options
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    is it a cover? never heard it before except EV on youtube.

It's a cover, originally done by Daniel Johnston.

edit: and if you are planning on listening to the original, i would do a little reading up on his music first beforehand so you go in with an open mind... that's just my 2 cents though.
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    Yeah, go to the "ed vedder" category under b-sides on gremmie.net.

Daniel Johnston is an amazing songwriter, and he's been covered a lot recently. When I saw Beck a couple years ago the guy next to me yelled out for Speeding Motorcycle. Beck said he didn't know that one, so instead he played True Love Will Find You In the End.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    Yeah, go to the "ed vedder" category under b-sides on gremmie.net.

Daniel Johnston is an amazing songwriter, and he's been covered a lot recently. When I saw Beck a couple years ago the guy next to me yelled out for Speeding Motorcycle. Beck said he didn't know that one, so instead he played True Love Will Find You In the End.

I love Johnston but a lot of people can't get into him. It took me a few listens I guess... but his lyrics are really what stand out (I think)... the lyrics are raw and powerful and just amazing.
  • Options
    Richard Thompson is often credited for writing it. He didn't, it's just his version is fantastic... like everything he does.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,321
    This song has been playing on a loop on my head pretty much the whole time since the East Coast solo tour was announced.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    It's a cover, originally done by Daniel Johnston.

edit: and if you are planning on listening to the original, i would do a little reading up on his music first beforehand so you go in with an open mind... that's just my 2 cents though.

This is a must. After hearing Ed's beautiful version, i immediately set out to find the original. Needless to say, my reaction was a big WTF after i heard it...then i did a little research, watched The Devil and Daniel Johnston. At least now i can appreciate it, even if i still can't listen to it :-)
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.