Options

For those who plan on traveling to the EV solo shows...

pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I will speak on behalf of those of us in the local markets and ask this:

The cost of travel (especially air) is insane at this point. Please make sure you're going to make the trip before you impulse buy 10C tix. There ain't many and they will be gone in milliseconds...a bunch of us will be shut out and pissed. It'll be real frustrating to see people trying to transfer tix because they can't swing the trip.

Other than that, good luck next week to everyone!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    dude, weak
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Elderly ManElderly Man Posts: 235
    i'm buying a bunch to sell on ebay
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    Got it. Any other rules you're imposing for this tour?
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    all reasonable points, but you know what kind of reaction youre gonna get here. hopefully the few days in between give people time to plan properly.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,777
    pjl44 wrote:
    I will speak on behalf of those of us in the local markets and ask this:

The cost of travel (especially air) is insane at this point. Please make sure you're going to make the trip before you impulse buy 10C tix. There ain't many and they will be gone in milliseconds...a bunch of us will be shut out and pissed. It'll be real frustrating to see people trying to transfer tix because they can't swing the trip.

Other than that, good luck next week to everyone!

sorry, but anyone on the east coast already crying about how difficult it is...
    shhhhhhh
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    No one's crying or anything. All he's asking is for you guys to be sure of your trip before you buy tickets. Is that really such a problem?
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    tschav wrote:
    sorry, but anyone on the east coast already crying about how difficult it is...
    shhhhhhh
    no shit... east coasters will have an easier time than the midwest... you just got your PJ fix so now solo ed probably looks lame... were starved for anything PJ around here so these 2 shows are gonna sell out crazy fast IMO... plus well probably have to share with most of the midwest... i hope east coasters dont plan on following ed to every show and take midwest tickets... not being selfish... its just common sense... theres no reason to see more than one of these shows since the sets are so similar
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    _outlaw wrote:
    No one's crying or anything. All he's asking is for you guys to be sure of your trip before you buy tickets. Is that really such a problem?

In a free market economy it's every man for himself.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    dude, weak

Not really....

So many people were unable to attend the PJ shows... and unable to transfer their tix. With only about 125 pairs of 10c tix per Ed show it would be a CRAZY shame to see ANY of them go to waste!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Not really....

So many people were unable to attend the PJ shows... and unable to transfer their tix. With only about 125 pairs of 10c tix per Ed show it would be a CRAZY shame to see ANY of them go to waste!!!!!!!!

I understand what he was saying...I was just surprised he said it. I think anyone buying tickets knows the cost of travel. and I think a person who bought tickets and then couldn't attend would be too pissed off already to worry about pissing off someone else.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    In a free market economy it's every man for himself.

Thank you. People should just worry about getting their own tickets.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I agree with the OP.
    Please dont buy 10C tix if you are not SURE you can go.
    no matter where you are from.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Thank you. People should just worry about getting their own tickets.
    people need to stop using "its a free market" as an excuse for excess around here... its one thing with PJ shows cause theyre all so unique and there are tons of seats... these solo shows arent unique enough to warrent the same handful of people getting all the tickets while the younger or poorer fans that cant afford to travel everywhere cant enough get tickets to their hometown show... dont mean to keep butting heads with you particularly, rrivers, on this topic... i just dont get the reasoning of some people when it goes against courtesy towards fellow fans

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    people need to stop using "its a free market" as an excuse for excess around here... its one thing with PJ shows cause theyre all so unique and there are tons of seats... these solo shows arent unique enough to warrent the same handful of people getting all the tickets while the younger or poorer fans that cant afford to travel everywhere cant enough get tickets to their hometown show... dont mean to keep butting heads with you particularly, rrivers, on this topic... i just dont get the reasoning of some people when it goes against courtesy towards fellow fans

No problem, sgossard3. I just don't see a problem if someone wants to go to more than one show. If they are able to get the tickets, go for it. Just because they aren't unique enough for you, doesn't mean someone else might not mind seeing pretty much the same set.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Just because they aren't unique enough for you, doesn't mean someone else might not mind seeing pretty much the same set.
    thats not what im saying... id love to go to both chicagos and milwaukee and have the means to do so if i so choose... i just think ive been fortunate in the past with this band (the vic show, poster sales, etc) and i would rather share the wealth if i can... i know by me doing this it probably doesnt change anything cause theres still gonna be those that try for every show... but ill sleep better knowing i tried... and im hopefully encouraging people to do the same here on this board :D

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    thats not what im saying... id love to go to both chicagos and milwaukee and have the means to do so if i so choose... i just think ive been fortunate in the past with this band (the vic show, poster sales, etc) and i would rather share the wealth if i can... i know by me doing this it probably doesnt change anything cause theres still gonna be those that try for every show... but ill sleep better knowing i tried... and im hopefully encouraging people to do the same here on this board :D

Fair enough. Check your pms.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    I'm not begrudging anyone who wants to travel or go to multiple shows, so long as they're going to 'em. Over the last couple tours (EV or PJ) I just remember seeing a bunch of threads where people were bitching about not being able to transfer their 10C tickets. In most cases it was just poor planning or impulse buying.

My only point was a request for courtesy...kinda greedy to essentially reserve yourself a couple seats in case you can make it...
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Hey if you have the coin and the time, do the whole tour. Thats cool.
    But please dont buy 10C tix if you are not SURE you can go.

Otherwise its a wasted opportunity for someone who can.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    _outlaw wrote:
    Nothing wrong; he's making very valid points.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    crjb1978crjb1978 Posts: 54
    fuck off mid-west. this is a east coast tour. wait your turn and let us new yorkers enjoy the show.
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    crjb1978 wrote:
    fuck off mid-west. this is a east coast tour. wait your turn and let us new yorkers enjoy the show.

One of the reasons many mid-westerners have a problem with some east coast people. You own the east, or the 'mid-west,' chicago and wisconsin by chance?
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    I agree that it seemed as though there was a lot of 10c seats for the PJ tour not being used (as posted on the messageboard). They are non transferable, so if you can't go or aren't sure if you can go, don't purchase them. There aren't going to be many to go around & you essentially screwing another 10c member that would have loved the tickets. Ticketmaster whatever - just not the 10c
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    You Guys Better Look Out, Im The Fastest Clicker In The East
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    deek74deek74 Posts: 111
    I understand what he was saying...I was just surprised he said it. I think anyone buying tickets knows the cost of travel. and I think a person who bought tickets and then couldn't attend would be too pissed off already to worry about pissing off someone else.

I wouldn't say that. I remember reading threads of people who bought tickets for the east coast and then realized how expensive their plane tickets were.
    1996 Randals Island NY, Hartford 1998 Hartford, Mansfield I, Mansfield II 2000 Mansfield I, Mansfield II 2003 Mansfield I, Mansfield III 2004 Boston I, Boston II 2006 Boston I, Boston II 2008 Hartford, Boston I, Boston II, Eddie Vedder Boston II 2009 Philly III 2010 Boston 2011 Eddie Vedder Providence, Eddie Vedder Boston 2011 PJ20 I, PJ20 II 2013 Worcester I, Worcester II
  • Options
    crjb1978 wrote:
    no one wants your stupid fuckin NY shows... everyone of these shows will be identical so the chicago and milwaukee shows will be more than enough for us midwesterners... wait our turn? were the ones that have been waiting all summer and have to settle for 1/6 of PJ... typical east coast prick :rolleyes:

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    i'm buying a bunch to sell on ebay
    Eddie would not be proud of you, man. Sleezy!
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    sgossard3 wrote:

I think sgossard is the only one who's thinking realistically and decent here. Are the rest of all the 10c members really as greedy and excessive as you say on the board, because it's sickening. These are small shows, quit hoarding the few tickets and consuming as many shows as you can and start allowing those who may not be able to see ONE show, their chance.