Options

Share you ticket buying stories...

Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
edited May 2008 in The Porch
any funny stories about buying tickets for this June tour?
2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Other than hearing all of the northerners bitch at the southern fans for not selling out the shows, then watching them bitch about there not being enough tickets/tourist taking tickets to the northern shows...

not really.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    Other than hearing all of the northerners bitch at the southern fans for not selling out the shows, then watching them bitch about there not being enough tickets/tourist taking tickets to the northern shows...

not really.
    hahaha, no shit!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    lilreds9121lilreds9121 Posts: 128
    my only stories r sweating my ass of for like an hour trying to buy MSG tix and Philly 05 tix. also i almost bought borgata tix for 150 with a friend, bit i read on here that someone got screwed and they told their whole story and it was the same thing my friend was going to do. luckily we didnt get screwed over.
    "Somebody throw up a gun so I can shoot you all......Fuckers". Eddie
  • Options
    wickedmonkeyzwickedmonkeyz Posts: 489
    forgot that there was a cutoff for the fanclub sale...couldn't make up my mind about the columbia show...when I finally decided to go they were no longer available
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    tried for tix through 10c for both MSG shows. Both times got through to the part where you put in your cc# & the site froze & lost the tickets both times...

ended up with reg sale tickets for #2 - no luck for the first night.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    i got so frustrated with buying MSG 2 10c tickets that i threw a handful of whatever was next to me. turned out to be my mad season cd which broke in half. this story is not so much funny as it is.. sad.. :( i really hate 10c ticket clusterfucks.
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    got up at a stupid hour of the morning in sydney
    got both MSG shows with few problems! ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    1 funny thing kind of....

I saw hartford tickets on sale all day... felt bad that they weren't selling out so I bought a pair... lol.
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    in 2003 at the 7/2 mansfield show my dad, his friend and i were at the tweeter center when he realized that he lost the tickets. At the time they both worked for rolling stone magazine ( both quitting because everyone there were complete assholes) so they told the woman at the ticket both and came back with 6 row tickets!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
    I have a situation that sucks from this tour.

I bought tickets for 5 shows total....Camden I, MSG I&II, Hartford, Mass II.

So, Hartford and Mansfield II went on sale the same day. Hartford first, then Mansfield 2hrs later.
    I placed my order for Hartford, went through...no problem. Got the email saying the order was received and a confirmation number.
    Mansfield goes on sale...no problems....get tix.

I get an email several days later saying that Hartford show tix was not processed since the card was declined.

I emailed 10C right away trying to figure out what happened. There was NO WAY that the card could have been declined as I had a few thousand in that account. PLUS, Mansfield went on sale 2hrs later, and that got approved without any problems. I tried several times to get them to release 10C tickets for this mistake.....but had no luck. I have been a member of 10C for more than a decade so I was pretty upset about it.

So now, I will be going to Hartford with some friends but am stuck on Lawn seats when my 134xxx number seats are gone due to some mistake with the processing of the order.

But the way I see it, I have been to so many PJ shows in great seats...that if I have to sit on the lawn, drinking a beer, and someone else got to move up...its quite ok with me!
    ...44 shows...and counting....
  • Options
    yakko69 wrote:

So, Hartford and Mansfield II went on sale the same day. Hartford first, then Mansfield 2hrs later.
    I placed my order for Hartford, went through...no problem. Got the email saying the order was received and a confirmation number.

I get an email several days later saying that Hartford show tix was not processed since the card was declined.

I emailed 10C right away trying to figure out what happened. There was NO WAY that the card could have been declined as I had a few thousand in that account. PLUS, Mansfield went on sale 2hrs later, and that got approved without any problems. I tried several times to get them to release 10C tickets for this mistake.....but had no luck. I have been a member of 10C for more than a decade so I was pretty upset about it.

So now, I will be going to Hartford with some friends but am stuck on Lawn seats when my 134xxx number seats are gone due to some mistake with the processing of the order.

But the way I see it, I have been to so many PJ shows in great seats...that if I have to sit on the lawn, drinking a beer, and someone else got to move up...its quite ok with me!

That pretty much fucking sucks. Did you ever figure out what happened? Wrong exp date or security code?
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    would have been nice if they would have contacted you to verify before they cancelled the tickets. That happened to me once - typed in the wrong billing address, but TM called to verify the info and put them through when everything checked out.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    yakko69 wrote:

Always a huge fear of mine - I typically don't like storing my ccard info on websites, but I would do it for this site so I didn't panic everytime I enter my cc info checking out. Used to have faith that the item would stay in my cart and I could take my time, but after the EV solo ticket buying fiasco that went on around here, I try and get in and out pretty lickidy split
  • Options
    yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
    That pretty much fucking sucks. Did you ever figure out what happened? Wrong exp date or security code?

Nope, they dont store records of what happened. They said the card was rejected but I made sure to have more than sufficient funds in the account. It could have been a typo error on my behalf, of an error on theirs. No way to tell.
    ...44 shows...and counting....