Options

Anybody else potentially shut out of their hometown PJ show this tour?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Evolver wrote:
    Whatever people, that's fine, hopefully you've all had your fun typing away your little comments about me on your little computers on this fun little forum, whatever makes you feel good about yourselves, and you can all have your GD opinions of me, no problem. And excuse me for being *a little* frustrated at having a hard ass time finding tickets to the one and only show I can attend, in my local venue...if any of you wouldn't feel similarly, then I don't know who the exactly you're kidding. But I know, everyone is so quick to say I either 1) better than everyone else because I think lawn sucks, or 2) that I'm entitled...don' think I ever stated either one, but that's fine. What I will say is that I when I set my mind to something I become very determined, and I DO NOT SETTLE under any circumstances. And to answer everyone's question, if it means not going, then ultimately I am willing to accept that.

Ultimately if you really want something in this world, money is all that talks, so StubHub will be getting a visit from me and my platinum visa. See you at the show, and enjoy staying overnight in the ghetto of Hartford!

PS - don't forget to pack the kevlar vest!

Actually responding to your somewhat whiney and a little self absorbed post was the absoloute worst part of my day. :-)

Come on! I said venting was fine but you come off (even more so in this one) as a big time douche. The "I refuse to sit on the lawn" comment actually makes you sound like a grade A ASSHOLE.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Evolver wrote:
    Oh well, it's all good, I'll probably have to face the inevitable and pony up many hundreds of dollars on StubHub in the next few weeks. I will be painful, but hopefully the show will be an all-time classic and help dull the pain of debt!

I agree with you in that I would never sit on the lawn for any show, nor will I go to a GA show (unless its like 500 people), too much of a hassle to have a good time. Too many people are rude and have no respect. So I hear ya on that.

I went to hartford last time and there were a lot of folks selling tix at the venue. But if your like me, I wont go without a ticket in advance.
  • Options
    Actually responding to your somewhat whiney and a little self absorbed post was the absoloute worst part of my day. :-)

Come on! I said venting was fine but you come off (even more so in this one) as a big time douche. The "I refuse to sit on the lawn" comment actually makes you sound like a grade A ASSHOLE.

Why? The lawn sucks. You cant see the band and its a free for all.

I wont sit there either and would rather not go. For any show. Its not fun for me, and its really that simple. Has nothing to do with being selfish or lame.

EDIT: I too am not in favor of a hometown show idea, the 10c has enough friggin problems getting it right as it is.
  • Options
    Evolver wrote:
    Whatever people, that's fine, hopefully you've all had your fun typing away your little comments about me on your little computers on this fun little forum, whatever makes you feel good about yourselves, and you can all have your GD opinions of me, no problem. And excuse me for being *a little* frustrated at having a hard ass time finding tickets to the one and only show I can attend, in my local venue...if any of you wouldn't feel similarly, then I don't know who the exactly you're kidding. But I know, everyone is so quick to say I either 1) better than everyone else because I think lawn sucks, or 2) that I'm entitled...don' think I ever stated either one, but that's fine. What I will say is that I when I set my mind to something I become very determined, and I DO NOT SETTLE under any circumstances. And to answer everyone's question, if it means not going, then ultimately I am willing to accept that.

Ultimately if you really want something in this world, money is all that talks, so StubHub will be getting a visit from me and my platinum visa. See you at the show, and enjoy staying overnight in the ghetto of Hartford!

Well, I hope your non-settling ass enjoys paying big bucks to hear the same music that the rest of us will be hearing that night. :)
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    Evolver wrote:

so i take it you won't be making the pre parties at the local pubs with all of us from here :eek:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    Wow actually this is turning into a good time in and of itself, watching you all get all pissed off and bent out of shape! Good times, guys, thanks! "Self absorbed", "grade A ASSHOLE", fantastic! I'm sure you can do better though, come on! Keep em coming, this is fun! I wonder what else I can say to get all your little internet panties in a bunch?....
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Evolver wrote:

Oh, so lawn seats and a gold Visa just aren't good enough for ya?
    :)

(But I do agree.....I'd rather skip some shows then have to be far back/deal with GA crowds)
  • Options
    Evolver wrote:
    Wow actually this is turning into a good time in and of itself, watching you all get all pissed off and bent out of shape! Good times, guys, thanks! "Self absorbed", "grade A ASSHOLE", fantastic! I'm sure you can do better though, come on! Keep em coming, this is fun! I wonder what else I can say to get all your little internet panties in a bunch?....

not everyone is pissed off, some of us were trying to help you by offering ideas for tickets.

I've got my own ten club problems at the moment but I'm not taking it out on anyone else!
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    Evolver wrote:

you are bitching about not getting good seats, which is your own fault because they were up on sale thru 10c for hours, to a show that isnt sold out. I might give you a pass if you were talking about MSG but you had a shot for good seats and you dropped the ball. Dont act like you never had a chance. Grab a lawn ticket go to the show try outside and see if someone has a seat, if not see the show. Problem solved.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    Evolver wrote:

congrats, you have just completely alienated yourself

too bad, because this is the best place to score an extra 10c ticket

not too bright.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    congrats, you have just completely alienated yourself

too bad, because this is the best place to score an extra 10c ticket

not too bright.

That's fine, as it was not just one ticket I was after, but a pair, which would obviously be quite hard to come by. And I generally would not expect a 10C member to part with a complete pair, even though I am fully willing to pay 3-5X the base ticket price to make it worth someones trouble. But again, no problem.
  • Options
    jackwvuujackwvuu Posts: 42
    for the first time, thanx to 10c, i won't be shut out of my home shows, camden. Missed out on borgata in 05, camden 1 in 06. So depressing. Now I'm so excited!
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    you are bitching about not getting good seats, which is your own fault because they were up on sale thru 10c for hours, to a show that isnt sold out. I might give you a pass if you were talking about MSG but you had a shot for good seats and you dropped the ball. Dont act like you never had a chance. Grab a lawn ticket go to the show try outside and see if someone has a seat, if not see the show. Problem solved.

And by the way, I thought I explained that *I* did not drop the ball, I was actually traveling and had zero net access. I left my friend to handle it, but apparently and unfortunately his internet access was acting up that day. So, feel free to take back the "that was your fault" bullshit. And I WILL act like I never had a chance, because, gee, whattya know, I DIDN'T. I love how much you all (or at least many of you) love to jump all over someone while you assume you know all the facts. Goddamn.
  • Options
    EagleEarEagleEar Posts: 31
    Evolver wrote:
    And by the way, I thought I explained that *I* did not drop the ball, I was actually traveling and had zero net access. I left my friend to handle it, but apparently and unfortunately his internet access was acting up that day. So, feel free to take back the "that was your fault" bullshit. And I WILL act like I never had a chance, because, gee, whattya know, I DIDN'T. I love how much you all (or at least many of you) love to jump all over someone while you assume you know all the facts. Goddamn.

Dear Victim,

You made a choice that left you no chance. You were traveling. You could have chose otherwise.

Lots of whiners around here.
    Got an army, fact I got two. That's ok man, cause I love money!
  • Options
    Sure wish I had the chance to be shut out of my hometown (Seattle) PJ show this tour. :)