Options

Anybody else potentially shut out of their hometown PJ show this tour?

EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Unless I can come up with the 800 bucks to buy a pair of tickets in decent seats (as I refuse to do lawn in Hartford - if you've been there, you can understand why) I don't think I'll be making it to a show this tour. But that's fine, I don't mind sitting at home right down the road from the show while scores of people from out of town are taking in the show in my home venue. It's all good, I've got CD's, it will be just as good as being there.

Yeah, I'm a little bitter.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    by the way, if you know anyone, I'd be willing to pay 4-5X face value for a pair of tickets in mid to lower pavilion...I'm becoming a little desperate at this point.
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    So far no dice for MSG for me... still have Friday, though.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    sit in the fuckin lawn or don't complain. the show is not sold out. wah wah wah the lawn sucks there! shut up and go to the show man. you'll have a better time for 50 bucks in the lawn than sitting on your couch being bitter trust me.
  • Options
    snipes824 wrote:
    sit in the fuckin lawn or don't complain. the show is not sold out. wah wah wah the lawn sucks there! shut up and go to the show man. you'll have a better time for 50 bucks in the lawn than sitting on your couch being bitter trust me.

First off, don't tell me to shut up. Show some respect on here.

If you have 1) ever been to the lawn in Hartford for a show, and 2) are a self respecting mature individual (not white trash or a teenager), you would know why the lawn in Hartford sucks. Piss running down the hill from the fence area really doesn't do it for me - trust ME.
  • Options
    Evolver wrote:
    First off, don't tell me to shut up. Show some respect on here.

If you have 1) ever been to the lawn in Hartford for a show, and 2) are a self respecting mature individual (not white trash or a teenager), you would know why the lawn in Hartford sucks. Piss running down the hill from the fence area really doesn't do it for me - trust ME.
    i don't show respect to people who are "too good" for the lawn. in another thread you are saying you won't do anything less than mid to lower pavillion. dude, yeah it would be better to sit there but i've had friends (not white trash or teenagers) who had a great time on the hartford lawn in '06. you'd rather be bitter and sit at home if you can't be in the first 20 rows?
  • Options
    snipes824 wrote:
    i don't show respect to people who are "too good" for the lawn. in another thread you are saying you won't do anything less than mid to lower pavillion. dude, yeah it would be better to sit there but i've had friends (not white trash or teenagers) who had a great time on the hartford lawn in '06. you'd rather be bitter and sit at home if you can't be in the first 20 rows?

I never said I was too good for the lawn, just too good for piss, spilled beer, weed, and dumb teenage kids everywhere I turn. If you are down with that stuff, more power to you, no argument here. Can you honestly blame me for that? I work at a major university and have to deal with idiots everyday, no way I'm being around that at a show.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Why were you shut out? Were you not able to be at a computer during the 10C sale for Hartford?

Yeah unfortunately I was traveling at the time, nothing I could do about it. Asked a friend to cover for me and get them but he dropped the ball on that one...good ol' pal of mine.
  • Options
    AddictedAddicted Posts: 124
    If you refuse to go to a Pearl Jam show b/c of the location in the venue you will be seated then you need to turn in your man card and punch self in face. We all want front row and do our best to get good seats, but if it came down to it i would sit in the batroom if that was my only option.
    hold on to the thread
    the currents will shift
  • Options
    Evolver wrote:
    I never said I was too good for the lawn, just too good for piss, spilled beer, weed, and dumb teenage kids everywhere I turn. If you are down with that stuff, more power to you, no argument here. Can you honestly blame me for that? I work at a major university and have to deal with idiots everyday, no way I'm being around that at a show.
    all i'm saying is that people will "actually" be shut out of MSG tickets. it might be me, too. that show will have no seats available to anyone. if on friday i pull up a seat in the last row in the 400's behind the stage i'm gonna buy and be friggin happy im in the building to see pearl jam my favorite band. it sounds like you will only see them if the setting is perfectly to your liking. PJ is a popular band. you might need to make some sacrifices (like sitting in the lawn). if you REALLY want to see them you can make that sacrifice. if it has to be perfect for you, then yeah, you might be shut out unless you luck out and someone gives you their extra.

i'm sorry if i offended you. i just read way too many complains on here.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    That sucks. The Hartford tickets were easy to come by too (after a brief little site crash), so your friend wouldn't have had problems getting them ... if he remembered. :(

I am sure that plenty of tickets will surface on the Pit over the next few weeks. But it seems as though the 10C is not allowing transfers this tour, which will make life difficult.

Oh well, it's all good, I'll probably have to face the inevitable and pony up many hundreds of dollars on StubHub in the next few weeks. I will be painful, but hopefully the show will be an all-time classic and help dull the pain of debt!
  • Options
    or you could post in this thread to see if a kind soul has an extra 10c seat

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=278144
  • Options
    snipes824 wrote:
    all i'm saying is that people will "actually" be shut out of MSG tickets. it might be me, too. that show will have no seats available to anyone. if on friday i pull up a seat in the last row in the 400's behind the stage i'm gonna buy and be friggin happy im in the building to see pearl jam my favorite band.

Too friggin right! I honestly don't care where I sit, so long as I'm there.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    you'll get in if you want to... no worries

I snagged a 6th row wing seat in front of Mike for Ottawa right before I left Montreal the day of the show

and for Jersey II two years ago someone on the board couldn't go last minute so I met up with her a few hours before the show started and managed bought her ticket

there is always a way...ticket drops, kind people on the pit, etc...

You will be there!
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    Cheers :) I know, something will come up, I've just been a little consumed with this all day :|

I bought awesome seats the day of for 2 Toronto shows (when TM released more tix) and they were 100 level and fantastic. I'll just keep stalking the pit ;)
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Nope! I'm actually going to your home town :)
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    bovy_j wrote:
    Nope! I'm actually going to your home town :)
    hahah so am i ...
    sorry to hear you didnt get tickets, though i hear hartford was sorta easy.
    i was travelling too at the time, for all the shows. luckily i got good friends!

where there's a will there's a way... and i mean, with pearl jam anything can be done! lawn cant be... worse than not seeing pearl jam, can it?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Evolver wrote:
    Yeah unfortunately I was traveling at the time, nothing I could do about it. Asked a friend to cover for me and get them but he dropped the ball on that one...good ol' pal of mine.

I'd hardly say you were "shut out." Seriously, if it was really that important to you, you should have picked a friend who wouldn't "drop the ball." There were tickets avail. for that show through the club for hours, I'm sure you coulda found a way. & As others said, everyone wants to be close, but any fan who would rather miss a show than sit on the lawn, in the back, wherever, obviously can't want to go that bad.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I'd hardly say you were "shut out." Seriously, if it was really that important to you, you should have picked a friend who wouldn't "drop the ball." There were tickets avail. for that show through the club for hours, I'm sure you coulda found a way. & As others said, everyone wants to be close, but any fan who would rather miss a show than sit on the lawn, in the back, wherever, obviously can't want to go that bad.

I have to agree with you on that my friend, my ex-BF dropped the ball with getting tickets on 2000 for West Palm Beach and since I had already used my 10C for Jones Beach I had to stand on the lawn 4 months pregnant that night and let me tell you that was definately better than staying home and be bitter about being shut out of tix.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Evolver wrote:
    Unless I can come up with the 800 bucks to buy a pair of tickets in decent seats (as I refuse to do lawn in Hartford - if you've been there, you can understand why) I don't think I'll be making it to a show this tour. But that's fine, I don't mind sitting at home right down the road from the show while scores of people from out of town are taking in the show in my home venue. It's all good, I've got CD's, it will be just as good as being there.

pj sells tix the day of the show, i mean its not guaranteed, but it has always worked for me
    vegas 2000, we upgraded, cincy, camdens
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    this "hometown show" thing is getting old. just because you live in the city where the show happens to be does NOT make you more entitled to tickets than someone who lives in a city where they never play.
  • Options
    mensane wrote:
    this "hometown show" thing is getting old. just because you live in the city where the show happens to be does NOT make you more entitled to tickets than someone who lives in a city where they never play.

Agreed. It stinks they missed out on a show they wanted to see and I have no problem with people venting but any kind of feelings of entitlment when it comes to concerts or anything in general is kind of lame and selfish.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Evolver wrote:

For god's sake, get a lawn seat and have a good time. I've been on the lawn there, it's fine. Just go for the music.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Evolver wrote:

the out of the continent people that were talking about offering you tickets to that show are considering if based on that comment and thread, they wouldn't be better off finding a more friendly home for them...

and the tickets won't likely be lower-to-mid pavillion anyway on a 300+, so not good enough for you :rolleyes:
  • Options
    The show is over 2 months away. You will get a ticket, and probably better than lawn. one thing to remember is, there are *always* tickets. there's day of ticketmaster tickets, fan club members selling spares for face in the parking lot, people selling them on craigslist the day of or on here. just keep looking. I've never not been able to go to a sold out show I wanted to go to. Hell, even U2 in boston a few years ago-tickets were on craigslist for over $1000-I thought there was no chance of going and the week before some friend of a friend couldn't go and I got one for face. hell a fellow fan once *gave* me a floor seat ticket the night before the show. I had just met him.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    the out of the continent people that were talking about offering you tickets to that show are considering if based on that comment and thread, they wouldn't be better off finding a more friendly home for them...

and the tickets won't likely be lower-to-mid pavillion anyway on a 300+, so not good enough for you :rolleyes:
    agreed... perhaps befriending some of the outta towners is a better use of time than making it look like we dont have a right for tickets...

and i dont get it, why is the lawn so bad?? ive had my 'bad' show experience, i dont think anything will top that... being crushed and nearly trampled by crazy polish linkin park fans cant be worse than the lawn... or can it ? :eek:
  • Options
    Whatever people, that's fine, hopefully you've all had your fun typing away your little comments about me on your little computers on this fun little forum, whatever makes you feel good about yourselves, and you can all have your GD opinions of me, no problem. And excuse me for being *a little* frustrated at having a hard ass time finding tickets to the one and only show I can attend, in my local venue...if any of you wouldn't feel similarly, then I don't know who the exactly you're kidding. But I know, everyone is so quick to say I either 1) better than everyone else because I think lawn sucks, or 2) that I'm entitled...don' think I ever stated either one, but that's fine. What I will say is that I when I set my mind to something I become very determined, and I DO NOT SETTLE under any circumstances. And to answer everyone's question, if it means not going, then ultimately I am willing to accept that.

Ultimately if you really want something in this world, money is all that talks, so StubHub will be getting a visit from me and my platinum visa. See you at the show, and enjoy staying overnight in the ghetto of Hartford!

PS - don't forget to pack the kevlar vest!
  • Options
    Agreed. It stinks they missed out on a show they wanted to see and I have no problem with people venting but any kind of feelings of entitlment when it comes to concerts or anything in general is kind of lame and selfish.

Yup, gotta agree. If you follow that logic, then only people that live in NY can go to MSG. What about me, living here in the UK in the arse end of nowhere?? I've been a fan of Pearl Jam for many years (even though I don't have a low 10c membership number to prove it - shame on me!) - don't I deserve a chance to see them just once? I've booked flights and hotel and don't have tickets yet. I'm not made of money, but I'm determined to get in somehow!!

Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets tomorrow - home town show or not. I'm hoping all the disappointed posts will be replaced with relieved ones.
    "If there's a sound you play that doesn't fit today,
    why not just play the b'stard anyway?"
    The Wildhearts
  • Options
    Evolver wrote:
    Whatever people, that's fine, hopefully you've all had your fun typing away your little comments about me on your little computers on this fun little forum, whatever makes you feel good about yourselves, and you can all have your GD opinions of me, no problem. And excuse me for being *a little* frustrated at having a hard ass time finding tickets to the one and only show I can attend, in my local venue...if any of you wouldn't feel similarly, then I don't know who the exactly you're kidding. But I know, everyone is so quick to say I either 1) better than everyone else because I think lawn sucks, or 2) that I'm entitled...don' think I ever stated either one, but that's fine. What I will say is that I when I set my mind to something I become very determined, and I DO NOT SETTLE under any circumstances. And to answer everyone's question, if it means not going, then ultimately I am willing to accept that.

Ultimately if you really want something in this world, money is all that talks, so StubHub will be getting a visit from me and my platinum visa. See you at the show, and enjoy staying overnight in the ghetto of Hartford!

my question about the lawn wasn't rhetorical... im still wondering, what IS wrong with the lawn? im curious!!
  • Options
    Evolver wrote:

Dude..

A- if you set your mind to something and were very determined, you would have gotten tickets in the 10C presale. I forgot the tickets even went on sale and managed to get a pair 25 minutes after the sale started.

B- You are not having a hard ass time finding tickets. You are having a hard ass time finding great seats. Guess what? it happens.

C- THIS SHOW IS NOT SOLD OUT. Beggars cant be choosers.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Dude..

A- if you set your mind to something and were very determined, you would have gotten tickets in the 10C presale. I forgot the tickets even went on sale and managed to get a pair 25 minutes after the sale started.

B- You are not having a hard ass time finding tickets. You are having a hard ass time finding great seats. Guess what? it happens.

C- THIS SHOW IS NOT SOLD OUT. Beggars cant be choosers.

Amen :D