Options

MSG #1......Behind the stage

Comments

• Options
    MahoneMahone Posts: 62
    I sat front row behind the stage at the Fleet Center.... Ed waved to me....

not a bad way to spend the evening, looking at Ed's ass.

First, you have the greatest name ever.

second, I saw them at Fleet in 06 in the upper decks behind the stage, and I will never sit behind the stage again. I couldn't hear shit and missed all the crowd banter.
    4.6.94 Springfield 4.12.94 Boston III (Orpheum) 10.2.96 Hartford 9.16.98 Mansfield II 8.29.00 Mansfield I 7.11.03 Mansfield III 9.29.04 Boston II 5.24.06 Boston I 6.30.08 Mansfield II
  • Options
    Harryj40Harryj40 Posts: 53
    Mahone wrote:
    First, you have the greatest name ever.

second, I saw them at Fleet in 06 in the upper decks behind the stage, and I will never sit behind the stage again. I couldn't hear shit and missed all the crowd banter.
    It was either behind the stage or stay home.....i'm in the door at the Garden to see my favorite band.......im gonna have a great time regardless !!
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    But the Garden is somewhat equipped to accommodate people behind the stage. I believe they have some speaker stacks facing that way and I've seen pics of other artists' shows where there were monitors facing that way also (although this night not be the case for Pearl Jam).
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    harry, you will have a GREAT time! jams and i were rear stage night 2 in boston 2004. we were the second row dead center...and what a BLAST! the *energy* from the crowd...AMAZING! also, got matt's setlist from the night...and sure.....ed played directly to *us* more than once. ;) no, i'd not want it every show....but sure......WAY better than being sooooo FAR way with a front view. i'd not trade that night, at all. :)

enjoy and look forward to seeing/meeting you again in NYC baby! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    harry, you will have a GREAT time! jams and i were rear stage night 2 in boston 2004. we were the second row dead center...and what a BLAST! the *energy* from the crowd...AMAZING! also, got matt's setlist from the night...and sure.....ed played directly to *us* more than once. ;) no, i'd not want it every show....but sure......WAY better than being sooooo FAR way with a front view. i'd not trade that night, at all. :)

enjoy and look forward to seeing/meeting you again in NYC baby! :cool:
    You going to MSG night 1 too??? Lets meet up !!! Write me !!!
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Harryj40 wrote:
    I'm in section 218 row A ........to all you fans out there behind the stage with me lets party like hell and have a great time !! Lets get rowdy and let the band know we are there !!

Get ready for Last Kiss
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Get ready for Last Kiss
    People keep saying this like it's gonna upset me and ruin it for me ..... im in the door at the Garden .......nothing is ruining it for me.....period
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Harryj40 wrote:
    People keep saying this like it's gonna upset me and ruin it for me ..... im in the door at the Garden .......nothing is ruining it for me.....period

that IS a very valid point!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    that IS a very valid point!!
    First Kiss/Last Kiss/Any Kiss ......i'm still having a blast !!
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    MahoneMahone Posts: 62
    MattyJoe wrote:
    But the Garden is somewhat equipped to accommodate people behind the stage. I believe they have some speaker stacks facing that way and I've seen pics of other artists' shows where there were monitors facing that way also (although this night not be the case for Pearl Jam).

There were speakers facing that way, just not very many and the echo back was killing it. Not to say I didn't have a good time, I was just really disappointed that it wasn't as good as I hoped. I just saw the Foo Fighters a several weeks ago and sat in an area where sound was affected by the upper decks, I couldn't hear shit. I honestly had a telephone conversation during against me. You'll have a good time, you always do, but nothing like being around front.
    4.6.94 Springfield 4.12.94 Boston III (Orpheum) 10.2.96 Hartford 9.16.98 Mansfield II 8.29.00 Mansfield I 7.11.03 Mansfield III 9.29.04 Boston II 5.24.06 Boston I 6.30.08 Mansfield II
  • Options
    TEEJAM11TEEJAM11 Posts: 335
    Oxxys wrote:
    of course he will turn around and give you guys a show too, he did it in Albany

I think MIke was standing on a amp killing the guitar

he did this both nights in the LA forum.
  • Options
    rhinosaurrhinosaur Posts: 51
    Harryj40 wrote:
    You are right there at the stage !! Enjoy !!

I also got two tickets for that section!!

I was bummed after having missed out on the 10C and Ticketbastard pre-sales, but in the end I think it turned out okay.
  • Options
    rhinosaur wrote:
    I also got two tickets for that section!!

I was bummed after having missed out on the 10C and Ticketbastard pre-sales, but in the end I think it turned out okay.
    It's gonna be great no matter where you are in there !!
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    speakers and monitors are all good behind stage and side stage- actaully, the sounds is way better there than in like 130 or 96 all the way across the garden

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    If anyone doesn't like the idea of being behind the stage I've got 2 together for MSG nt 1 in section 202 row B that I'd love to trade for somewhere around the 215 section or nearabouts i.e. anywhere in the 200 teens.

PM me.

Sorry, not interested in 300 or 400 levels and trade only. We're taking my daughter and her fiance and I'd like them to sit closer to us (we're in 215).

Peace,
    KJ
  • Options
    kj1nyr wrote:
    If anyone doesn't like the idea of being behind the stage I've got 2 together for MSG nt 1 in section 202 row B that I'd love to trade for somewhere around the 215 section or nearabouts i.e. anywhere in the 200 teens.

PM me.

Sorry, not interested in 300 or 400 levels and trade only. We're taking my daughter and her fiance and I'd like them to sit closer to us (we're in 215).

Peace,
    KJ
    Hmmmmmm ... is 218 close enough ??
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Harryj40 wrote:
    Hmmmmmm ... is 218 close enough ??

PM sent.
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Just tell everyone you got "back stage" for MSG1. You'll be the envy of New York to California.
    Just me
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    Just tell everyone you got "back stage" for MSG1. You'll be the envy of New York to California.
    LMAO ......
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    I'm behind the stage both nights in 316 + 328, atleast I got tickets. ticketbastard sucks
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    speakers and monitors are all good behind stage and side stage- actaully, the sounds is way better there than in like 130 or 96 all the way across the garden

That's great to hear ;)
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    I'm behind the stage both nights in 316 + 328, atleast I got tickets. ticketbastard sucks

Mine are similar to yours.

315 & 324 but as you said.... at least we got tickets.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Mine are similar to yours.

315 & 324 but as you said.... at least we got tickets.
    If you look at the gardens seating chart most of the 400 section is behind the stage......i always wondered why......anyway we certainly wont be alone back there..... there are a ton of seats behind the stage
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Harryj40 wrote:
    If you look at the gardens seating chart most of the 400 section is behind the stage......i always wondered why......anyway we certainly wont be alone back there..... there are a ton of seats behind the stage
    Anyone else notice this?
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    I got tix in secion 213/ row B for MSG1 - so exicted to even have gotten them since I didn't fare well in the 10C pre-sale!! We'll be rocking out!!

For MSG 2 I was only able to get 1 ticket in section 131 row B. I'll be rocking out myself that night!! Hopefully there will be some 10C folks nearby!
  • Options
    I got tix in secion 213/ row B for MSG1 - so exicted to even have gotten them since I didn't fare well in the 10C pre-sale!! We'll be rocking out!!

For MSG 2 I was only able to get 1 ticket in section 131 row B. I'll be rocking out myself that night!! Hopefully there will be some 10C folks nearby!
    Ill be back there rocking out too !!
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    The more i think about it the more i wish i wasn't behind the stage.......i've been trying to convince myself it will be fine .........im in the door ......etc..... but i never sat "behind" the stage .....ever......so im a bit worried it will suck back there.
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Harryj40 wrote:
    The more i think about it the more i wish i wasn't behind the stage.......i've been trying to convince myself it will be fine .........im in the door ......etc..... but i never sat "behind" the stage .....ever......so im a bit worried it will suck back there.

My trade offer for section 202 is still open if you're interested. :)

Peace,
    KJ
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

I disagree with that. The best sound in the arena is strait across from the stage-its designed that way-there is a reason the sound board is towards the rear of the floor-best place to check the sound levels and get the mix right.

Behind the stage is fun IF you are close to the stage. 400s at MSG are rough, no matter where you are. Its far and there is a lot of background noice up there.

You guys all have a great attitude about it! So have a fucking good time seeing the best band on the planet!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    kj1nyr wrote:

PM me.

Peace,
    KJ

I really hope someone has taken you up on this

202 is a GREAT seat