Options

MSG #1......Behind the stage

Harryj40Harryj40 Posts: 53
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I'm in section 218 row A ........to all you fans out there behind the stage with me lets party like hell and have a great time !! Lets get rowdy and let the band know we are there !!
"I know I was born
and I know that i'll die
the in between is mine
I am mine"
E.V. Pearl Jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TEEJAM11TEEJAM11 Posts: 335
    sounds good to me man.
    I just got tics behind the stage, but im in MSG1
  • Options
    Depending on the venue, some of the "behind the stage" tickets are actually beside the stage. I had those tickets in Toronto one year and they were great! Mike's side looking straight at him and Jeff about 10 rows up!

Enjoy!
    "Shoe the Shoeless!"
  • Options
    TEEJAM11 wrote:
    sounds good to me man.
    I just got tics behind the stage, but im in MSG1
    I'm MSG 1 also ........look at the thread title........lol
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    Harryj40 wrote:
    I'm in section 218 row A ........to all you fans out there behind the stage with me lets party like hell and have a great time !! Lets get rowdy and let the band know we are there !!

ahhh....in the general area of the infamous "Play Leash You Pussies" banner. To fuck with the band...maybe a "Only Pussies Play Leash" banner.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    PJ10EddiePJ10Eddie Posts: 17
    I sat behind the stage in the second level for night 1 at MSG in 1998 and it was a GREAT time! Sound was very good and Ed always plays to the crowd in those seats. You'll get at least one song with Ed facing you.
    9/28/96 9/29/96 6/14/98 8/28/98 8/29/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 9/18/98 9/19/98 6/19/99 8/03/00 8/04/00 8/06/00 8/27/00 9/01/00 9/02/00 4/28/03 5/03/03
    7/05/03 7/06/03 10/1/04 9/30/05 10/1/05 10/3/05
    5/27/06 5/28/06
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    I sat front row behind the stage at the Fleet Center.... Ed waved to me....

not a bad way to spend the evening, looking at Ed's ass.
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Ha, I sat back there kind of behind Jeff/Mike's side at the LAST MSG #1. It was kind of cool to watch the band, the crowd, the celebs on the side, etc. I wouldn't sit behind the stage for every show, but it's kind of cool once. I still can't see myself on LATG dvd though...
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Anyone been in the 400s directly behind the stage (416, 415, 414, etc...)? That's what I've got for 6/25. It looks bad on that virtual Garden thing. How is it?
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    of course he will turn around and give you guys a show too, he did it in Albany

I think MIke was standing on a amp killing the guitar
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    i think it'd be rather interesting to see the crowd and everything from there... and you got good chances of getting a tambo too!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I always love it when I see posts like this. It's all about being there and hearing the music. Who cares where you are sitting...

Absolutely. I'm behind the stage as well for both nights, and I'm thrilled to be a part of something so huge
  • Options
    crjb1978crjb1978 Posts: 54
    behind the stage are good seats. if something obstructs your view, you can talk to a manager and get better seats. I do it all the time. ed pays more attention to the fans in the back anyway.
  • Options
    My college roomate and I (both 10c members) will be in section 216 for night one behind the stage. We plan on going nuts the whole night. Hope to meet other 10c members there.
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • Options
    My college roomate and I (both 10c members) will be in section 216 for night one behind the stage. We plan on going nuts the whole night. Hope to meet other 10c members there.
    AWESOME !
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    ...50 million hands upraised and open toward the sky

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/wickedmonkeyz/IMG_0693.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/wickedmonkeyz/IMG_0794.jpg

just wait til the guitar solo during alive...when everyone is throwing their fists...it's something else to see from the back, you've got the whole arena, seeing the energy the band feeds off of...everybody should sit in the back at least once to see this

anyway...I think I'm jealous
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    Sat there for The Police last summer and was absolutely, positively blown away by how close I was to the stage (right up Stewart Copeland's ass). I would totally shit myself if I got to watch PJ from that proximity at The Garden . You are going to have a mind numbing experience my friend. If I were you I would bring an extra set of shorts!
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    I tried to explain...

http://www.facebook.com/theendlessproof
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424

just wait til the guitar solo during alive...when everyone is throwing their fists...it's something else to see from the back, you've got the whole arena, seeing the energy the band feeds off of...everybody should sit in the back at least once to see this

That's awesome. Any idea how it will be up in the 400s directly behind the stage? Will all the rigging block everything?
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    That's awesome. Any idea how it will be up in the 400s directly behind the stage? Will all the rigging block everything?

not too sure about the rigging...I had first row above the tunnel for that show (Jersey II 06)...but will every seat being sold for the arena I would imagine it will be as open as possible

I haven't been to the garden in years so I'm not sure about the 400's...most arenas stop at 300...ha ha

maybe one of the locals can help with that

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    I tried to explain...

http://www.facebook.com/theendlessproof
  • Options

the only time it blows to have 10club seats

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955

its true! i haven't seen it since i watched it from the balcony in 05... simply amazing!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    enjoy last kiss!
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    We're in 112 for MSG I, and I'm really excited for it. Looks like we're really close to the stage.

We're gonna go nuts, so it'll look better if people around join us!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options

Thank You for these amazing pics !!
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Vedder316Vedder316 Posts: 205
    My wife and I got section 116 and 406. Dont really care where we are just as long as we are in the building listening to one great band. Spending the week in NY city, first time we have visited. Its going to be our 1 last time to be crazy before we grow up and start a family.
    Many many wonderful shows, since day one.
    Love ya Punkinfur
  • Options
    Oceans 23Oceans 23 Posts: 18
    I pulled a single tic right behind the stage at 10:53 am on Friday...
  • Options
    Oceans 23 wrote:
    I pulled a single tic right behind the stage at 10:53 am on Friday...
    You are right there at the stage !! Enjoy !!
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    I got 2 tix for section 324 behind the stage....my good friend got 321 behind the stage....we will be rockin' it for sure...never been behind the stage before and I have 10c for night 2 and hartford so its all good....can't wait!!
  • Options
    Sat there for The Police last summer and was absolutely, positively blown away by how close I was to the stage (right up Stewart Copeland's ass). I would totally shit myself if I got to watch PJ from that proximity at The Garden . You are going to have a mind numbing experience my friend. If I were you I would bring an extra set of shorts!

I also sat behind the stage for The Police last summer. The perspective was something I'd never experienced before. I had an awesome time.
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Since I got behind the stage seats for MSG 2, I´ll also declare I still wanna have the time of my life! Let´s rock the back of the house!!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)