Options

Is this a safe place to stay for the camden shows?

2»

Comments

• Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    There is nowhere safe to stay in Camden.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Silly scared white people..

yeah, hop out and hang out for a while... then we can talk about silly scared white people :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    my2hands wrote:
    so its the governments fault they hang out all day, shoot each other, and destroy thewir own neighborhood?

i think the blame can be a bit more equally distrubuted

I would tell you not to talk about things of which you know nothing, but then, you probably wouldn't get to say anything at all.

It's not just the fault of government corruption, true, a great deal of blame can be placed at the doorstep of stupid, ignorant, bigoted, insulated, overfed and underread yahoos who take comfort in writing off huge segments of the human race in accordance with their own room temperature IQs. Sweet smelling suburbanites sitting around the ol' rec room talking about how lazy and perverted "those" people are, while they try to figure out how they can phony up their unemployment applications...ah, George Bush's America! The smell of it!
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    MrsOakley wrote:
    I would tell you not to talk about things of which you know nothing, but then, you probably wouldn't get to say anything at all.

It's not just the fault of government corruption, true, a great deal of blame can be placed at the doorstep of stupid, ignorant, bigoted, insulated, overfed and underread yahoos who take comfort in writing off huge segments of the human race in accordance with their own room temperature IQs. Sweet smelling suburbanites sitting around the ol' rec room talking about how lazy and perverted "those" people are, while they try to figure out how they can phony up their unemployment applications...ah, George Bush's America! The smell of it!

lol..are you kidding me? Yeah, people sell crack b/c the gov't won't take care of them and it's all W's fault. There was no crime and drug dealing in 1999.

Good Lord.....play the victim much? :rolleyes: Oh and..I know I know..I'm just too dumb to understand. I've obviously never talked to anyone in the world other than rich, white, surbanites. Just thought I'd save you the effort.

I'm off to go look at my HUGE 401k and piss on a poor person. Have a good one. Unless you're not rich....then the hell with you. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Don't stay in Camden.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    MrsOakley wrote:

um..... yeah...... (insert rolls eyes here)

anyway, I can't wait until speedy gets out of jail for this thread.... ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    MrsOakley wrote:

so i presume you think camden is a safe place to hang out?
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Best places to stay are Philly or the aforementioned NJ communities in Camden County. I like the Camden waterfront aside from the S-Center ; nice NJ State Aquarium, Battleship NJ, Campbell Field for minor league ball, and pretty plentiful parking, but not developed for tourists elsewhere in Camden city.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    my2hands wrote:
    yeah, hop out and hang out for a while... then we can talk about silly scared white people :rolleyes:

I saw enough when that tee shirt selling man was pulling stolen fake PJ shirts out of his ass crack.
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Ill give this one the ol' bumparooski

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    I saw enough when that tee shirt selling man was pulling stolen fake PJ shirts out of his ass crack.

Who steals fake shirts? Silly Camden tee shirt selling man.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I have found a cheap safehouse to stay for the two camden shows. Could some locals please tell me if this is an OK place to crash? I couldnt believe the rate that I got . Its practically a " steal ". I can finally cross camden, NJ off of my " places to visit " list. Any info would be greatlt appreciated.

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/Slum_Camden_NJ_1938_small.jpg

Is this like a fucked up joke or something? just stay in philly...its 2 feet from the venue man.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    My friend lives in Collingswood (town next to Camden), and she just got married. Two weeks ago, she woke up around 8am to start the cars for her and her husband because it was a chilly morning. She walks outside at 8:15 and BOTH are gone! And this was the town NEXT to Camden.

I'm from Jersey and live in Philly, now. Stay in Philly, hang out in Old City, then take the ferry over - it'll be loaded with PJ fans and it'll be fun.
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,221
    surforia wrote:
    My friend lives in Collingswood (town next to Camden), and she just got married. Two weeks ago, she woke up around 8am to start the cars for her and her husband because it was a chilly morning. She walks outside at 8:15 and BOTH are gone! And this was the town NEXT to Camden.

I'm from Jersey and live in Philly, now. Stay in Philly, hang out in Old City, then take the ferry over - it'll be loaded with PJ fans and it'll be fun.

Its almost like they have radar.They can smell it the next town over.2 cars, no one in them, lets go.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Try Cherry Hill. Thats where i stayed when i went in 06.... got a good deal and its nicer/safer than the Camden area
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    surforia wrote:

are you kidding me? Because Collingswood is next to Camden, it HAD TO BE SOMEONE FROM CAMDEN that stole their cars. That is the most ignorant statement I have ever heard.

I happen to go to Camden every day and you people have no clue. As a matter of fact, I will be there in about an hour to go see my mom in the hospital. And I'm not in the least bit worried about it.
  • Options
    prsntnseprsntnse Posts: 155
    How does this make you feel? Check out #5.

http://www.morganquitno.com/cit07pop.htm#25
    2000- Jones Beach III
    2003- Nassau coliseum, MSG I, MSG II
    2006- Hartford, E. Ruth I, E. Ruth II,
    2008- W. Palm, Tampa, Camden II, MSG I, MSG II, Hartford, Mansfield II
    2008- E.V. solo - Boston I, Boston II,NYC I,Newark Stone - Brooklyn
    2009- Chicago I & II,Philly III & IV E.V. solo- Albany II, Philly II
    2010- Hartford, Newark, MSG I & II
    2011- Tres Mtns. - Ed solo-Beacon I & II - Alpine Valley I & II
    2013- Hartford, Philly I & II, Brooklyn I & II, London Ont
    2016- Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Philly I&II, MSG I&II
  • Options
    hinks13hinks13 Posts: 6
    I live in Haddon Twp., NJ which is next to Cherry Hill, NJ and work in Center City Philly. For convenience, I would recommend staying at the Crowne Plaza or Holiday Inn on Route 70 in Cherry Hill. Both hotels are a few short miles from the S-Center and extremely easy to find/drive to. Very nice area with alot of restaurants and shopping right there. By far the best place to stay other than Philly and easily the most convenient if driving to the show, which I would also recommend due to the out of control tailgating...if, like me, you enjoy the pre-game almost as much as the show.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,104
    I'm staying at the Holiday Inn in the old section of Philly
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    Can't we all just get along................Agree to disagree?? I hope I didn't start all this....Listen, I would simply caution anyone who's not from the area that Camden is a hot-bed for street crime, and to be vigilant of that FACT! I'm sure visually....Camden has some nice areas as well! So does Newark, so does philly, so does Trenton, so does parts of NYC and DC, but unfortunately they all have pockets of poverty & street crime. It's just a fact! And there are many reasons for it (You can highlight the blame in many directions)

I'm from Jersey, born and raised, and I would always be the first to defend it!

How may times have I heard that joke......"hey, your from Jersey..... what exit??"

Yes, I'm from Jersey, but I'm not anywhere near the Jersey Turnpike (route 95) or the Parkway.....stupid!

Any true New Jerseyan, actually embraces the diversity of their state!! Now I'm gonna go listen to Pearl Jam! (My head hurts!!)
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    prsntnse wrote:
    How does this make you feel? Check out #5.

http://www.morganquitno.com/cit07pop.htm#25

huh...who knew Modesto was so dangerous...sounds like such a cute place. PJ plays a lot of slums!
  • Options
    marker2727marker2727 Posts: 91
    outside of Camden. . . at one time Camden had the highest crime rate in the U.S.
    can't escape from the common rule
    if you hate something, don't you do it too...
  • Options
    This thread is awesome!! you guys are the best

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
    I live 4 miles from camden near Haddonfield, it is like two different planets.
    God Loves Pearl Jam