Options

Eddie and American Idol

jam_headjam_head Posts: 125
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Anybody see this yet?

I love how many pj haters there are out there.

http://www.spinner.com/2008/04/14/potent-quotables-vedder-spits-idol-venom/15#c11727415
7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Awesome. I was there when Ed said that.

At the first mention of the show, some fruitcake in the audience screeched, "Saieeeesha!!" Which I assume is one of the contestants on that show.

Ed says, "Great, well, I'm afraid I'm about to insult you, then."

Then he tells how this deli was getting 240,000 wrong-number calls because their number is one off from the AI number.

"It just makes me think people who watch 'American Idol' are idiots," he says.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I like this one..

"Three words for the idol naysayers- Underwood, Clarkson, Daughtery.

How 'bout a fourth? Aiken.

If you listen to any of the above, surprise! They're "Idols". Who's the idiot now?

One word for this season - Cook!"
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    One dude keeps calling him Veddar, another person calls him Vetter...Those user comments are some funny stuff.

219. American Idol is mindless junk for mid-week enjoyment. Anal Pearl Jam is a pretentious, annoying band that will not leave a mark long term in the rock and roll history books. They're just a footnote.
    Idol is silly, P.J. is yesterday's papers. Who cares what he has to say?

This idiot insults himself, then decides to go after PJ .
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    jam_headjam_head Posts: 125
    lol yeah i like these people and their way of thinking.."man if it isnt on idol its just not good music".. oh how misguided they are
    7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
  • Options
    pdxgrlpdxgrl Posts: 2
    dang, those AI fans are really mean. there's no reason for some of the shitty things they say in their comments :(
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    From the 'What the Fuck!' file.

216. I never heard of Eddie Vetter but briefly heard of the group Pearl Jam. The show and the stars speak for themselves over 100 no. 1's in different categories of music, Grammy awards and Platinum selling artists. Sounds like professional jelousy to me. Watch out Eddie Chris Duaghtry is passing
    you and your star days are over.

Who are these people? ( Besides awful spellers)
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    olivineolivine Posts: 19
    My favourite:

11. Just who IS Eddie Vetter? He's certainly quite forgettable, while some of the Idol contestants are developing some pretty unforgettable music! Sounds like sour grapes to me! However, to each his own, and good luck with a sagging career that requires him to bad mouth both Idol and Idol fans for a few minutes of celebrity!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Anyone over the age of 18 who votes on 'American Idol'... please, do America a favor and do not vote in the November Presidential Election.
    Thank you.
    My name is Cosmo and I approve this message.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    culot4 wrote:
    From the 'What the Fuck!' file.

216. I never heard of Eddie Vetter but briefly heard of the group Pearl Jam. The show and the stars speak for themselves over 100 no. 1's in different categories of music, Grammy awards and Platinum selling artists. Sounds like professional jelousy to me. Watch out Eddie Chris Duaghtry is passing
    you and your star days are over.

Who are these people? ( Besides awful spellers)

As I was reading those, this #216 gave me the biggest laugh. I'm sure it's some 11 year old girl who's every waking minute is glued to watching this crap on TV!
  • Options
    Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    Pearl Jam didn't need a TV show to get fans, but you'd be surprised with the logic some people have, if they haven't heard of it, it isn't good and it isn't popular.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    is this pissing anyone else off that all these morons have such a warped view of good music, and eddie/pearl jam. if they only knew how amazing they were.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    is this pissing anyone else off that all these morons have such a warped view of good music, and eddie/pearl jam. if they only knew how amazing they were.

I also figured people to dumb to look past music in The Top 40 didn't deserve good music like Pearl Jam
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 650
    this all brings me back to the "american blow job, butt fuck..." rant from alpine valley in '03.

classic ed.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    olivineolivine Posts: 19
    "52. Eddie Vedder? And that would be WHO??? Doubt if HE would make the top 24. What a blow-hard. So people enjoy watching American Idol. What business is it of his? Does he think we'll run out and buy his crap because we are not watching the show??"

"83. Eddy is only bitching because no one asked his NASTY self to be on the show and I don't beleive anyone has done one of his songs!!!!"

"143. Sounds like jelousy and sour grapes to me! LOL. Never heard of this guy so don't much care what he thinks!"

"204. I'VE NEVER HEARD OF EDDIE VETTER...AND HE'S JEALOUS OF THE CONTESTANTS ON AMERICAN IDOL BECAUSE HE KNOWS HE'D BE VOTED OFF THE FIRST SHOW."

Etc. Now, I'm really confused. You may, or may not like Eddie and his music, you may disagree with the things he says... But not to have a clue about who he is???

Some people honestly believe he's jealous of Carrie Underwood and need to tell bad stuff about AI to get attention. ?????
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    a highlight from la1 :D

not gonna bother to read al the comments....the ones already posted make me wanna puke.....
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    go pre wrote:
    this all brings me back to the "american blow job, butt fuck..." rant from alpine valley in '03.

classic ed.

PLEASE expand!!!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    Well he is 100% right, he must have read my signature, its been here for over a year.
    That show, disney and universal have fucked music up and taken it back to brainless wannabees that have talented voices. And society being brainless loves its crap. Hey I do brainless shit all the time, we are Americans, but when it comes to music I just try to undersrtand why, when it comes to its substance. I take music as something that has teaching abilty and is a great engine for thought when it comes to life.
    Its a popular show but in ten years when people look back, I bet more than half the fans will be like wow I cant believe I liked that show. Hey its like all the fans of Michael Jackson, or dance fever, they probably wouldnt want to admit they were diehard fans, and they are out there.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    you'll notice the posts have dwindled after 8.00, because it's after most of the upset AI fan's bedtimes.
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I love your signature! I was there and when I read your sig, I actually heard the guy say that again in my head! It was so fucking funny!
    I can't believe people actually yelled "tremor christ" WTF????
    Now, I can honestly say Tremor Christ is one of my absolute favorites but come on really?? How stupid are these assholes to think that he would actually do that song during a show like that.

I laughed my ass off when that guy yelled that out. It was the right thing to say at the right time. As much as I hated when people yelled out incessant bullshit at Eddie, this guy was on point with what he blurted out!
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    olivine wrote:
    My favourite:

11. Just who IS Eddie Vetter? He's certainly quite forgettable, while some of the Idol contestants are developing some pretty unforgettable music! Sounds like sour grapes to me! However, to each his own, and good luck with a sagging career that requires him to bad mouth both Idol and Idol fans for a few minutes of celebrity!

We can't even comment intelligently... right now. We are too upset. Ha! And It's spelled V-E-D-D-E-R! (Everyone HERE knows that!) 'Nuff said.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    i have the unfortunate privilege of having a few friends who actually watch idol and if the people who posted on the AI forum have the same musical taste as the couple friends i have that watch the show, then i know for sure the people on that forum are musically brainless
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    The comments are hilarious.

My wife watches it and I chime in now and again. Mostly a guilty pleasure to see Simon be an ass and see no talent hacks get abused. More sadistic than anything else. I certainly could care less about the singers and would never buy anything.

but it is what it is, crap pop sold to millions for easy digestion. There is nothing of value or any redeemable quality what so ever.

Lame pop will always rule record sales. after one or two albums they are forgotten and the next digestible act is slurped up by an ever thristy audience.
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    What a complete lot of retards. how can they knock someone who is earned his way to the top, who writes his own music 99% of the time? Fucking idiots.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    olivine wrote:
    "52. Eddie Vedder? And that would be WHO??? Doubt if HE would make the top 24. What a blow-hard. So people enjoy watching American Idol. What business is it of his? Does he think we'll run out and buy his crap because we are not watching the show??"

"83. Eddy is only bitching because no one asked his NASTY self to be on the show and I don't beleive anyone has done one of his songs!!!!"

"143. Sounds like jelousy and sour grapes to me! LOL. Never heard of this guy so don't much care what he thinks!"

"204. I'VE NEVER HEARD OF EDDIE VETTER...AND HE'S JEALOUS OF THE CONTESTANTS ON AMERICAN IDOL BECAUSE HE KNOWS HE'D BE VOTED OFF THE FIRST SHOW."

Etc. Now, I'm really confused. You may, or may not like Eddie and his music, you may disagree with the things he says... But not to have a clue about who he is???

Some people honestly believe he's jealous of Carrie Underwood and need to tell bad stuff about AI to get attention. ?????

This is one of the most amusing threads to read that I've ever come across!!!!
    Do these people really exist? It's so ignorant and embarassing that there's no way that these people actually think these things...they're just trying to get under 'our' skin....I'm convinced.

If they do exist, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but just off yourselves and leave the world to people who have the ability to conjure up some intelligent thoughts....
  • Options
    Uncle NeilUncle Neil Posts: 176
    This is one of the most amusing threads to read that I've ever come across!!!!
    Do these people really exist? It's so ignorant and embarassing that there's no way that these people actually think these things...they're just trying to get under 'our' skin....I'm convinced.

If they do exist, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but just off yourselves and leave the world to people who have the ability to conjure up some intelligent thoughts....

That's the sad part, these people DO exist and I'm sure they actually believe these things. I never get offended when people don't like PJ or Eddie, because they can like whatever they want, but the level of ignorance from all these people is downright alarming! It really kind of disgusts me...
  • Options
    SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
    I love that these people use sales and awards as some sort of barometer for talent. Clearly whoever sells the most records in a year is the most talented artist that year... Also if these people knew their ass from a hole in the ground they'd know that a) Idol contestants have sang PJ songs, b) PJ has sold more albums than anyone on AI (right? I mean in all? not that it matters to me, but seeing as how their anti-Ed comments are based on it).
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    I watch idol...but I don't actually *like* the music.

those comments are hilarious though.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    I watch idol...but I don't actually *like* the music.

those comments are hilarious though.
    i liked it more before they booted my hot aussie. :cool:

i can understand the idol hatred, though... i've come to accept that i deserve to be called an idiot for watching. :D
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:

i can understand the idol hatred, though... i've come to accept that i deserve to be called an idiot for watching. :D

I dunno, to me it's just a TV show and has little to do with music. the record companies are going to sign and promote crappy artists with or without american idol. MOST TV shows are idiotic.
  • Options
    bonowallbonowall Posts: 116
    nfanel wrote:

Tsup girl!!!!

Nah, you're not an idiot cuz Im sure you are dialing the right numbers. Remember, Eddie calls those that MISDIALED the idiots. Secretly I think he was just mad that they give Michael Johns the boot and kept KLC too long ;)

Hope all is well!
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:
    www.myspace.com/greendisease06

Web Site:
    www.wallsstreetjournal.net

Proud Volunteer of:
    www.wishlistfoundation.org