Options

Eddie and American Idol

2»

Comments

• Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    bonowall wrote:
    Tsup girl!!!!

Nah, you're not an idiot cuz Im sure you are dialing the right numbers. Remember, Eddie calls those that MISDIALED the idiots. Secretly I think he was just mad that they give Michael Johns the boot and kept KLC too long ;)

Hope all is well!
    i just said 'hi' to you in the last thread! :p

ah! you totally outed yourself as a fan by the fact you know who KLC is. ;) as long as they don't boot jason castro i will keep watching. i enjoy him and i'm not afraid to admit it. :D
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    This does prove how clueless America is when it comes to good music
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Please watch the movie "idiocracy".

It may seem dumb, but it will explain where these people come from.

It's what our society is turning to. DE-volving.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    Cosmo wrote:
    Anyone over the age of 18 who votes on 'American Idol'... please, do America a favor and do not vote in the November Presidential Election.
    Thank you.
    My name is Cosmo and I approve this message.

crack me up Cosmo, and I agree 100%
  • Options
    velogatorvelogator Posts: 174
    Smellyman wrote:
    The comments are hilarious.

My wife watches it and I chime in now and again. Mostly a guilty pleasure to see Simon be an ass and see no talent hacks get abused. More sadistic than anything else. I certainly could care less about the singers and would never buy anything.

but it is what it is, crap pop sold to millions for easy digestion. There is nothing of value or any redeemable quality what so ever.

Lame pop will always rule record sales. after one or two albums they are forgotten and the next digestible act is slurped up by an ever thristy audience.

Same with me...my wife and daughter watch it, but I think that they would agree with Eddie on this. It's a guilty pleaure for them, my wife even admits that it's a karaoke contest and yet she gets drawn in each year :-) I like to give her stick about it.
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016
  • Options
    bonowallbonowall Posts: 116
    Please watch the movie "idiocracy".

It may seem dumb, but it will explain where these people come from.

It's what our society is turning to. DE-volving.

I have seen Idiocracy and I think that while it's suface, the film is nothing more than another piss and fart laugh type of movie, it's that VERY concept that makes the film (in subtext) a true examination on the de-evolution of society.

While I could both agree and also argue the value or non-value of American Idol, I would disagree that its existence is the definition of dumb.

It is pop culture in it's most pure form - a place, a content, an opportunity for the public (namely teens) to chose their next flavor of the month musically. We cannot stop the Myli Cyrusses, Avril Lavignes, and Britney Spears of the world because they are monsters from the record companies themselves and will continue to exist whether we want them or not.

For a show such as AI, of course there's staging, directing, and leading all before the group we get to select from is presented BUT, there are far worse examples of decadent TV. Talent shows have existed for years and years - this isn't really anything different than that.

Now if you want to address the dumbing down of TV, lets focus on the two worst networks: MTV and VH1 - there are too many shows to name which speak to the fact that people are living through the examples of these idiots on reality tv. When people start believing that reality is real....we have a problem!

American Idol is a fun show...and it causes no harm (in my opinion). Now, I love NEW YORK or FLAVOR of LOVE or ROCK OF LOVE - Now THAT'S A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY.

k, off my soap box. Just didn't like the reference that i was being labelled dumb because I choose to watch a harmless TV talent show. ;)
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:
    www.myspace.com/greendisease06

Web Site:
    www.wallsstreetjournal.net

Proud Volunteer of:
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    "83. Eddy is only bitching because no one asked his NASTY self to be on the show and I don't beleive anyone has done one of his songs!!!!"

didnt one guy do jeremy last year? also, youd think when they wanted to call vedder an idiot theyd look at where it's spelled "vedder" on the top...
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    apparently ed is hip hop now

225. I am not an idiot and I love American Idol. I would much rather listen/watch the music being produced from American Idol, than any thugged out, trashed out, redundant rap/hip hop crap anytime!

WORD!

:p:D
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    cutback wrote:

225. I am not an idiot and I love American Idol. I would much rather listen/watch the music being produced from American Idol, than any thugged out, trashed out, redundant rap/hip hop crap anytime!

WORD!

wow .. i wanna punch that person in the face. this is too good.

can anyone tell me what ed said at the alpine show in 03 about idol? someone started to tak about it ..
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    olivine wrote:
    My favourite:

11. Just who IS Eddie Vetter? He's certainly quite forgettable, while some of the Idol contestants are developing some pretty unforgettable music! Sounds like sour grapes to me! However, to each his own, and good luck with a sagging career that requires him to bad mouth both Idol and Idol fans for a few minutes of celebrity!
    imao! lol eddie vetter hahahah
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Options
    FUCK YEAH!

i hate american idol lol

eddie is the man!!
    Adge
    12.9.06= Rockin In The Free World
  • Options
    ardyardy Posts: 53
    i still am blown away by how many people my age (40+) give me the stink eye when i say i like PJ or am going to a PJ concert. you know, the ones who say, "they're still around?" "i thought they broke up years ago" that crap. it's frustrating sometimes because i wonder what the hell kind of music have *they* been listening to all these years...? how could you not know who they are or some of their songs (other than last kiss & jeremy...)

none of these comments surprise me. it's herd behaviour....
    "Can I ask you a question?" (.....you just did.....)
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    When's the last time you inspired people to give back to people right here in our own backyard that don't have anything?! Get a life, not an opinion!

How bout this one...
  • Options
    webswebs Posts: 34
    wow .. i wanna punch that person in the face. this is too good.

can anyone tell me what ed said at the alpine show in 03 about idol? someone started to tak about it ..

This is the quote from the concert notes on Five Horizons when he brings up Idol at Alpine.
    "Power to the people man.... The real people, the people that work, not the people that sit in their towers, and try to run the whole thing, thinking that we're too stupid to notice what they're doing! They get us in our little holes, and our boxes, and our cages and they show us American Idol and American Gladiators and American .... blowjob, buttfuck, whatever. And everyone watches with baited breath. Oh, who's going to get a blowjob tonight? What American's going to get a blowjob tonight? When in reality, you could be getting one yourself instead of watching the fucking TV, I don't know. I digress. I'm going to get a guitar. But we were just talking in the back, and we were thinking that maybe uh, on the strength of a night like this, and uh, really, uh, so you understand how much we appreciate it, we were thinking that instead of uh, waiting 2 years or even, uh, after we finish the next record, maybe just next summer, we could come back and play, just a few places that we've been to and this would be one of them. And hopefully even in a year, the world will be a little more straightened out."

Hmmm... still waiting for Alpine to "be one of them".
  • Options
    American Idol sucks!
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    cutback wrote:

WORD!

...tears are flowing causing the mascara to run into my eyes...my eyes are burning from laughing so damn hard. Too funny!

thugged out :D
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • Options
    bookmuse wrote:
    ...tears are flowing causing the mascara to run into my eyes...my eyes are burning from laughing so damn hard. Too funny!

thugged out :D

ya know i thought the comments would piss me off....but they're pretty hilarious :D

hi book....good to see ya!! :)
  • Options
    i can't get enough of these :D

264. Eddie WHO???? I think Pearl Jam is really untalented...............and I don't know who the musicians are........if you can call them that.......... I guess I'm too busy watching American Idol. I KNOW who Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are, and what tremendous talents they are.

you don't know who they are yet they are untalented.....bitchin'!! :eek: :p:D
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    FUCK SIMON, fuck Paula, fuck the black dude whatever his name is.

Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, the big black guy and the little dorky white dude, and William Hung...and all the other winners, all of them can suck my left nut!!!

:cool: and Fuck all A.I. viewers too!!!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    hands up all Pop Idol/American Idol/X-Factor contestants who play their instruments when they perform.

That chump Darius did but then his career failed quicker than a blind gibbon on a driving test
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    jam_head wrote:
    Anybody see this yet?

I love how many pj haters there are out there.

http://www.spinner.com/2008/04/14/potent-quotables-vedder-spits-idol-venom/15#c11727415

I did not read all the pages on this thread.
    I can't help but laugh at the knuckleheads who responded to that quote that Ed said. If you don't like PJ, okay no problem. But to not give them the respect they deserve is just ridiculous. I mean compairing Ed to an American Idol winner. It makes me laugh out loud.
    Some people have no respect for music.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Anyone who watches Idol needs to get out more often. Eddie couldn't be more correct!!
  • Options
    American Idol sucks!

American Idol sucks!
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows