bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
edited April 2008 in The Porch
i couldnt even score tickets there
it comes up that they couldnt find tickets
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I was able to get to the 'lawn' seating aka 'shitty tickets' seating. That's it! Keep trying. 10Club and the local rock stations must have bought a ton of seats!! That's good news for 10Club if you got them.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    Yeah, no shit man. I just had the same issue. Actually the only tix they seem to have available are lawn, and theres no way in hell I'll ever do lawn.

Then I thought, maybe they just haven't released the rest of the pavilion seats, but after looking on StubHub and a few others, they have several tickets for pavilion seats! Looks like no Pearl Jam for me on this tour. Very pissed.
  • Options
    haashaas Posts: 46
    That was 10 times a worse expereince than through 10c
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    i was in there to buy immediately when it popped up and there has been nothing but lawn...ive never experienced this before for a venue outside of MSG etc
  • Options
    Yeah I don't know when StubHub or the others were able to get in to get those tickets...I should have checked before 10 am to see if they had them, which would prove that they clearly found a way to buy them BEFORE the 10 am on sale time. BASTARDS!

You know, screw Ticketmaster, PJ should go after these broker SOB's - they are truly the ones who screw things up for everyone, not TM.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Rossum20 wrote:
    i was in there to buy immediately when it popped up and there has been nothing but lawn...ive never experienced this before for a venue outside of MSG etc
    I was shocked too - I had two windows open, one for hartford one for boston.

Hartford = lawn
    Boston = decent seats (row Z)
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    I was shocked too - I had two windows open, one for hartford one for boston.

Hartford = lawn
    Boston = decent seats (row Z)

Yeah man I did the same thing, but had two windows open, both for Hartford (two different browsers of course).
  • Options
    i hope this means 10c really went to bat for us and not that these scum bag brokers and radio stations gobbled up all the seats....eh probably both...damn....thankfully I got 10c tix for this show but i was hoping to nab 2 somewhere under the pavilion for my friends...especially if the weather is shit
  • Options
    SwBkRn44SwBkRn44 Posts: 232
    Ok, trying to be positive here. Let's say you got lawn seats, what's the best way to make it a good night?

How early can you get in? More importantly? How early should you get in?

Show starts at 8pm, figure some super loyal folks will be in immediately so they'll be at the front of the lawn, how soon should you get in to avoid the massive crowds though and being all the way back?

How much do beers cost once inside :-)
  • Options
    VedurenVeduren Posts: 8
    i was in with 5 tix selected before it was even 10:01am and couldn't get seats...only lawn.

fucking bullshit. loved the $15.40 charge PER ticket for venue and "convenience" too...standard operating procedure, i know.

still fucking sucks though. not a happy camper atm.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Well!
    Let's make the best of that damn lawn as we can! See ya's on the grass....on the grass ;)
  • Options
    Well good for you to all those who got 10C tickets, but unfortunately I did not. I am a former long time member, but I had some major family crises late last year and consequently my renewal for membership had to get put on the backburner - not exactly a huge priority at that time. Now, sadly it doesn't look like I'll be seeing the band this year (no way I'm doing lawn, and I would NOT advise anyone to do lawn in Hartford either), which is crushing to say the least. I was determined, even if I had to spend extra $$, that I WOULD have decent seats for a PJ show on this tour, but I should have known there's no way in hell that would EVER happen.

Anyways, enjoy the show guys!
  • Options
    ctvedheadctvedhead Posts: 58
    There are only 7000 seats in the lawn here. I have heard the promoter on the radio say that for fan clubs, the band generally gets every other row so there are only half as many or less tickets for sale. I think that was DMB, but it may serve as some reference point. I suspect PJ has even more of the house than most fan clubs.

Ticketmaster can pull several thousand tickets at any given time. The math equals instant sell out.
    if you call me Cupcake again I'll make fun of your knee socks and whistle
  • Options
    ah come on...don't get me wrong....that is a shit situation when you are in before 10:01am and cannot even land a seat inside the pavilion....but this is your hometown show...how could you not go!? If you don't have the dough now save up over the next couple months and grab some tix at the show....sure youll have to pay more when when is the next time Pearl Jam will come to your hometown? Could be some time...
  • Options
    Well I've had shitty seats for every show I've gone too for PJ, INCLUDING my 10C seats, so I have been absolutely determined (and actually, still am), to get tickets in the lower pavilion. But of course they are all taken by 10C, the promoter, etc. etc., which sucks ass. I while I would love to dish out some extra $$ for those seats, the friggin brokers online are selling those seats (albeit rediculously) for anywhere from 800-1200 bucks!! Gimme a break. I love the band, no doubt, but not enough to take out a loan for tickets to their show.
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Got a lawn too--but thats what I wanted to get--didn't try for anything else.
  • Options
    I got lawn seats....who gives a shit ...i would rather sit on the lawn than not go at all....i saw them in 06 on the grass....it really wasn't that bad....i just want to see/ hear them..so i am not gonna bitch about it...i am just happy to go
  • Options
    Quite honestly (and don't take this the wrong way, I mean NO offense to 10C), the band ought to just go on a 10C-only tour, and not make any other tickets available to anyone else. At least that way the rest of us won't get disappointed because we're shut out of decent seats. That's probably the only fair way of doing this and keeping more people happy and less people disappointed.
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    i believe in 2006, the seats were sold out almost instantly also. i had fan club tix so i didn't try getting them through ticketmaster but everyone i know who went on right away to get tickets got only the lawn.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Evolver wrote:
    Quite honestly (and don't take this the wrong way, I mean NO offense to 10C), the band ought to just go on a 10C-only tour, and not make any other tickets available to anyone else. At least that way the rest of us won't get disappointed because we're shut out of decent seats.
    to be fair hartford was up for hours on the TC site... now for MSG and MAYBE boston... that would be cool, but I dont think even the TC could sell out MSG (not even close probably).
  • Options
    ctvedheadctvedhead Posts: 58
    SwBkRn44 wrote:
    Ok, trying to be positive here. Let's say you got lawn seats, what's the best way to make it a good night?

How early can you get in? More importantly? How early should you get in?

Show starts at 8pm, figure some super loyal folks will be in immediately so they'll be at the front of the lawn, how soon should you get in to avoid the massive crowds though and being all the way back?

How much do beers cost once inside :-)
    I'll tell you a quick story about this venue. A friend and I went to see a show here last year, I think the Allmans. Two of us had lawn seats and there were four or five who did not. In this venue, you can enter the seats from the base of the lawn, separated only by a railing and some yellow shirts. Most of the security here is part time folks who really are pretty nice people. My friend stood near by one of the security guards, right at the railing/entrance to the seats from the lawn. I walked up to the same guard, pretended to be extremely drunk and made him visually direct me to the mens room, as I put my arm around him again acting drunk, my friend slipped in. I thanked him graciously and went on my merry way. He never knew what happened.

Repeat this with various distractions throughout the course night, and all my buddies were in the seats by the end of the first set.
    if you call me Cupcake again I'll make fun of your knee socks and whistle
  • Options
    zeroenvyzeroenvy Posts: 40
    Yeah, I got a message from my buddy at 10:12 AM saying all he could get was lawn at 10:00 AM. He was buying 5 tickets, but at the same time i was browsing at home for 1 and 2 tickets and could still only get lawn..

Oh well, this is my first pearl jam show at 20 years old.. nothing can bring me down.
    6/27/08!
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    to be fair hartford was up for hours on the TC site... now for MSG and MAYBE boston... that would be cool, but I dont think even the TC could sell out MSG (not even close probably).

Not sure what you're trying to point out with that, in terms of Hartford?...
  • Options
    Damn, a pair of 2nd row tickets are on sale on eBay, just threw in a 500 bid and was outbid immediately (shocker).

Time to figure out what bank or convenience store I'm going to hold up, or what old lady I'm going to mug to come up with a couple grand for these tix....

...no, seriously, I have to figure out who I'm gonna rob.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    couple things

1. TM did not release all the tickets; keep trying there will be "drops" as the date gets closer
    2. over the years, both the quality and quantity of tickets available at a public TM onsale has decreased significantly. wouldnt surprise me if less than 20% of the venues are actually available to the public
    3. If you thought this was bad, wait until the MSG sale, there will be no tix available at 10:00:30.
    4. Yes the sclapers are a problem, but there is a much bigger institutional problem at TM. They begrudingly give the fan clubs seats, but keep the remaining seats for themselves (promotional holds service providers vips etc). The public gets crappy seats which sell out in minutes becuase they panic that they wont get tix.
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:

Oh I see, I'm guessing you are saying that Ticketmaster alotted (and I fully agree with you) way too many 10C seats for this show. Not sure why they agreed to that, but whatever. Thanks Ticketmaster!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,277
    ctvedhead wrote:
    There are only 7000 seats in the lawn here. I have heard the promoter on the radio say that for fan clubs, the band generally gets every other row so there are only half as many or less tickets for sale. I think that was DMB, but it may serve as some reference point. I suspect PJ has even more of the house than most fan clubs.
    There's something to that for sure. In 2006, the front was a combo of 10 club and season tix holders.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    CTMAN07CTMAN07 Posts: 12
    ctvedhead wrote:

Ticketmaster can pull several thousand tickets at any given time. The math equals instant sell out.

Tickets are still available for the lawn. Hartford.com (http://www.hartford.com/play/arts_entertainment_venues.php) 1/2 way down the page "New England Dodge Music Center" the site says the theater holds 25,000 including 7,000 reserved seats. This means 18,000 Lawn. Ya'll should have gotten 10c seats!!! Regardless of where you sit a PJ show is a PJ show...INCREDIBLE!!! Everyone going should feel fortunate. Although i'm happy to have seats and not lawn tix!!!
    10/2/96, 9/13/98, 8/29/00, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 5/4/06 Ed Sullivan Theater, 5/13/06, 6/27/08
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    CTMAN07 wrote:
    Tickets are still available for the lawn. Hartford.com (http://www.hartford.com/play/arts_entertainment_venues.php) 1/2 way down the page "New England Dodge Music Center" the site says the theater holds 25,000 including 7,000 reserved seats. This means 18,000 Lawn. Ya'll should have gotten 10c seats!!! Regardless of where you sit a PJ show is a PJ show...INCREDIBLE!!! Everyone going should feel fortunate. Although i'm happy to have seats and not lawn tix!!!

I ALWAYS make sure I get 10c seats for PJ shows with a lawn...
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Evolver wrote:
    Quite honestly (and don't take this the wrong way, I mean NO offense to 10C), the band ought to just go on a 10C-only tour, and not make any other tickets available to anyone else. At least that way the rest of us won't get disappointed because we're shut out of decent seats. That's probably the only fair way of doing this and keeping more people happy and less people disappointed.

Then they would have to find a venue in each city that does not have some exclusive contract with Ticketmaster, Livenation, or some other ticket seller. The venues that they find would probably be small places (live the Vic) for which a 10C sale would sell out in a minute. You would still have people complaining that they didn't get tickets.