Options

OK so I have a man crush on Stone.

stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
edited July 2008 in The Porch
So what I have a man crush on Stone.My wife is always giving my shit about it.i don't think it is so much a man crush as it is a just admire the guy.He is smart,geeky and rocks.I just kinda relate to the guy.I myself am geeky and he just gives us geeky guys someone to look up to who rocks.LONG LIVE STONE!
Ft. Lauderdale 96'
Tampa 00'
West Palm Beach 03'
House of Blues 03'
Tampa 03'
Kissimmee 04'
West Palm Beach 08'
Tampa 08'
Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    stoneg wrote:
    So what I have a man crush on Stone.My wife is always giving my shit about it.i don't think it is so much a man crush as it is a just admire the guy.He is smart,geeky and rocks.I just kinda relate to the guy.I myself am geeky and he just gives us geeky guys someone to look up to who rocks.LONG LIVE STONE!

It's big of you to admit this. Stone is no Patrick Dempsy but the way he attacked the Mansfield Cow Man's udders... I'm just sayin'.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    It's big of you to admit this. Stone is no Patrick Dempsy but the way he attacked the Mansfield Cow Man's udders... I'm just sayin'.
    LOL!!!! I saw the pic of that.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    DeLukin wrote:

pic?
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    NC_Irie wrote:
    pic?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UQS6zvCk0Lc

About a minute into the video (stoneg, you may want to have a box of tissues handy...)
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UQS6zvCk0Lc

About a minute into the video (stoneg, you may want to have a box of tissues handy...)
    HAHAHAHAHA!! I need a close up shot.LOL!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    stoneg wrote:

OMG, HE IS TOO FUCKING MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It gets hot on stage, he was probably just thirsty -- you gotta love Jeff watching this as well...

stoneg, forget the term "man crush." This excuse for a culture is so virulently homophobic that people just can't admire or get a charge out of one another in a strong, meaningful or powerful way without a sexual connotation being imposed on it. It's part of the fall of civilization, but don't give in to it -- you've got great taste in human beings! (Probably shouldn't use the term "taste" in the same post that references Stone and Elsie!!!)
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
    I don't know.... Can't say I ever had a "man crush" on anyone!!! I have to admit... I DO think it's GAY!!!!
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    ottonyp wrote:
    I don't know.... Can't say I ever had a "man crush" on anyone!!! I have to admit... I DO think it's GAY!!!!
    I've heard men who are straight describe it very well. There is a man that they respect and admire for different reasons, how he dresses, he how carries himself, how he treats other people, how good he is at his profession (especially if it's something very public like a musician), how he behaves under stress. They may call it a man crush or they may say that the person is their hero. But I don't think it's gay anymore than voting for Obama means you want to be black or admiring Oprah means you want to be a woman! (Please everybody don't jump on me! I'm not trying to be political.) I think other people add the sexual component because it makes them uncomfortable.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Stone is an awesome specimen of male-ness. :)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    ottonyp wrote:

:rolleyes:

please tell me you're joking. :)

as much as I was hoping the OP would've said he's got a crush on Robert Plant (don't ask me why!! :D) I have to respect his respect for Stone. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    It's plain GAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I have the uttmost respect for Stone !!!!!!! Just NO "man crush" !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    :rolleyes:

please tell me you're joking.

as much as I was hoping the OP would've said he's got a crush on Robert Plant (don't ask me why!! :D) I have to respect his respect for Stone. :)
    I don't have to ask why. :p

But seriously, saying having a "man-crush" on Stone is gay is like saying me wanting to have my favourite web-cartoonist's babies is gay. And I'm not gay. :)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    I see nothing wrong with man crushes. Anyways I've already been called out for mine today on this board.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    stoneg wrote:

that's utterly ridiculous!

no pun intended!
  • Options
    ottonyp wrote:
    I have the uttmost respect for Stone !!!!!!! Just NO "man crush" !!!!!!!!!!!

ok, great! :) but saying it's gay is pretty stupid. no offense.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    I don't have to ask why. :p

:o

:p
    But seriously, saying having a "man-crush" on Stone is gay is like saying me wanting to have my favourite web-cartoonist's babies is gay. And I'm not gay. :)

:D
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    stoneg wrote:

This photo only works with the cow-guy and Jeff's reaction. I mean it's funny, but it wouldn't be as funny if the cow-guy didn't react the way he did. The pulling of his tail and his tongue sticking out... and Jeff in the background giving a "that's hilarious" smile.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey