Options

need help

pc_loadletterpc_loadletter Posts: 164
edited August 2008 in The Porch
i wont be doing this for a while, but i want to buy another guitar. i have three, two electric and one acoustic. one of the electrics is a fender telecaster, mexican made ( i know, i know), and for my next i either want a fender strat (american), or a gibson les paul.
ive played a strat once and it was soooooooooooo nice. better than fingering a chick for the first time. ive never played a les paul, though. can anyone give me a heads up on what the better choice is. my goal in life is to rock like mike, and being that theres never going to be a chance in hell that ill be able to play like him, the next best thing is to play one of his fav guitars lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,943
    dont know much myself, but maybe musicians and gearheads area could help...
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    I've been putting a lot of thought into this recently as well, Fender or Gibson. Personally, I'm going to get the American Strat first, they are very well made, sturdy guitars that are very versatile for playing style and genre. But of course, theres always the draw to the Gibsons.

Also, I love your account name. Office Space?
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)