Options

Sirius Celebrates Pearl Jam

ChrissybChrissyb Posts: 122
edited April 2008 in The Porch
For any of you that have Sirius radio.. on channel 24 Lithium/Flannel channel.. they are celebrating Pearl Jam hitting the road for the upcoming tour.. they are playing a B-side or Live cut every hour.. they are also playing pre-recorded cuts of the listeners favorite Pearl Jam moments.. THIS WEEK ONLY

Its been pretty good so far.. If you are not a Sirius Subscriber.. I believe you can sign up for a 3 day free trial..

http://www.sirius.com/siriusinternetradio
**find what you love, love what you find**
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I heard a live version of "Daughter" on the way into work today. I about crapped my pants.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    siriusly?
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Ute LewUte Lew West Point, UT Posts: 129
    Chrissyb wrote:
    For any of you that have Sirius radio.. on channel 24 Lithium/Flannel channel.. they are celebrating Pearl Jam hitting the road for the upcoming tour.. they are playing a B-side or Live cut every hour.. they are also playing pre-recorded cuts of the listeners favorite Pearl Jam moments.. THIS WEEK ONLY

Its been pretty good so far.. If you are not a Sirius Subscriber.. I believe you can sign up for a 3 day free trial..

http://www.sirius.com/siriusinternetradio

I was sitting at work and decided to flip on my sirius, and just noticed this! Heard two songs so far! Great Idea Sirius now can we get a PJ only station! :)
    • SLC   11/1/95 
    • SLC   11/2/95
    • PC   06/21/98 
    • LV    07/11/98
    • LV    10/22/00
    • MV   10/20/01
    • MV   10/21/01
    • MV   06/01/03
    • IR     06/02/03
    • IR     06/03/03
    • SD   06/05/03
    • LV    06/06/03
    • DN   07/02/06
    • DN   07/03/06
    • LV    07/06/06
    • SD   07/07/06
    • LA    07/09/06
    • LA    07/10/06
    • SLC  09/28/09
    • LA    10/07/09
    • SD    10/09/09
    • BOS 08/07/16
    • MON 08/13/18
    • PHX  05/09/22
    • LV     05/20/22 (Canceled: Fuck you Covid)
  • Options
    cassidpcassidp Posts: 31
    Heard "won't back down" around lunchtime today. Agreed, Sirius needs to look into a PJ channel
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    little wing!!! :)
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,440
    STBC live
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Thank you so much for posting this information! I have been listening all evening from my work computer. I listen to Lithium quite a bit on DishTV at home, but, I didn't realize they were featuring Pearl Jam. I should have been paying closer attention!!!

Again,
    Thanks a lot for the tip!
    Cindy :)
    "If you hate something, don't you do it too"~Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Figures...just when I discovered the all Pearl Jam station...the next day it is no longer available?

Well, I can still listen to it for now, from the looks of things. I wonder if XM online will have an all exclusive Pearl Jam station? I didn't see one.

Oh well...I'll enjoy it while I can.

I'm debating getting Sirius radio for my daughter for her birthday. She just discovered all of the Sirius radio stations on our DishTV and really enjoys so many of the various stations.

Anyone here have a preference between Sirius and XM? Are they about the same? If anyone cares to share their experiences, suggestions are welcomed.

Cindy :)
    "If you hate something, don't you do it too"~Pearl Jam
  • Options
    jeddethjeddeth Posts: 93
    these stories and live tracks on sirius have been AMAZING!

hopefully they will do a PJ dedicated station this summer
    Things change. They wont change unless you make them. The best way to change something you don't like, is to change yourself. So if you feel like you have a piece of duct tape on your mouth and you can't escape, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let 'em hear ya! -EV
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    I heard a great version of Little Wing yesterday evening. EV was a little shaky on the vocals but McCready kicked ass.
    It's fun hearing some of the stories. I'm glad I have Dish Network so I can listen on my tv.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    Once per hour is kind of lame. I think the station played them more before this promo.....though they are live and rare tracks. Which is nice.

When I first heard the commercial last week, I thought it was going to be PJ only all day, all night. Like the Dead, or Buffet, or Elvis, or Sinatra, even something like the Who Cahnnel that was like for 2 months, or Springsteen or The Stones.......etc. etc.

let's pressure them.
    "You would be punctilious in assuming that."
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    OMG, heard Babba OReily live on my way to work today. This is totally making the drive in a lot shorter. :D
  • Options
    zacman13245zacman13245 Posts: 294
    they should do this all the time, I'd buy XM or Sirius, whichever one supported it. An all Pearl Jam channel would kick ass.
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)