Options

I do love some good roasted chicken (United Palace)

BMoore09BMoore09 Posts: 177
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I saw this review of the United Palace:

"Across the street from Malecon, the roast chicken mecca of Washington Heights, sits the monolithic United Palace Theater. Don't let the crumbled façade put you off. Inside, an intricately gilded interior takes the breath away from first-time concertgoers accustomed to drab downtown venues. The 3,000 plus former Loews movie palace (which occupies a full city block) was renovated in 1969 for its full-time residents, Reverend Ike and the Christ Community United Church. But outside booking has turned this house of worship into a house of rock for top flight indie and mainstream acts that lure a younger, largely non-Dominican congregation way, way uptown. "

Whats the Malecon? A place to eat? Anyone know what the reviewer is referring to?
West Palm Beach I, WPB II, Tampa, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville 2000
West Palm Beach 2003
Tampa 2003
The VIC - Chicago 2007
West Palm Beach 2008
Tampa 2008
Ed Solo 2008 NYC
Philly 10/30/2009
Columbus 2010
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    crjb1978crjb1978 Posts: 54
    its a little Dominican restaurant. Its really good food. they have the chickens in rotisseries in the window. My wife and I go all the time. If you like spanish/dominiacn food.... you will love it. not expensive either. Im surprised Ed's playing here. It is washington heights.... not the best neighborhood in town. all drugs available within 5 blocks. weird. maybe he wants to be on Broadway.
  • Options
    Malecon is open 24/7 so it will be the best bet for after show food. Not surprised that Eddie picked the united Palace. Neil Young played there and I am sure he mentioned it to Eddie as a great, rare venue to hit.
    Pearl Jam
    Houston, 9/5/92, Nacogdoches,11/20/93, Austin, 9/16/95, Dallas, 7/5/98, NYC MSG, 7/8/03, Letterman 10C fan show, 5/4/06, Irving plaza, 5/5/06, Camden 6/1/06, NYC MSG, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    Mansfield, 6/28/08, Austin @ ACL 10/4/09, Newark 5/18/10, MSG 5/21/10, Austin @ ACL 2012

Eddie Vedder
    NYC United Palace Theatre, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, Washington DC, 8/16/08, NYC Beacon Theatre 6/21/2011
  • Options
    looking for drugs?

spanish?
    umm do u know spain?

malecon is not spanish food it is dominican food

spanish and dominican are not interchangeable

crjb1978 wrote:
    its a little Dominican restaurant. Its really good food. they have the chickens in rotisseries in the window. My wife and I go all the time. If you like spanish/dominiacn food.... you will love it. not expensive either. Im surprised Ed's playing here. It is washington heights.... not the best neighborhood in town. all drugs available within 5 blocks. weird. maybe he wants to be on Broadway.
  • Options
    so no tthe best neighborhood in town?

yet u go to eat dinner in the block where all drugs are avail?

u also say ed is playing here, yet u r listed as mt. vernon

ugh!

crjb1978 wrote:
  • Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    We ate there before the show.
    Fantastic chicken and shrimp in garlic sauce !
    Not to mention some of the best San Gria I have ever had. If your hungry it's a no brainer.