Options

How bout "Pearl Jam Channel" on Satellite radio?

overstandoverstand Posts: 54
edited April 2008 in The Porch
The Dead have a channel on Sirius..not sure about XM. I would love it if there was a pj station on sat radio. They could play boots, rares, etc..there is so much music to go around...I think it would be great.

any thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Fantastic idea ! As a sirius subscriber it would be a dangerous heaven. Between a Pearl Jam channel and Howard Stern I may never leave my house again.
  • Options
    great idea!
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    I wish UK had satallite radio. :(
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    joebot wrote:
    Fantastic idea ! As a sirius subscriber it would be a dangerous heaven. Between a Pearl Jam channel and Howard Stern I may never leave my house again.

No kidding. I am like a moth to a lightbulb with Howard...but never really listened until last year when I got sirius. I bought it for work in my car, as i took a new job that has me in the car much more often... but.....for christmas i got the boombox for sirius..so i can listen in the house...and now it seems i never leave the house to go on any appointments...i guess it was the radio that was motivating me...

ps. what's up with Artie? you think he's off the show?
  • Options
    I think Artie will be back. He's always spouting off and threatening to leave the show but he knows that show has launched him into the big time. That being said I don't think he will sign another contract after the current one is up in 2 years.
  • Options
    agreed. He needs to get his shit together or we're going to see him dead in a hotel room.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    why would they make a ch. for pj?

what % of subscribers would listen?

that's right, less than 1%
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Online AOL RADIO has a Pearl Jam only station (AOL uses XM, but you don't have to subscribe).
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    it's called Lithium24....they play them like once or twice an hour. Everything. Betterman to Alive, to Habit
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    it's called Lithium24....they play them like once or twice an hour. Everything. Betterman to Alive, to Habit

lithium24=love. it was the first time i heard i got shit on the radio, i nearly died
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I think Sirius is available via computer in countries outside the continental US. I've heard Aussies call Howard , as well as folks from Poland and England.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Blind3 wrote:
    I think Sirius is available via computer in countries outside the continental US. I've heard Aussies call Howard , as well as folks from Poland and England.

I can confirm that sirius and Howard for that matter are pretty much world wide through the internet.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    I'd love an all pearl jam station but they aren't big enough for their own channel. Maybe back in 93.
  • Options
    TT98TT98 Posts: 134
    thunderDAN wrote:

Lithium is amazing, as much as I love pearl jam I like to hear a little variety on the radio. If I want to just listen to just PJ I will load up all my CDs. Still get a PJ song every 10 songs it seems plus alice in chains, nirvana and all my fav 90's grunge music.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,445
    You can get mp3's of Howard's show thru bit torrent.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    I work at Sirius and I would love to get a Pearl Jam or DMB channel set up! Just need to make connections first! haha

Lithium is a great channel and plays a crapload of Pearl Jam. The spectrum is a close second with pearl jam play i think
  • Options
    GremmieOOCGremmieOOC Posts: 167
    If the Dead, Bruce, and the Who can have a channel on Sirius, I think Pearl jam can. They have enough live stuff (not to mention radio broadcasts) to keep the channel going.

As for Artie, I think he is done on Howard. Actually, I think he is going to be found dead of an OD in Amsterdam. A depressed, recovering heroin addict, after a mental breakdown, in Amsterdam is a bad combo.
    Buffalo '96, Montreal '98, Saratoga '00, Toronto '03, Hamilton '05, Cleveland '06, MSG I '08, Mansfield I '08, Hamilton '11, Hartford '13, Charlotte '13
    EV-Montreal '08, Albany '09, Hartford '11
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    When I first started listening to Lithium (ch. 24 on sirius) they played a lot of PJ. I still hear a few songs a day. It is mostly grunge. It seems like Alice in Chains is on all the time.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    GremmieOOC wrote:
    If the Dead, Bruce, and the Who can have a channel on Sirius, I think Pearl jam can. They have enough live stuff (not to mention radio broadcasts) to keep the channel going.

As for Artie, I think he is done on Howard. Actually, I think he is going to be found dead of an OD in Amsterdam. A depressed, recovering heroin addict, after a mental breakdown, in Amsterdam is a bad combo.

It figures that the Artie breakdown happens a Thursday before a vacation...im dying to hear how this is gonna play out. Gotta wait another week i guess. If he is gone than we need to gear up for some Greg Fitzimmons as a replacement id presume.
  • Options
    ChrissybChrissyb Posts: 122
    Give Pearl Jam the Rolling Stones channel!!

I'm having major Stern withdrawel this morning.
    **find what you love, love what you find**
  • Options
    thecorythecory Posts: 290
    pj is my fav but no band can handle a radio channel. not bruce, stones, beatles , anyone.