Options

EV Bootleg Chances...

soultune0330soultune0330 Posts: 124
edited July 2008 in The Porch
What are the chances we will see some boots released for this leg of the tour? Thoughts?
Summerfest - Jul 08, 1995 / Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995
Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Oct 08, 2000
Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998 / Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998
United Center - Jun 18, 2003 / Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 21, 2003
Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004
United Center - May 16, 2006 / United Center - May 17, 2006
Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006 /Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
United Center - Aug 23, 2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    I would say 10%, but my gut tells me 0%. Maybe Ed wasn't comfortable with how the tour would come out on the West Coast, but since it was a huge success, maybe he is more comfortable with the results and willing to share the music on this new tour. I doubt it though.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Well I heard that after his tour ends bootlegs for his solo shows will be available.
    This guy's info is usually pretty accurate so I'm pretty confident this will happen! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Well I heard that after his tour ends bootlegs for his solo shows will be available.
    This guy's info is usually pretty accurate so I'm pretty confident this will happen! :D

i hope so!!

but other than you're contact, id vote for slim to no chance of boots coming out.

man, i really hope you're guy is right!!!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    Boots of complete shows, warts and all (and as much as i love Ed, there were a number of f**k ups at the 2 Vancouver shows)? I highly doubt it.

However i am holding out some hope that Ed will put together a Live on 2 Legish compilation of the tour.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    the wolf wrote:
    i hope so!!

but other than you're contact, id vote for slim to no chance of boots coming out.

man, i really hope you're guy is right!!!

Well Im not saying that it will happen just what I heard.., if it wasn't for what I heard i would probably say 0% chance as well.... so I hope what I heard is true!

:D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I think the odds are 50/50. I can only assume that perhaps he/The band wanted to size up how successful the 2008 boots would be before committing. The NO Taping policy makes a huge amount of sense as well.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    I wonder if we would have gotten "Lucifer's Theme" at San Diego II if there were official bootlegs or tapings allowed?

I'm thinking Ed wanted these shows to be like we were all sitting in his living room watching Ed playing guitar (and that is what it felt like being there). He could tell whatever stories he wanted and could call people out in the audience.
  • Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203
    are there any "unofficial" boots out there from the first leg of Ed's tour?
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options
    Hopper wrote:

i am not saying there are any, but i am not saying there aren't any.:D
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    simkin7074simkin7074 Posts: 249
    I think the chances would be higher for solo boots if there was less complaining about the quality of the ones that were just released...even then i think it would be a very slim chance
  • Options
    Hopper wrote:
    There is one "unofficial" boot from 2008-04-07 Zellerbach Auditorium, Berkeley, Ca. It is a really good copy.

http://www.thetradersden.org
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    ahh man, boots would be AMAZING! for the solo tour. they would be so crisp and clear .. being able to hear all his stories again would also be awesome.

10C PLEASE GIVE US ED BOOTLEGS! YOU NEVER FAIL US 10C!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    simkin7074 wrote:
    I think the chances would be higher for solo boots if there was less complaining about the quality of the ones that were just released...even then i think it would be a very slim chance

i agree!!! people are nuts! i haven't heard any yet, but on the new bootleg page, the little clips they have of dissident, who you are, and ef sound great!!
    people really do need to stop bitching about this and that. this band and 10c is awesome. they both do everything in their power to please us.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    There is one "unofficial" boot from 2008-04-07 Zellerbach Auditorium, Berkeley, Ca. It is a really good copy.

http://www.thetradersden.org

There are boots of all his west coast shows :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    i say it's 99.9% that there will be NO official recordings.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,408
    My guess is that there won't be a set of bootlegs. Considering that the sets were all so similar, I don't think it would be economically viable.

But I wouldn't be at all surprised if either one show was released or a compilation CD of the best of the tour.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    I'd say the chances are somewhere between Jack and Shit... and Jack just left town :)
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    0% official boot

50% non-official boot
    i like sound...
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    Fatal wrote:
    Boots of complete shows, warts and all (and as much as i love Ed, there were a number of f**k ups at the 2 Vancouver shows)? I highly doubt it.

However i am holding out some hope that Ed will put together a Live on 2 Legish compilation of the tour.

Due to the VERY similar setlists from each west coast show, I would think if anything, it would be a LO2L type compilation.
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    0% official boot

50% non-official boot

100% non-official boot
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    i say it's 99.9% that there will be NO official recordings.

So you're saaaaying there's a chance....
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    % chance ?

between slim and none :(

and that sucks...
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Every solo show is out there now if you do some searching.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12