Options

Lost Dogs & other vinyl LP's

Big Big WavesBig Big Waves Posts: 92
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Hey,

After looking all over the place online, I can't seem to locate Lost Dogs, Self Titled or Greatest Hits on Vinyl LP. I know they came out a while ago and I know how the vinyl game as changed over time, but I didn't think the newer releases would be so hard to find/expensive. These are the only 3 I need to complete my full length collection. Trade wise I have an extra copy of VS. , other than that, I can only offer a reasonable amount of $. Can anyone help me out with an extra copy or a tip for finding them, other than Ebay? Thanks.
94: 4-6, 96: 10-2, 98: 9-13, 03: 4-29, 7-2, 7-3, 7-8, 7-9, 7-11, 04: 10-1, 05: 10-3, 06: 5-5, 5-13, 5-24, 5-25, 6-1, 6-3, 08: 6-24, 6-25, 6-27, 6-30, 10: 5-15, 5-18, 5-20, 5-21, 12: 9-2, 13: 10-18, 10-19, 10-21, 10-22, 10-25, 10-27
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Let me check on the Lost Dogs for you. I have it and seen one at the record store the other day. I need VS!!!!!!!!!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    I have a copy of Self-Titled I'd consider trading for your Vs.; what kind of condition is it in?
    Ben
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    yahamita wrote:
    Let me check on the Lost Dogs for you. I have it and seen one at the record store the other day. I need VS!!!!!!!!!
    i'll trade you your Lost Dogs for a VS.... i have an extra in MINT condition... sealed... PM me if interested.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    NYbenben wrote:
    i'll trade ya a lost dogs for a VS....
    I will call the store right now to see if they still have it...I'll be right back with an answer.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    DAMN!!! They only have TEN and Riot Act..I knew I should have snagged that other one when I bought mine..I have one more place to check

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    foucaultfoucault Posts: 13
    I know they came out a while ago and I know how the vinyl game as changed over time, but I didn't think the newer releases would be so hard to find/expensive.

IIRC, the newer releases had limited print runs, so once they're snapped up, you have to search for them, like you would for the older ones.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    yahamita wrote:
    DAMN!!! They only have TEN and Riot Act..I knew I should have snagged that other one when I bought mine..I have one more place to check

They have Riot Act?! PM sent. :)
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    I just got overwhelmed with PM's for the Riot Act vinyl. I am heading to the record store at lunch to grab it. I hate to sound greedy, but with all the offers I received, is there anyone willing to trade something for it? and does anyone need TEN while I'm there?

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    I just got overwhelmed with PM's for the Riot Act vinyl. I am heading to the record store at lunch to grab it. I hate to sound greedy, but with all the offers I received, is there anyone willing to trade something for it? and does anyone need TEN while I'm there?

I have either of the EV April Fools tour posters I would trade.

And I could use TEN if it's the original (not the re-released vinyl from earlier this year).

Thanks, you are an awesome person for going out of your way to pick these up!

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    I have either of the EV April Fools tour posters I would trade.

And I could use TEN if it's the original (not the re-released vinyl from earlier this year).

Thanks, you are an awesome person for going out of your way to pick these up!
    I'll take the poster! I have one, but not the other...I'll check TEN to see if its the original. What is the difference? I didn't know it was re-released this year

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    I would check Ebay and then google and stuff. They're usually not that bad.

Benaroya on the other hand..
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    Thanks for the help everyone. I'm still looking and trying to track these down. Honestly, I'm really happy to see people helping each other out on here. I mean, going to the store and picking up vinyls for people...awesome! PM me if you have any extras. Cheers.
    94: 4-6, 96: 10-2, 98: 9-13, 03: 4-29, 7-2, 7-3, 7-8, 7-9, 7-11, 04: 10-1, 05: 10-3, 06: 5-5, 5-13, 5-24, 5-25, 6-1, 6-3, 08: 6-24, 6-25, 6-27, 6-30, 10: 5-15, 5-18, 5-20, 5-21, 12: 9-2, 13: 10-18, 10-19, 10-21, 10-22, 10-25, 10-27
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    I'll take the poster! I have one, but not the other...I'll check TEN to see if its the original. What is the difference? I didn't know it was re-released this year

Awesome! When you get back from the record store, PM me and we can exchange addresses, etc. I'll also need to know which of the EV posters you need.

The re-release of TEN was a European import. Just look on the back cover for the copyright dates. The re-release has a 1991 copyright listed first, but it is followed by a 2007 copyright date on the same line.

Thanks again!

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    I have them all unopened (including ITW), but Benny Hall. I will trade any of them for a Benny
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,242
    I have a sealed copy of S/T....looking for an Endless summer poster or Bonnaroo Elvis!

Peace

Welcome to Chicago Eddie, see you in August!
  • Options
    I'm searching the Benaroya Hall lp, ebay is too expensive!

I can trade with cd (Rarified&Live promo cd set), lps (almost all) and posters (South America pig, Melbourne March 1998 Ames, Eddie Vedder April Fools Tour 08 Klausen (hard sun) s/n, 2008 Eddie Vedder April Fools Tour (blue) s/n, 2008 Eddie Vedder Kenyon Hall s/n, Italy 06 s/n)
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS 3
  • Options
    I'm searching the Benaroya Hall lp, ebay is too expensive!

I can trade with cd (Rarified&Live promo cd set), lps (almost all) and posters (South America pig, Melbourne March 1998 Ames, Eddie Vedder April Fools Tour 08 Klausen (hard sun) s/n, 2008 Eddie Vedder April Fools Tour (blue) s/n, 2008 Eddie Vedder Kenyon Hall s/n, Italy 06 s/n)

In many, many years of searching, the only offer I have EVER heard from someone who was willing to trade their Benaroya LP was for tickets to the Vic show. Ouch.

You have some awesome stuff to trade, by the way!

• Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    LukinFan wrote:
    I have them all unopened (including ITW), but Benny Hall. I will trade any of them for a Benny

I have opened a few of mine...like Yield and Ten...Had to hear them on the player....I am also missing Benny and ITW hoping to at least get my hands on ITW...lol
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    I have opened a few of mine...like Yield and Ten...Had to hear them on the player....I am also missing Benny and ITW hoping to at least get my hands on ITW...lol
    I don't own a record player, so I figured, why open them? :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I don't own a record player, so I figured, why open them? :)

Buy one.........PJ on vinyl sounds sooooooooooo sweet!!!
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    Buy one.........PJ on vinyl sounds sooooooooooo sweet!!!
    I've heard No Code is incredible. For now, they are all just sitting in a storage box in my closet- kind of sad, I know
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    yahamita wrote:
    I'm sure it's not the original- the re-released one is very easy to find
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I've heard No Code is incredible. For now, they are all just sitting in a storage box in my closet- kind of sad, I know

That is one that I have not opened...lol
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I'm sure it's not the original- the re-released one is very easy to find
    It wasn't, but if anyone wants that one, I can run and grab it. The record store is 2 blocks from where I work

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    yahamita wrote:
    It wasn't, but if anyone wants that one, I can run and grab it. The record store is 2 blocks from where I work

I'll pay you for the Riot Act -- I PM'd you the other day...anyway, as long as it isn't $50 or something like that...

PS. It's vedderesque's 40th birthday today. He says he's going to get all his hair chopped off...nooooooooo!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    It is worth opening, records are made to be played, not stored.
  • Options
    It is worth opening, records are made to be played, not stored.

That is true...I play most of mine...But some I just don't want to open...
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    release30 wrote:

you really should, as should they themselves....great great artwork...
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    you really should, as should they themselves....great great artwork...

You know what...Fuck it...I think I am going to....Gonna sit back sip some whisky and listen to No Code on Vinyl...I'll let you know how it sounds to me...Cheers
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    If anyone has Yield on vinyl for a reasonable price, I'd love to buy it off them :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1