Options

Tomorrow morning . . .

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited April 2008 in The Porch
. . . look in your history books and figure out why it's an important day to remember . . . tomorrow morning.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Atlanta 1994
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    shot rings out in the Memphis sky?
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    Haha, cool! i knew what this would be soon as i read "tomorrow morning"... I was just listening to the show a couple of nights ago. great stuff.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    Sad day in American History, but that show as I've said many times.......simply the best PJ show ever.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    Mansfield tickets on sale!!
  • Options
    I would have to agree that Atlanta 94 was one of the best shows that Pearl Jam has ever done. I remember listening to Q101 in Chicago during the live broadcast with my best friend from high school. If it wasn't for my buddy Matt introducing me to Pearl Jam during that time I wouldn't have spent thousand of dollars the past 10 plus years on this great band.

Who can forget some of the great versions of Betterman, Once, Already in Love (Satans Bed) 10 min version of Porch. The show was clean, Ed's voice was dead on ALL NIGHT! I still listen to this show all the time. Plus, you must remember, DAVE A WAS THE DRUMMER.... I know everyone loves Matt, I do as well. But those who are DAVE A lovers, we would die to hear him play the sticks for one more night with Pearl Jam.

Ahhh, a boy can dream cant he? To be 15 again playing Pearl Jam and having your whole life ahead of you.
    There is NO time like the present to get ripped apart.

Chicago 95
    Alpine 98
    Indy and Alpine 00
    St. Louis, Champaign, Chicago, Indy 03
    St. Louis 04
    Thuderbay 05
    Chicago 1 and 2, Pitt, Cincy, Las Vegas, Portland, Gorge 1 and 2, Hawaii 06
    Lolla 07
    Hartford, Boston 1 and 2 08
  • Options
    aw, that was my first PJ bootleg. I paid like $30 for it, which was a lot. "Black Pearl", i still have it.

It says "All songs by Veder..."
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    I still get goose bumps thinking about when the lights went out, the crowd roar deafening, candles lit, bats/monkeys on stage, hearing the first notes of Release.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    Best early PJ boot, for sure. And a truly terrible day in US History - 4/4/68, that is.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I still think it is the best version of Jeremy I have ever heard.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I still think it is the best version of Jeremy I have ever heard.

Can someone direct me as to where I can download (free or not) the ATL concert?
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    aw, that was my first PJ bootleg. I paid like $30 for it, which was a lot. "Black Pearl", i still have it.

It says "All songs by Veder..."

That is part of the MP3 revolution that I don't think people really understand. I dropped so much money on bad recordings of shows back in the day!! Now I just torrent all the shows I want! It was either that or taping the radio shows that palyed concerts.
    This ATL show was the first one I downloaded and it was TAO (two second gaps between songs) and one song took like 3 hours because of dial-up AOL. It sounded terrible and was nearly impossible to listen to straight through, but it was great for me!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    LongerRoad wrote:
    Can someone direct me as to where I can download (free or not) the ATL concert?

It's probably somewhere in the Download thread: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=213441
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    I picked up a Italian release of this show in '95 at Eat More Records in Atlanta for $50.00.
    It was used, but is still my most favorite pj artifact of all time.
    It's awesome having a CD of a show you were actually at. That is one of the things that makes being a pj fan so great.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Actually, MLK was shot in the early evening...despite what U2 says....I read that somewhere..
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:
    That is part of the MP3 revolution that I don't think people really understand. I dropped so much money on bad recordings of shows back in the day!! Now I just torrent all the shows I want! It was either that or taping the radio shows that palyed concerts.
    This ATL show was the first one I downloaded and it was TAO (two second gaps between songs) and one song took like 3 hours because of dial-up AOL. It sounded terrible and was nearly impossible to listen to straight through, but it was great for me!

my first downloaded boot was Blind Melon at the Vancouver Commodore Ballroom. Dial-up and all. not a bad recording, though.

My first boot of a show i was AT was Randall's Island 96. Sometime in 97 someone sent me a letter (yes, a letter!) and said they got my address from somewhere (i forget where) that showed that i was at the show. He included a list of shows he had recorded, and for $9.95 he would send me a cassette copy of the show. i was so stoked. so, against my parents' better judgement, i stuck $10 in the mail, and whatdayaknow, a week or 2 later a double cassette copy of my show came in the mail. that was my first faith in PJ mankind. This is one of the few cassettes i still have.

ah, the good ol' days ;)
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    Actually, MLK was shot in the early evening...despite what U2 says....I read that somewhere..

yeah, i never really understood that lyric. why couldn't he have just written "early evenin' . . . april 4 . . . "?