Options

For those going to show with children

Comments

• Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    My daughter, who is 7, wants to go with to a concert so bad. I'm not ready to let her do that. I just get too crazy and have too much fun. The last thing I want to be worrying about is her whining "I have to go potty", "I can't see" or something stupid like that while I'm getting my rock on.

I am selfish.

I will take her someday when I can be sure that I...

a) Won't be too fucked up

or...

ok, there is only an "a" in that list. :D
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Still at it -eh? I told my kids about this thread that I've been reading the last couple of days and asked them their opinion on it(since they've actually been to a show or two) They said no way should any kids younger than them attend a PJ show!!!!!!!!!! :)

Eh ... they're biased. Probably 10C members who want better seats. ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    prljmngrlprljmngrl Posts: 320
    I think your point gets lost because of how you chose to express it. Calling kids "brats" (earlier post) is rude. My child isn't a brat and if that's how you feel about children, dont have any.
    Why do you care so much if children are there? How does a child being there make it "less cool" for you??
    It's weird to like the same music as your parents? Huh? I grew up listening to the Beatles, Stones -- all sorts of Classic Rock and my parents liked it too! That's cool IMO. Just bc I'm a parent I need to listen to crap? or bc I have a child he or she should listen to baby music? Come on.
    Well, if Ed brought his adorable daughter to hang out onstage for the entire concert bopping around, dancing, singing, talking into mikes or banging on equiptment and he stopped the show a few times to tend to a fuss of one sort or another, would you still say "I don't care that his child is there. It is cool"? After all, by the argument on this board, he has every right to have her up there. Or would the utter distraction of it all ruin the concert for you?
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    prljmngrl wrote:
    Well, if Ed brought his adorable daughter to hang out onstage for the entire concert bopping around, dancing, singing, talking into mikes or banging on equiptment and he stopped the show a few times to tend to a fuss of one sort or another, would you still say "I don't care that his child is there. It is cool"? After all, by the argument on this board, he has every right to have her up there. Or would the utter distraction of it all ruin the concert for you?
    eddie once had a child onstage....

doing just that....

his name was Dennis Rodman....

and yes it was distracting....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    ctvedheadctvedhead Posts: 58
    smithnic wrote:
    You're clueless and trying to be friends with your kid. Both are screwing up your kids. Sorry I had to tell you, but someone has to.
    Sorry you feel that way. When your kids are smoking crack trying to get away from your overbearing tendencies, you'll wish you were friends. Being friends with my kid is not the goal. It was to show her how an old style arena show was done, and they did it right.

You're preacher may have his bible up your ass, but in this world, if you are worried that seeing nudity or hearing profanity is so bad, I think you are growing up with your head up your ass.

I have seen hundreds of concerts and not seen naked women at almost any. In this case, they were "plants" or models from the band planted in the crowd, it was tasteless and unnecessary, but highly unusual and I had no idea it was coming.

There were tons of kids there. Ever been to a Kiss show? Ever been to a Rolling Stones show? Madonna? My kid is 13 now, and I think Im going to take her to see PJ in Hartford. Maybe she'll flash her tits at Eddie Vedder. Get a life, you bible thumping Dr Spock wanna be.
    if you call me Cupcake again I'll make fun of your knee socks and whistle
  • Options
    wow, someone hit a nerve for the previous poster. It sounds like he was abused by the good book in his tender years.
  • Options
    I would never bring a child under ten in the crowd area, if we had a box, or back stage it would change the circumstance.
    I think its so funny moms need to bring their babies to hear Ed. Like its so relevant in their life.
    Keep under 10 year olds home.
    there are concerts for children. And to bring your kid to motley crue, are you fucking nuts, flying boobs would be the least of my concerns.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    flying boobs
    LOL flying boobs!

Are you refering to the female anatomy or to the parents who bring little kids to adult concerts?! :)
  • Options
    ctvedhead wrote:
    Sorry you feel that way. When your kids are smoking crack trying to get away from your overbearing tendencies, you'll wish you were friends. Being friends with my kid is not the goal. It was to show her how an old style arena show was done, and they did it right.

You're preacher may have his bible up your ass, but in this world, if you are worried that seeing nudity or hearing profanity is so bad, I think you are growing up with your head up your ass.

I have seen hundreds of concerts and not seen naked women at almost any. In this case, they were "plants" or models from the band planted in the crowd, it was tasteless and unnecessary, but highly unusual and I had no idea it was coming.

There were tons of kids there. Ever been to a Kiss show? Ever been to a Rolling Stones show? Madonna? My kid is 13 now, and I think Im going to take her to see PJ in Hartford. Maybe she'll flash her tits at Eddie Vedder. Get a life, you bible thumping Dr Spock wanna be.

You miss the whole point. Who cares about nudity.
    Why do they have so much security.
    Its not like they have this much security at the mall or resturaunt.
    Honestly,
    Its fucking dangerous.
    They sell alchohol, in large quanities to alot of people. this really is no place for a child.
    Especially motlet crue there fans are a buch of major partiers.
    You have to ask yourself.
    Is there more good or bad that can come from this.
    Write the pros and cons down.
    Youd be suprised the only pro would be letting her see an arena show.
    Which is not real important.
    vs getting hurt
    lost, knocked down in .
    I mean im sure if she got thrown for a loop, by accident her fear would be something she remembered the rest of her life vs a cheezey tommy lee rolloer coaster drum solo.
    I can still remeber my dad arguing with someone at an Eagles game, dont remeber the game at all though.
    Pj would have been a way better choice after she turned 10.
    Ive been at shows were my wife got pushed around.

no more shows
  • Options
    prljmngrl wrote:
    LOL flying boobs!

Are you refering to the female anatomy or to the parents who bring little kids to adult concerts?! :)

Naked women is not going to harm anyone.

Heres a great example at pj. camden.

Securites do strange shit, they make you park far away,walk long distances
    than thye close doors or they dont open some, you get stuck behind crowds pushing and screaming, I get anoyed when I with a dude.
    Than what if the band doesnt go on, its possible, than you 15 thousand drunken peole like me stumbling, and god knows what happens.
    What if the power goes out.
    I would have nightmares prob. If outside what if it rains.
    When you walk in arenas they make you walk fucking circles to get to your seats, the bathroon scenese are very bad and scary, I get people running by screaming all the time.
    foget about the weed and boobs.
    Alot can go wrong, alot.
    Leaving can also get crazy, how many drunk drivers doo you think are in hte ten mile radious
    im guessing 90 percent.
    That alone is a horrifying statistic, thqat actually is making me start to think.
    So you figure there is a 20 percent chance something you cant control is going to happen
    If you think about it if theres more than 1 percent chance of something I cant control once i am there but can if I dont go, you bet my kid is staying home.

no more shows
  • Options
    You miss the whole point. Who cares about nudity.
    Why do they have so much security.
    Its not like they have this much security at the mall or resturaunt.
    Honestly,
    Its fucking dangerous.
    They sell alchohol, in large quanities to alot of people. this really is no place for a child.
    Especially motlet crue there fans are a buch of major partiers.
    You have to ask yourself.
    Is there more good or bad that can come from this.
    Write the pros and cons down.
    Youd be suprised the only pro would be letting her see an arena show.
    Which is not real important.
    vs getting hurt
    lost, knocked down in .
    I mean im sure if she got thrown for a loop, by accident her fear would be something she remembered the rest of her life vs a cheezey tommy lee rolloer coaster drum solo.
    I can still remeber my dad arguing with someone at an Eagles game, dont remeber the game at all though.
    Pj would have been a way better choice after she turned 10.
    Ive been at shows were my wife got pushed around.
    OK your logic is not right however. My whole point is that I felt that she was mature enough to attend a concert for most of the reasons you outline. If you feel your child is not, so be it. Same for any parent. My kid was/is very tall for her age, she was a full head above her classmates for several yrs, so I don't exactly worry about her falling down and cracking her skull open. And Im no little man either. She sees drunken slobs at every family event that make Motley concerts seem like a night at the Chess club. I grew up in a neighborhood seeing shit my daughter wont ever see, I don't go through life guided by fear. I live a good life, have raised a very smart, very responsible young woman and I have always been friends with her. Is that a crime?

Im curious to know, have you ever been to a Crue concert? If not how do you know they are partiers? Im also curious to know do you have kids? The point is, who are you to pass judgment on other people's judgment? Kids can get hurt skiing, should we stop? Kids get hurt on school buses? Should I drive her? I already stated that we had nose bleed seats, we weren't exactly moshing. My kid had a cell phone, and knew how to use it. She was with me and six adults. She had ear plugs. I personally find video games much more hazardous than rock and roll, but I dont pass judgment on those whose kids spend their whole youths playing PS3 and watching pro wrestling. Your life is not mine, your kid is not mine. Your fears are not mine. Your values, your anything...that all Im saying.

Furthermore, you actually made my next point! Kids at sports events are every where. Why is that OK? I had taken my kid to Yankee stadium for Beanie Baby day and it was like taking her to a Naval bar in the Philippines. It was the most drunken, vulgar, immature crowd I've ever seen. Where should my judgment have been on Beanie Baby day? What good could come of going to Yankee stadium with your kid on Beanie Baby Day? Why don't you write down the possibilities, and let me know.
  • Options
    ctvedhead wrote:
    OK your logic is not right however. My whole point is that I felt that she was mature enough to attend a concert for most of the reasons you outline. If you feel your child is not, so be it. Same for any parent. My kid was/is very tall for her age, she was a full head above her classmates for several yrs, so I don't exactly worry about her falling down and cracking her skull open. And Im no little man either. She sees drunken slobs at every family event that make Motley concerts seem like a night at the Chess club. I grew up in a neighborhood seeing shit my daughter wont ever see, I don't go through life guided by fear. I live a good life, have raised a very smart, very responsible young woman and I have always been friends with her. Is that a crime?

Im curious to know, have you ever been to a Crue concert? If not how do you know they are partiers? Im also curious to know do you have kids? The point is, who are you to pass judgment on other people's judgment? Kids can get hurt skiing, should we stop? Kids get hurt on school buses? Should I drive her? I already stated that we had nose bleed seats, we weren't exactly moshing. My kid had a cell phone, and knew how to use it. She was with me and six adults. She had ear plugs. I personally find video games much more hazardous than rock and roll, but I dont pass judgment on those whose kids spend their whole youths playing PS3 and watching pro wrestling. Your life is not mine, your kid is not mine. Your fears are not mine. Your values, your anything...that all Im saying.

Furthermore, you actually made my next point! Kids at sports events are every where. Why is that OK? I had taken my kid to Yankee stadium for Beanie Baby day and it was like taking her to a Naval bar in the Philippines. It was the most drunken, vulgar, immature crowd I've ever seen. Where should my judgment have been on Beanie Baby day? What good could come of going to Yankee stadium with your kid on Beanie Baby Day? Why don't you write down the possibilities, and let me know.

Heres my answer.
    Yes most recent brand new tatoo tour. I was 20 rows back, The 3 people I was with are die hards, 6/4, 6/1, 5/7 and fat. They trampled over rows to get to the front with about 1/2 hour left.
    I saw them open for ozzyin 83. I lied to my parents and went with my firends dad who was divorced, and drank and drive, and had a gun in the house we used to fir at his apartment complex, in a suburb.
    Shit was whack, I was scared but thought I was cool.
    I was 12. The show made me feel cool and tuff.
    I also saw them in like 87 or 88, there were tons of people selling coke in the3 parking lot

I just read nikkis book where he mentions driving drunk and smashing the limo at the venue, swear to gad it was a tthe 87 88 show I was at, it was in philly. I mean vince killed someone . at one point go figure that.
    I am kinda trying to be funny here, not sounding like a grandma, but being sarcastic. I am fucking crazy at shows.
    I have 2 kids, girls and they are not ready for it.
    1 is 13 1 is 8.
    They have been to all the concerts they should be.
    Like 5 each, I cant type their names of the bands on htis measage board I dont want to make people cringe,, but they felt just as good as we do when ITS OVER SO THE SEED IS PLANTED.

no more shows
  • Options
    Jer1Jer1 Posts: 12
    I've found a lot of times, parents bring their kids to these things because they think the kid SHOULD be into it ... not because the kid actually IS into it ... or the kid isn't into it at nearly level it would require to sustain interest for about three hours.

You've seen these kids at various events before. They look like they are in hell. Why would anyone do that to a child?

*Note to all parents reading this: I'm not referring to your kid. Your kid loves Pearl Jam, knows all the words to Lukin and can name all the drummers in succession. I'm talking about other people's kids.

This post made me laugh...and it's 100% accurate. Nice work.
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    I was really torn on this one ... PJ for a kids show? In the end, I decided not ...

I agree with most that this is too long, too loud, and too many variables :) among the crowd for young kids, at least under the roof in Mansfield.

Mine are 11 and 9 and they were stoked at the idea of this being their first rock concert, but hey. Taking them to see Jethro Tull at Mohegan Sun in August instead. I think they'll enjoy this more (they love the Best of Acoustics compilation), and it's likely to be a safer environment. Any family folks want to tag along? :D

--

Plus, now I can go with a grown-up to Mansfield - just scored awesome seats with parking!! Yay!
  • Options
    Heres my answer.
    Yes most recent brand new tatoo tour. I was 20 rows back, The 3 people I was with are die hards, 6/4, 6/1, 5/7 and fat. They trampled over rows to get to the front with about 1/2 hour left.
    I saw them open for ozzyin 83. I lied to my parents and went with my firends dad who was divorced, and drank and drive, and had a gun in the house we used to fir at his apartment complex, in a suburb.
    Shit was whack, I was scared but thought I was cool.
    I was 12. The show made me feel cool and tuff.
    I also saw them in like 87 or 88, there were tons of people selling coke in the3 parking lot

I just read nikkis book where he mentions driving drunk and smashing the limo at the venue, swear to gad it was a tthe 87 88 show I was at, it was in philly. I mean vince killed someone . at one point go figure that.
    I am kinda trying to be funny here, not sounding like a grandma, but being sarcastic. I am fucking crazy at shows.
    I have 2 kids, girls and they are not ready for it.
    1 is 13 1 is 8.
    They have been to all the concerts they should be.
    Like 5 each, I cant type their names of the bands on htis measage board I dont want to make people cringe,, but they felt just as good as we do when ITS OVER SO THE SEED IS PLANTED.
    OK, I don't know where you go to concerts, but I have never seen a coke deal go down in public, and I've been to dozens of Dead shows back in the day. If you saw people selling coke market style at shows, than you made the right choice not to take your kid. I personally find that a little far fetched, if you are not being sarcastic.

So if your kids are 8 and 13 and they have been to 5 concerts,why is my kids choice in music (which coincides with my own as I am the one who picks the tunes in the house) dangerous and reckless and your kids safe. You have obviously fogged your own preconceived notions with your own experiences and you don't know where your convictions end and your fears begin. I would imagine the shows your kids saw were a result of their begging to go, well who was it? Britanny Spears? Great role model. Hannah Montana? Talk about polluting your kid?

I realize that for the vast majority of people, motley is not among their upper teir of favorite groups. But in my house, they are. Motleys book is full of embellishments, its well known and admitted by Nikki. Much of the accounts of his current book have been debated. Vince killed someone, yes but he went to jail. He served his sentence, paid millions in restitution etc. Im not not defending him but Eddie Vedder hangs around with a man on Death Row. How do you explain that to your kid?

Im not embarrassed to say that I love any band. If I loved Hannah Montana, I would start a thread about how much she and Eddie Vedder should record a duet. I get the feeling Im quite a bit older than the average PJ fan and you. The Crue are part of my generation. I have Motley posters in my home office and framed Motley art work next to my PJ posters. Also AC/DC Rush Van Halen and tons more. If you are feeding your kids crap that your embarrassed to even share here, than who is really doing whats best and whats not. The point here is that you can decide for yourself, but don't stand high on your horse and look down at me. I personally think your kids are going to have serious problems adjusting in adult life due to the fact that their parents convinced them that the world is a predictable place. Go here, there will not be drunk drivers, but go here and you'll die!!!! How could you possibly be that knowledgeable. The people Vince killed weren't at a Motely concert. Some girl went missing at a PJ concert last tour. Did their parents protect them enough? If only those parents had done more....would those people be alive?
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    prljmngrl wrote:

well,no, but in all due respect, I doubt HIGHLY that he would say "Ok, I have decided to take out 5 songs so you can hear the adorable way my daughter sings 'The Wiggles'."

(disclaimer: I am sure she sings quite sweet;all little kids do. And I am sure I would think it was a very neat "Dad" thing to do from someone I have a great deal of respect for both professionally and again, with great respect for the privacy he deserves, I respect what I know of what he has shared regarding his private life as well. And I am not sure she listens to The Wiggles, I imagine she is quite affluent in the musical sense and has a far wide offerring of music.)

But also, Eddie and the girl's mommy I would think would have a backup; i.e., nanny, relative, friend, whatever, that would come in and take the little one for a break to have her feel calm again if she were to have a bad day.....or moment.......
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    corduroid wrote:
    Mine are 11 and 9 and they were stoked at the idea of this being their first rock concert, but hey. Taking them to see Jethro Tull at Mohegan Sun in August instead.

Child abuse.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    ctvedhead wrote:
    OK, I don't know where you go to concerts, but I have never seen a coke deal go down in public, and I've been to dozens of Dead shows back in the day. If you saw people selling coke market style at shows, than you made the right choice not to take your kid. I personally find that a little far fetched, if you are not being sarcastic.

So if your kids are 8 and 13 and they have been to 5 concerts,why is my kids choice in music (which coincides with my own as I am the one who picks the tunes in the house) dangerous and reckless and your kids safe. You have obviously fogged your own preconceived notions with your own experiences and you don't know where your convictions end and your fears begin. I would imagine the shows your kids saw were a result of their begging to go, well who was it? Britanny Spears? Great role model. Hannah Montana? Talk about polluting your kid?

I realize that for the vast majority of people, motley is not among their upper teir of favorite groups. But in my house, they are. Motleys book is full of embellishments, its well known and admitted by Nikki. Much of the accounts of his current book have been debated. Vince killed someone, yes but he went to jail. He served his sentence, paid millions in restitution etc. Im not not defending him but Eddie Vedder hangs around with a man on Death Row. How do you explain that to your kid?

Im not embarrassed to say that I love any band. If I loved Hannah Montana, I would start a thread about how much she and Eddie Vedder should record a duet. I get the feeling Im quite a bit older than the average PJ fan and you. The Crue are part of my generation. I have Motley posters in my home office and framed Motley art work next to my PJ posters. Also AC/DC Rush Van Halen and tons more. If you are feeding your kids crap that your embarrassed to even share here, than who is really doing whats best and whats not. The point here is that you can decide for yourself, but don't stand high on your horse and look down at me. I personally think your kids are going to have serious problems adjusting in adult life due to the fact that their parents convinced them that the world is a predictable place. Go here, there will not be drunk drivers, but go here and you'll die!!!! How could you possibly be that knowledgeable. The people Vince killed weren't at a Motely concert. Some girl went missing at a PJ concert last tour. Did their parents protect them enough? If only those parents had done more....would those people be alive?

You just are missingthe point completely, if you read my post you would put togehter how old I am and where I was comming from.
    I FOGGED MY PRE CONCIEVED NOTIONS, I DONT KNOW WHERE MY FEARS BEGIN AND END, YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT BANDS I AM TALKING ABOUT AND YOU ARE MAKING FUN OF THE SITUATION.

ITS THIS SIMPLE. I do not want my children at rock concerts where people are getting drunk til they are older, the longer I can keep them away, the less chance of trouble.
    In philly at dead shows people walk around and sell drugs, ever hear of shake down street. Most shows its an intense atmosphere. Now when my children are into it and accept it for what it is they can go with me any time.
    AS far as your britnay comment, when she toured 5 years agao she wasnt this fucked up, nowadays she doesnt tour.
    so that reply made no sense.,As far as polluting my kids with hannah, what am I supposed to do tell them they cant listen to her. wtf would that be
    neither of those 2 bands have my kids seen.
    they like the jonas brothers.

no more shows
  • Options
    Are you fucking whacked.

lET ME GIVE YOU A CRASH COURSE ON PARENTING WHILE YOU ARE PASSING JUDGEMENT ON ME.

1 we are talking about a motley crue concert, you are severley mis guided and directed for taking your daughter to that show.
    If you dont see it you have 0 idea whats going on in this world..

2 my kids have freedom of choice with everyhting, I baught my kids I touches for xmas, my lil comes to me and says dad I dont like music all that much can I take it back
    i said yes. She also doesnt like th jonas brothers as much and asked to skip the show my wife and daughter are going to, I said no problem. My older daughter doesnt not like the music I play in the house, we have differant times we share all of our music and we talk about both genres and I try to teach her the differance in the 2.

3 I use other platforms to bond with my kids, yes music was my fav forum of bonding when i was a kid, but I have learned that in a quality family in order to be functional everyone gets to express who they are and we are all vastly differant.
    I coach competitve soccer with my lil and I do a movie thing with my older. I cook differant food with my older and watch hours of old tv shows reruns with my lil beforen bed.

Its called balance.
    Music is secondary in my house to everyone but me.
    my younger child likes the football eagles
    my older like animals.
    they have been to europe, and at least 25 differant states from travelling.

And dont you ever underestimate the importance of staying away from drunk drivers, the only defense you can teach is to avoid them.
    I would not want my fresh 17 year old driving into philly going to a crue concert i would try me dammest to get them a form of transportation, I have lost 2 differant friends to drunk drivers in the wrong place at the wrong time
    1 new years eve
    the other leaving her job in a local nigtht club district in philly.
    I am sorry for taking that part a lil serious.

no more shows
  • Options
    Ha ha I know right? I'm a "new" stepmom. I've been his mommy for a year now. (he doesnt have a "real" mom so I have stepped up for the duty)

This is his look when I told him he can't go to a Pearl Jam show bc he'd make it "uncool" for others.. he he he.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/WildChildR/skyler.jpg

awesome!
    you're a big person for stepping up to that task.
    i hope it brings you an overwhelming sense of satisfaction.

He sure is giving you quite the look. lol.
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    awesome!
    you're a big person for stepping up to that task.
    i hope it brings you an overwhelming sense of satisfaction.

He sure is giving you quite the look. lol.
    :D

Why thank you. :) It's really cool when you hear a little person calling you "Mommy." I was so thrown by that at first but now it's so cute. I am enjoying having him in my life... for sure. He is a mini version of his dad, so it's so cute to see them together.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    This will be my son's first PJ concert and he is 12. He grew up hearing PJ and has played guitar since he was 6. I see nothing wrong with bringing a mature preteen to a show that he will enjoy tremendously as well as knows all the words to the songs. He is mature for his age and will handle the pot, crazy drunks, and tit-tay flashes just fine with a few smirks. He has seen GreenDay with me and several local bands and has yet to burn down the house, wear women's clothes, or ruin anyone else's show for them . I think it's up to the parent to know if their child is ready to take this all in and grow from it. Some kids are more aware and accepting than others and that's what it's about IMO. When I was a few years older than he, my mom stood in a ticketmaster line to get my friends and me tickets for David Bowie (1973/74) at the Tower in Philly. Although the times were different if she hadn't given me that chance I would have missed one of the best and most memorable shows ever (still a classic live album). Also none of us in attendance were psychologically harmed or damaged by the experience. My point is if you love music and it's part of your lifestyle, then why not experience that with your kid if they share that love as well and are mature enough to get over the more adult aspects of concert going today.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    FoxyMHMama wrote:
    This will be my son's first PJ concert and he is 12. He grew up hearing PJ and has played guitar since he was 6. I see nothing wrong with bringing a mature preteen to a show that he will enjoy tremendously as well as knows all the words to the songs. He is mature for his age and will handle the pot, crazy drunks, and tit-tay flashes just fine with a few smirks. He has seen GreenDay with me and several local bands and has yet to burn down the house, wear women's clothes, or ruin anyone else's show for them . I think it's up to the parent to know if their child is ready to take this all in and grow from it. Some kids are more aware and accepting than others and that's what it's about IMO. When I was a few years older than he, my mom stood in a ticketmaster line to get my friends and me tickets for David Bowie (1973/74) at the Tower in Philly. Although the times were different if she hadn't given me that chance I would have missed one of the best and most memorable shows ever (still a classic live album). Also none of us in attendance were psychologically harmed or damaged by the experience. My point is if you love music and it's part of your lifestyle, then why not experience that with your kid if they share that love as well and are mature enough to get over the more adult aspects of concert going today.

Now this makes sense.
    Have fun.
    Your son will have the time of his life. just be carefull, 12 is a good age to start, it is so much differant than 8 or 9.
    pearl jam is also not motley crue, where are sitting.

no more shows
  • Options
    Are you fucking whacked.

lET ME GIVE YOU A CRASH COURSE ON PARENTING WHILE YOU ARE PASSING JUDGEMENT ON ME.

1 we are talking about a motley crue concert, you are severley mis guided and directed for taking your daughter to that show.
    If you dont see it you have 0 idea whats going on in this world..

2 my kids have freedom of choice with everyhting, I baught my kids I touches for xmas, my lil comes to me and says dad I dont like music all that much can I take it back
    i said yes. She also doesnt like th jonas brothers as much and asked to skip the show my wife and daughter are going to, I said no problem. My older daughter doesnt not like the music I play in the house, we have differant times we share all of our music and we talk about both genres and I try to teach her the differance in the 2.

3 I use other platforms to bond with my kids, yes music was my fav forum of bonding when i was a kid, but I have learned that in a quality family in order to be functional everyone gets to express who they are and we are all vastly differant.
    I coach competitve soccer with my lil and I do a movie thing with my older. I cook differant food with my older and watch hours of old tv shows reruns with my lil beforen bed.

Its called balance.
    Music is secondary in my house to everyone but me.
    my younger child likes the football eagles
    my older like animals.
    they have been to europe, and at least 25 differant states from travelling.

And dont you ever underestimate the importance of staying away from drunk drivers, the only defense you can teach is to avoid them.
    I would not want my fresh 17 year old driving into philly going to a crue concert i would try me dammest to get them a form of transportation, I have lost 2 differant friends to drunk drivers in the wrong place at the wrong time
    1 new years eve
    the other leaving her job in a local nigtht club district in philly.
    I am sorry for taking that part a lil serious.
    You said previously it would have been fine for me to take a ten yr old to a PJ show? My daughter was 3 wks shy of her 10th Bday at that Crue concert, how does that change things. There was not a hint of pot in the air all night, never had that happen at a PJ concert. You are afraid of your own shadow and deluding yourself by letting your kids think that you can predict where and when there are drunks on the road. Or that all concerts by certain bands are bad and large groups of people can be predicted.

do think that my kid is worse off cause she likes music. She wants to play a musical instrument. Should I say NO, soccor will give you balance. You have insulted me, passed judgment on me and my skills as a parent and your age doesn't matter to me. If you think soccer is better for your kids than an interest in music, I laugh at your double standard. Kids with musical skills have less problems through life than those who run around in knee socks while Daddy blows his whistle.

Eddie vedder writes music with a convicted murderer, but PJ is wholesome for 10 year olds. You are simply an idiot.
  • Options
    ctvedhead wrote:
    You said previously it would have been fine for me to take a ten yr old to a PJ show? My daughter was 3 wks shy of her 10th Bday at that Crue concert, how does that change things. There was not a hint of pot in the air all night, never had that happen at a PJ concert. You are afraid of your own shadow and deluding yourself by letting your kids think that you can predict where and when there are drunks on the road. Or that all concerts by certain bands are bad and large groups of people can be predicted.

do think that my kid is worse off cause she likes music. She wants to play a musical instrument. Should I say NO, soccor will give you balance. You have insulted me, passed judgment on me and my skills as a parent and your age doesn't matter to me. If you think soccer is better for your kids than an interest in music, I laugh at your double standard. Kids with musical skills have less problems through life than those who run around in knee socks while Daddy blows his whistle.

Eddie vedder writes music with a convicted murderer, but PJ is wholesome for 10 year olds. You are simply an idiot.

gloves off.

You call me names, and most of my replies were to you nonsesne.
    motley crue is not a show where you should take your kids. its that simple. i am fucking sorry you are blind, I will agree with you about me being an idiot, becaue I never should have got myself in this clusterfuck of a post.
    the last person stated facts and direction on how she was taking her son. Made sense to me, i think the word is responsible parent.
    As far as what i do with my kids was replies to you putting my parenting down.
    I guess I am supposed to agree with your blindness when you do not even know me.

You posted what you did, and made blind statements about parenting, all i did was respond to your nuttyness. You seem passoniate.
    but i have had friends killed by drunk drivers, so I am very partial to that, I just think waiting alil longer than 8 for a concert is good parenting. What is the rush to see motley crue, honestly.
    Were you affraid whe she got older she might laugh at your past.
    I am an iddiot for letting my kids make their own decisions.
    Ill take being an iddiot over a parent who is more interested in showing her daughter the kind of sleeze her mom used to hang all over at shows while she was growing up folowing metal bands who banged 5 to 6 chics a night.
    I mean you might as well go see poison, and warrant too, you have to have some old spandex lying around, and hair spray.
    You can get the cheap perfume at wallmart.
    So you are set.
    you have the 40 year old mom and 10 year old daughter trying to relive her youth,
    how do you explain ten seconds to love
    or the girls girls girls video
    or dr feelgood
    seriously they just have such a great measage, also the sixx book was an easy read let her read it, she will love the part where they take the radio show over and talk about bones cracking.
    Its just what ten year old lil girls need.
    I could write my own book on here on why you shouldnt have taken her there.
    It is called misdirected.
    If I am a fraidy cat for letting my girls age on their own than so be it. Ive had no problems yet.
    I am not counting the days to where I can expose my oldest to a cheesey metal act.
    Take her to korn too, she will get a kick out of that shit too, get her pit seats.
    You can be the coolest mom on the block.
    Heres an easy one for you, tell her to ask all her friends at school if they would want to go to motley crue, also ask her teachers what they think, I guess they are idiots too.

Look I thought cutting school, smoking weed and all that is great, listening to metal rebelling its all good, but you shouldnt promote, grow up.
    You have a kid to raise.

no more shows
  • Options
    Child abuse.

lol :D

They like a lot of good music, this show will be great
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    Fan club # 105xxx so I am thinking decent tix to give my 7 yr old the night of his life. I come home from work, he's watching a PJ dvd. I go into his room, he has PJ cds playing on his player. He's 7 and knows more PJ than my adult friends. He's earned a chance at a concert. G-D forbid PJ doesnt come around again in a few years and I regret ever not taking him. Gonna do it. He WILL wear ear plugs or we go home. My wife will be in attendance sitting in her seats and she volunteered to leave early and take him home so i can stay if the experiment goes wrong. We will bring 2 cars etc. I am hesitant but the boy deserves it. He will stand on the chair, next to me, hopefully 10 rows or so away from his idols
  • Options
    You are a woman and old enough to make your own decisions, I cant sit here and argue with you becasue you are looking for peoples approval on this.
    I am sorry but anymore will have to be pm, I am not getting banned over this.
    You have to somewhere in time put some serious thought into this decision you made, and had some doubts, you just had to.

no more shows
  • Options
    FoxyMHMama wrote:
    My point is if you love music and it's part of your lifestyle, then why not experience that with your kid if they share that love as well and are mature enough to get over the more adult aspects of concert going today.

Absolutely. As I said above, taking two (9 and 11) to PJ for a first-time experience weighed out to be too much for me (honestly, I'm thinking, if the boy had to pee am I gonna leave the 11-year old girl unattended? or vice versa? I'm a single dad here :rolleyes: ), but they both are hooked on the music thing; we share a lot of cultural things together now. Best part of my life.

Good on ya! ;)
  • Options
    You are a woman and old enough to make your own decisions, I cant sit here and argue with you becasue you are looking for peoples approval on this.
    I am sorry but anymore will have to be pm, I am not getting banned over this.
    You have to somewhere in time put some serious thought into this decision you made, and had some doubts, you just had to.
    "I am not getting banned over this?" you really are a fraidy cat. We are debating, they know that. Drop the Leash, get out of my fucking face.