Options

does anyone really think MSG will be better than 03?

happy2beherehappy2behere Posts: 148
edited March 2008 in The Porch
with tenclubbers having no problem getting tix in 03, the venue was packed with friends. the ticket scenario is not the same this year. i think that the crowd will not be as rabid and more subdued. anyone have the same thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    In My Tree will be hard to beat if you're comparing, and they play it.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    that depends if Ed is less or more pissed ;)
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    culot4 wrote:
    In My Tree will be hard to beat if you're comparing, and they play it.

Besides DTE, that's my favorite part of the LATG DVD.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    sky08sky08 Posts: 43
    with tenclubbers having no problem getting tix in 03, the venue was packed with friends. the ticket scenario is not the same this year. i think that the crowd will not be as rabid and more subdued. anyone have the same thoughts?

Well, hopefully it will still be packed with fans, just fans who were forced to buy tickets from TM instead of 10C.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    It'll be great no doubt.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Besides DTE, that's my favorite part of the LATG DVD.

Mine too. Even without a Jack intro, that version is flawless.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    culot4 wrote:
    Mine too. Even without a Jack intro, that version is flawless.

I bought this on a trip to Seattle, when I barely knew the band. It was the first version of In My Tree I ever heard, and still to this day, the best version in my mind.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    considering 03 was a joke compared to 98

probably not
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    I'll tell you why it will be amazing--- cause before Ted Leo comes out, Ed will come out and do some Into The Wild Songs. Then after the band closes the show with YellowLedBetter, Ed will come out for Guaranteed.
    Guaranteed.
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    I'll tell you why it will be amazing--- cause before Ted Leo comes out, Ed will come out and do some Into The Wild Songs. Then after the band closes the show with YellowLedBetter, Ed will come out for Guaranteed.
    Guaranteed.

here here!

it's all about the now
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    It's Pearl Jam at Madison Square Garden.

How much better does one need it to be?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options

to me,the best show is the one I'm anticipating,not the one i saw.knowing in a few months i will be enjoying the sounds of my all time favorite band in person won't allow me to think negatively in terms of comparing experiences and considering one "better" than the other.
    if you're still alive and fortunate enough to attend MSG in '08/PJ are still together and touring,then what could possibly be better than that?
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    considering 03 was a joke compared to 98

probably not

Pretty much everything they did before and after 9-11-98 doesn't hold a candle. Still the best PJ show I've ever attended.

Perfect setlist, band was in top notch form, great environment. The scene as Ed was climbing the mic cord is something I'll never forget.
  • Options
    I think it will be great.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    Pretty much everything they did before and after 9-11-98 doesn't hold a candle. Still the best PJ show I've ever attended.

Perfect setlist, band was in top notch form, great environment. The scene as Ed was climbing the mic cord is something I'll never forget.
    i concur
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,733

no
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    indeedindeed Posts: 30
    Guaranteed.

i would lose my sh*t if this happens.
    V.F.C St. Louis 10/04 * Philly 10/05 * Camden I & II 05/06 * DC 05/06 * Lollapalooza 08/07 * MSG I & II 06/08
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367

A subdued crowd in NYC? I think not :)
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,943
    rhinomagic wrote:

i concur
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    well it will be great but i don't believe the 98" shows can be beat specially the BREATH night that alone made it so freaking special ,and ed climbing the mic cord ,03 was also fantastic hell i was 1st row both nights but i'm looking forward to this june also ...:)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ+MSG=GREATNESS!!! That's the basic formula.
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    First time in 5 years. Its going to be rocking!
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    I think it will be a great show. It will be my first show at MSG and I think it will (hopefully) be better than any other show there.

btw: NOCODE#1
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    Eli was in the grass

If you are referring to the superbowl, Eli was (almost) in the grasp, not grass.
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    Guaranteed.
    I don't know you, but I'm pretty sure you're a genius!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    rhinomagic wrote:

this is my thinking.
    :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    i feel bad for all the MSG attendees that will not be at BONNAROO!
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    i feel bad for all the MSG attendees that will not be at BONNAROO!

don't be....we'll be feeling bad for you when we get two, 3 hour shows and you get at most a 2 hr show and have to stand in the heat all day to be able to see anything....you do get to see Metallica though ;)