Options

Love,Reign O'er Me ...

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,340
edited May 2008 in The Porch
i wan't to hear this cover at MSG this june it would be very fitting to bring back so many great memories of past WHO shows i attended at the worlds most famous arena ,that's right boston MSG is the worlds most famous arena ...:D
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    i wan't to hear this cover at MSG this june it would be very fitting to bring back so many great memories of past WHO shows i attended at the worlds most famous arena ,that's right boston MSG is the worlds most famous arena ...:D

The PJ recording is absolutely amazing. Eddie's singing on it is unbelievable.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    if i ever heard this live i think i'd seriously freak out

quadrophenia is my all time FAVE
  • Options
    augustwest wrote:
    if i ever heard this live i think i'd seriously freak out

quadrophenia is my all time FAVE

i'm with you on this by far my fav album from THE WHO & possibly any band ..

please pj play it at MSG the place would go nuts ... :)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    I would think MSG has the best chance of getting this played on the tour.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    it's funny because Quadrophenia is by far my favorite album by the Who and I've always told my buddies that if PJ were to cover any song by The Who I'd want it to be Love Reign O'er Me... b/c it's my favorite song by The Who... It's so powerful.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    It was pretty bad ass to hear it live at the Chicago show. Hopefully they will break it out a few more times this tour.
  • Options
    Yeah since it is a newer release and only played twice live I would hope for it to be in the encores alot during the tour.
    Raleigh '03; Hartford '08; Mansfield II '08; Buffalo '10; Hartford '10;
    East Troy I '11; East Troy II '11; DeLuna Fest '12; Wrigley '13; Buffalo '13;
    Toronto II '16; Wrigley I '16; Wrigley II '16; Wrigley I '18; Wrigley II '18;
    Asbury Park '21; MSG '22; Camden '22
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Either of the MSG shows would be a perfect time to break that song out.

Especially since I'll be at both...:D

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    You can ask colorsblend this. I lost it for this song at the Vic. I still can't believe I was lucky enough to hear it live. The Who was my fav band before Pearl Jam and Love, Reign O'er Me is my fav Who song. Hearing it live by PJ is one of my top ten PJ moments ever for me after almost 40 live shows.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,780
    I heard the Who's version the other day on the radio (first time in a while) and sorry guys, but PJ's version, although very good, gets blown away by the original
  • Options
    nowayimfaithfullnowayimfaithfull Posts: 2,051
    I heard the Who's version the other day on the radio (first time in a while) and sorry guys, but PJ's version, although very good, gets blown away by the original

Yes but this version is their best Who cover.

your signature should say jersey/philly.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options

i agree but since we will be seeing PJ in june it would be awsome to hear it specially at MSG the who's favorite place ;)...
  • Options
    your signature should say jersey/philly.

I see your point, but since I only post from work, I might as well list where I am when I'm posting :)

It is by far their best Who cover, and I too would like to hear it

of course I'd REALLY like to hear the Who do it again :D
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i'll have a conipition fit if they bust this out at MSG....eeeeeeeee
  • Options
    I was hoping they would of played it a Lolla last year when rain would have been nice.
    San Diego, July 07, 2006
    Los Angeles, July 10, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 21, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 22, 2006
    Lollapalooza, August 5th, 2007
    eV., Los Angeles April 12, 2008
    eV., San Diego April 15, 2008
    Given to Fly___..
  • Options
    Evolution6579Evolution6579 Posts: 624
    For real. It was hot as shit. I had on a shirt with no sleeves and of course, no sunblock, and had a sunburn for like 3 weeks. I would love to have heard the song there. I managed to catch it at the Vic but alas, I was standing outside.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    it should be a good chance we'd hear it on this mini tour, since theyr'e doing the who tribute in LA, that'd be a great song for them to play :) hope so anyway!
  • Options
    Tremor-ChrisTremor-Chris Posts: 233

I'll say that MSG is maybe the USA's (maybe not the worlds) most famous arena, now that the old Boston Garden is long gone. This June will actually be my first trip to MSG and even though I'm from Boston I'm very excited to get to chance to check it out!

-Chris
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    when i read that they played it in copehagen i just could not believe it...i didnt think it was possible to pull it off without having the horns...then i got the xmas single and then i feel in love with pearl jam all over again...

i just cant say enough what quadrophenia meant to me growing up. furthur, pete captured a real nice slice of real life and i have often thought about jimmy and the times when the mods and the rockers ruled the roads. it's such an incredible record and together with the film it simply is the best piece of rock history ever made

born to run doesn't even come in as a close second

IF the band plays it again(msg hullo!!) i think i just might have to freak right out and um it made me real sad not getting into the vic...

fingers crossed on this.
  • Options
    augustwest wrote:
    when i read that they played it in copehagen i just could not believe it...i didnt think it was possible to pull it off without having the horns...then i got the xmas single and then i feel in love with pearl jam all over again...

i just cant say enough what quadrophenia meant to me growing up. furthur, pete captured a real nice slice of real life and i have often thought about jimmy and the times when the mods and the rockers ruled the roads. it's such an incredible record and together with the film it simply is the best piece of rock history ever made

born to run doesn't even come in as a close second

IF the band plays it again(msg hullo!!) i think i just might have to freak right out and um it made me real sad not getting into the vic...

fingers crossed on this.

i agree with all of the above ..
  • Options
    I think this would make an awesome opener for either MSG show. W/ Boom on the B3.......it would definately be a surprise opener.

Have they ever opened a show w/ a cover?
    time to do some research.......

Joe
    " to myself i surrender, to the one i'll never please"

May 13,2006...Hartford,CT back on the map!!!
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    No, no, no...Hartford!
    I won't be at MSG :(
    Hartford!
    I know you are reading this Eddie!
    I will give you one of my music of Hawaii records, autographed by ME if you play it. :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    I think this would make an awesome opener for either MSG show. W/ Boom on the B3.......it would definately be a surprise opener.

Have they ever opened a show w/ a cover?
    time to do some research.......

Joe

yes, they opened up the Spectrum show in 03 with Crazy Mary
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    No, no, no...Hartford!
    I won't be at MSG :(
    Hartford!
    I know you are reading this Eddie!
    I will give you one of my music of Hawaii records, autographed by ME if you play it. :)

ok then i hope they play it at hartford that would make that friday just right ....:D
  • Options
    I'll say that MSG is maybe the USA's (maybe not the worlds) most famous arena, now that the old Boston Garden is long gone. This June will actually be my first trip to MSG and even though I'm from Boston I'm very excited to get to chance to check it out!

-Chris

but it is the world's most famous you'll see why when you are there ... :) wait are you saying that the old boston garden is better known the MSG :eek: ..
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

-Chris

WORLDs most famous arena

nothing else even comes close really

maybe the the coliseum in Rome
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    MSG would be cool, but don't you guys think that Camden might get it (the whole Philly/Brotherly Love thing)...I'll be at all 3 plus DC so who knows but that would be my logical guess...
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    wma11 wrote:
    MSG would be cool, but don't you guys think that Camden might get it (the whole Philly/Brotherly Love thing)...I'll be at all 3 plus DC so who knows but that would be my logical guess...

well if you go by the history of THE WHO the logical venue would/should be MSG townsend loves the garden and i know vedder knows the history of the band & NY ....it makes perfect sense .. :)
  • Options
    cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    i'm not a huge fan of the who-- certainly appreciate them and all -- but when it comes to listening to the two versions, side by side...the PJ version is mind-boggling...

hate to be sacrilegious...i know the original is supposed to be better and all, but i gotta go with the new one.

and i'm quite certain there would be tears if i heard it live. one of the true songs that can emote the emotional range of "black" -- the mother of all songs, imo.

did i just step over the line there? just throwin' my opinion to the wind...

anyway...i know if i had to hit those notes (pretty sure you couldn't do that and blood back-to-back), i'm pretty sure i'd save it for something (or someplace) special.

mansfield 2, perhaps?
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    yeah hopefully they'll play it at MSG and NOT Mansfield

I hate the cover, worst cover of all time
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.