** updated COLLEGE BASKETBALL 2023 / 2024. **

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,099
    pjhawks wrote:
    Clemson has never won a game at North Carolina. 0-55, how is this possible? man you could get lucky once. crazy.
    the years when UNC is bad, Clemsux is even worse

that streak will eventually end, just not this year!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    big win for bama...ku would have won this game. just ran out of time...
    that makes me feel a little better about the Gamecocks' loss to Bama

if he's given enough time to establish his program, I think that Anthony Grant will turn Bama into the dominant team in the SEC West

always nice to see calipari lose one...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,300
    pjhawks wrote:
    Clemson has never won a game at North Carolina. 0-55, how is this possible? man you could get lucky once. crazy.

St. Bonaventure is 0-31 at Temple. These kinds of streaks are pretty amazing.

In hockey, the Penguins went from 1974 to 1990 without winning at the Flyers.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:

St. Bonaventure is 0-31 at Temple. These kinds of streaks are pretty amazing.

In hockey, the Penguins went from 1974 to 1990 without winning at the Flyers.

didn't the flyers just break a 20 year winless streak at joe louis arena (detroit?) too?

not a hockey guy but thought i heard that somewhere...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    didn't the flyers just break a 20 year winless streak at joe louis arena (detroit?) too?

not a hockey guy but thought i heard that somewhere...

Yes, but that's interconference, so not really that many games. Although it included 2 Finals games. It was 1988 to 2010.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    2 games i like tonight (wednesday):

Notre Dame -3 1/2 vs. Cincinnati
    LaSalle +7 at home against Duquesne
    pjhawks wrote:

The Dukes will have a letdown after playing out of their minds vs. Temple. Lasalle will lose in OT. :lol:

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    pjhawks wrote:

The Dukes will have a letdown after playing out of their minds vs. Temple. Lasalle will lose in OT. :lol:
    A couple of my friends from high school play for Duquesne. I hope it's on TV.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    pjhawks wrote:

1-1 last night. yup big trap game for Duquesne and figured LaSalle was due for one good effort. I was wrong again. My favorite line of the night was my boy Jerrell Williams for LaSalle with a triple double, 21 points, 10 rebounds and 10 TURNOVERS. Hard for one guy in college hoops to have 10 turnovers in one game.that's really gonna screw up your average.
    Kansas upset at home.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    how bout that JIMMER FREDETTE?!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,043
    nice win today at MSG by St. John's. It's one thing to beat Duke in the final minutes but quite another to lead for nearly the final 36 minutes.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    nice win today at MSG by St. John's. It's one thing to beat Duke in the final minutes but quite another to lead for nearly the final 36 minutes.
    Thank you St. John's for beating Duke.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,043
    Newch91 wrote:
    Thank you St. John's for beating Duke.

You're welcome.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    like Kentucky tonite
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    booomm11 wrote:
    like Kentucky tonite

yikes... don't listen to me
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    booomm11 wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:
    like Kentucky tonite

yikes... don't listen to me

noted. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    love Duke tonight against Carolina. Carolina playing better but still not sold on them. Backup point guard quit, they are young, going into Cameron. I sense an ugly beatdown. take duke minus the points.
    pjhawks wrote:
    love Duke tonight against Carolina. Carolina playing better but still not sold on them. Backup point guard quit, they are young, going into Cameron. I sense an ugly beatdown. take duke minus the points.

tough one dude. that was a lot of points. great game though.

are you actually betting these games?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:

no i've moved on from that. i found i couldn't enjoy the games with a bet on it and i love college hoops to much. and despite what most say it's almost impossible to win sports gambling. i'd rather save my gambling money for poker, blackjack and starting to get into craps. but i love to talk about the spreads though because it's fascinating and as you know i don't mind giving my opinions :D

and is there anything more annoying in college hoops than the duke students? i mean they create a great atmosphere but the whole contrived orchestrated chants and movements every 2 seconds is kind of nauseating now. i mean do you all have the move the same way on a foul shot, get over it. and they are pretty dorky looking.
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

no i've moved on from that. i found i couldn't enjoy the games with a bet on it and i love college hoops to much. and despite what most say it's almost impossible to win sports gambling. i'd rather save my gambling money for poker, blackjack and starting to get into craps. but i love to talk about the spreads though because it's fascinating and as you know i don't mind giving my opinions :D

and is there anything more annoying in college hoops than the duke students? i mean they create a great atmosphere but the whole contrived orchestrated chants and movements every 2 seconds is kind of nauseating now. i mean do you all have the move the same way on a foul shot, get over it. and they are pretty dorky looking.

betting on sports is awesome.

i despise duke...but i think that shit is pretty cool.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    further proof of how much better march madness is compared to the bowl system. they're always trying to find ways to make it better. i love the sunday night game idea. it always seemed ilke the weekened ended abruptly:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6107744
    NCAA games to have staggered startsEmail Print Comments267 Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The NCAA tournament's new TV deal will allow for more staggered starts of games, so all of those buzzer-beaters aren't happening at the same time.

The contract signed in April with CBS and Turner Sports meant all games would be televised live nationally for the first time. Because Turner's three cable channels don't have the same commitments to the nightly news and other regular programming as CBS, the tournament games will be more spread out, starting this season.

That includes prime-time games on TBS, TNT and truTV during the first Sunday of the tournament, the networks announced Thursday.

Last season, when only CBS broadcast games, the first three contests on the opening Thursday afternoon started within 10 minutes of each other. Even for fans who had access to all of the games through the free stream on the Internet or by buying the TV package, that often meant multiple matchups going down to the wire at the same time.

"That wasn't good enough," Turner Sports senior vice president Christina Miller said. "What was going to be good enough was if we stagger it and let people catch each game or at least capture the big moments at the end of everything."

Now those games will start at least 30 minutes apart.

The new way of watching March Madness was made possible when CBS and Turner signed a 14-year, $10.8 billion deal, with the NCAA deciding to expand from 65 only to 68 teams, not 96. The contract kept the regional finals and Final Four on CBS through 2015. The regional semifinals will be split between CBS and TBS this season.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    further proof of how much better march madness is compared to the bowl system. they're always trying to find ways to make it better. i love the sunday night game idea. it always seemed ilke the weekened ended abruptly:

NEW YORK -- The NCAA tournament's new TV deal will allow for more staggered starts of games, so all of those buzzer-beaters aren't happening at the same time.

The contract signed in April with CBS and Turner Sports meant all games would be televised live nationally for the first time. Because Turner's three cable channels don't have the same commitments to the nightly news and other regular programming as CBS, the tournament games will be more spread out, starting this season.

That includes prime-time games on TBS, TNT and truTV during the first Sunday of the tournament, the networks announced Thursday.

Last season, when only CBS broadcast games, the first three contests on the opening Thursday afternoon started within 10 minutes of each other. Even for fans who had access to all of the games through the free stream on the Internet or by buying the TV package, that often meant multiple matchups going down to the wire at the same time.

"That wasn't good enough," Turner Sports senior vice president Christina Miller said. "What was going to be good enough was if we stagger it and let people catch each game or at least capture the big moments at the end of everything."

The new way of watching March Madness was made possible when CBS and Turner signed a 14-year, $10.8 billion deal, with the NCAA deciding to expand from 65 only to 68 teams, not 96. The contract kept the regional finals and Final Four on CBS through 2015. The regional semifinals will be split between CBS and TBS this season.
    I was going to post this the other day when I read it but I forgot to. I can't wait for March Madness.
    let the madness begin...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    let the madness begin...
    OH YEAH!! :D:D
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I don't know how anyone can say they enjoy a game less when they have a vested (monetary) interest. It makes games sooooooo much better to watch.

You can win money betting sports. Especially college conference hoops (non-tourney) and football. Easy money. Just have to stay away from sucker bets like teasers and parlays. Stay disciplined and concentrate on betting dogs and you can sustain success. Betting on sports is probably my favorite hobby (along with alcohol consumption).

As for the duke student question...nova students are worse. nova nation says it all. awful.

That said, I do like nova tonight laying the points. Those queers need a win more than anyone in the country right now

this is kind of a moot point after the day's early games. The other games start times depend on when the earlier games finish.

I like both systems. It is kinda cool in football that if a team loses 1 game that their season is pretty much screwed
    The Fixer wrote:

this is kind of a moot point after the day's early games. The other games start times depend on when the earlier games finish.

I like both systems. It is kinda cool in football that if a team loses 1 game that their season is pretty much screwed

no the later games during the opening weekend, and i think some during the 2nd weekend, overlapped too.

i hate how college football operates. the bowl system is the worst way to crown a champion in all of sports, at all levels.
    chinese-happy.jpg

i hate how college football operates. the bowl system is the worst way to crown a champion in all of sports, at all levels.

people like to rip the BCS, but for the most part there have been the 2 best teams in the title game. A playoff would be cool, but I don't really think the 8th best team in football deserves a shot to win a title. I think an easy solution would be to stop allowing power conferences to schedule 1-AA teams.

I don't care either way, just give me games to bet on and I'm watching.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com