Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • Options
    yeah it would suck without a singer and drummer. I mean in the dvd ed is drunk off his ass and matt is drinking heinikens.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    a little bit of a holier than thou snob, are we?
    its a rock concert.

personally the only reason i don't get shitfaced is that i don't wanna be running to the bathroom every 4 songs.

unfortunately, or fortunately, there is only one thumbing my way, and it won't get played twice.
  • Options
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    a little bit of a holier than thou snob, are we?
    its a rock concert.

personally the only reason i don't get shitfaced is that i don't wanna be running to the bathroom every 4 songs.

unfortunately, or fortunately, there is only one thumbing my way, and it won't get played twice.
    a little bit of an amazing song hater, are we? alas, this was about drinking in the garden, and we'll leave this for another thread
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    MSG would be empty.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    i'm glad there's at least one of us who likes that buzzkill.
    and i'm generally one of the pj can do no wrong in their songwriting kinda guys....i even enjoy stupid mop.
  • Options
    yeah it would suck without a singer and drummer.

LOL,good one! :D
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    nah here in NY we know how to act not like the douches at the vedder solo gigs ,we let the band play what they may and they allways have come thru the less we ask of them the more they give us .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    yeah it would suck without a singer and drummer. I mean in the dvd ed is drunk off his ass and matt is drinking heinikens.

I honestly don't think Ed really gets too drunk anymore, even in that. I think a lot of it is an act now. He talks like he's drunk but during songs and stuff he looks totally sober in the way he moves around on stage. Nothing like the old days :cool:.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    I honestly don't think Ed really gets too drunk anymore, even in that. I think a lot of it is an act now. He talks like he's drunk but during songs and stuff he looks totally sober in the way he moves around on stage. Nothing like the old days :cool:.

shows how naive you are.
  • Options
    Ashy Larry wrote:
    shows how naive you are.

Well if you think he's not acting out then fine that's your problem. I'm telling you that it seems to me he's totally putting it on for whatever reason, maybe nervousness. He doesn't seem legitimately drunk to me. It makes no difference to me, just an observation.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:

What tour, or do you know him personally. He was drunk and stoned off his ass on the 06 tour. He almost broke his leg in the eat rutherford shows. I watched boom smoke a fucking blunt and drink almost a 12 pack of heiniken sidestage cincy, and yes ed does come back to boom and go for pisses during shows.
    they have fun.
    god bless them
    ed mentioed it some of the shows, I think he is so much more comfortable with the audience the last couple tours that you see it mor.

no more shows
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Well if you think he's not acting out then fine that's your problem. I'm telling you that it seems to me he's totally putting it on for whatever reason, maybe nervousness. He doesn't seem legitimately drunk to me. It makes no difference to me, just an observation.

well Ed is not a scientist, if you listen to the 06 , 03, and 00 tours he progressively gets worse as the show goes on, so does he calculate his body weight with his blood alchohol level to fool the fans over 3 hours, honestly. I mean crack open a drink and listen yourself, drink right with him.
    The europe 00 boots, the san fran 06 shows, the 05 shows absolutley.

You may think your point makes him look good, but honestly it makes him look lik a fucking phsyco. He is not god he is a normal beer drinking pot smoking rocker.

no more shows
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    wow. what a completely pointless argument. I'm glad I started it.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    You may think your point makes him look good, but honestly it makes him look lik a fucking phsyco. He is not god he is a normal beer drinking pot smoking rocker.

I'm not trying to make him look "good." I don't give a shit either way. And I don't understand what you mean by your "psycho" statement.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    I'm not trying to make him look "good." I don't give a shit either way. And I don't understand what you mean by your "psycho" statement.
    you acused him of acting drunk becasue he is nervous. and fooling the fans.
    If Ed secretly did this he'd be a fucking physco in my book.

no more shows
  • Options
    you acused him of acting drunk becasue he is nervous. and fooling the fans.
    If Ed secretly did this he'd be a fucking physco in my book.

Well it's always seemed to me that talking in general makes him kinda nervous. He'd much rather speak through his lyrics. So I could understand if he kinda put that on just to make it seem less awkward or something.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    you two fools have perverted my once proud thread.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Well it's always seemed to me that talking in general makes him kinda nervous. He'd much rather speak through his lyrics. So I could understand if he kinda put that on just to make it seem less awkward or something.
    I dont know, your entitled to your opinion putting it that way, but Ed has always been a fuck you kind of guy.
    I mean they destroyed the mtv award back stage, and he told the crowd basically fuck you.
    I think he loves to drink, his music makes me want to crack 1 open, he is the 1 passionatley writing alot of it.

no more shows
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    you two fools have perverted my once proud thread.

You posted a foolish thread, and here I am.

I love these threads, pure humour.

no more shows
  • Options
    I dont know, your entitled to your opinion putting it that way, but Ed has always been a fuck you kind of guy.
    I mean they destroyed the mtv award back stage, and he told the crowd basically fuck you.
    I think he loves to drink, his music makes me want to crack 1 open, he is the 1 passionatley writing alot of it.

I'm not saying he NEVER drunk. Of course he did. If he didn't THEN I would consider him a psycho.

EDIT: And I feel this discussion, however pointless it may seem, is much more meaningful than the original point of this thread which is just stupid. :rolleyes:
    -Reagan
  • Options
    a bottle of wine with dinner or a bottle of wine (or 3) with a show,what's the difference?

I doubt Ed drinks like that off tour as well.
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    nah being drunk is fine. it's just the idiots who can't handle themselves when they're drunk that ruin the fun.
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    How about banning the LOUD, obnoxious, idiot, frat boy, white trash drunks at any future Ed solo acoustic shows? I can't believe the moronic stories I'm hearing about from the last week.

Ed spends so much time preparing an incredible, diverse, complex set and drunk idiots are yellin out and beeing obnoxious between songs. Makes me wish I could have been a bouncer at many of those shows.