Options

Funny, little bit sad. Are we crazy?

ChikkyChikky Posts: 12
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Hi!

So my fiance got me hooked on PJ a few years back. We went to their Edmonton show in '05 and since then I have a hard time listening to anything else. I've also just been to the second Vancouver show and it was amazing!
Now we have tickets to the MSG show on June 24th..

Why is that funny and sad?

We just got engaged in December after almost 9 years together. We had planned to go to Vegas in late fall and do the cheapy tacky wedding (it looks like fun in the movies!). We've never travelled outside Canada, so we need to do the whole passport thing, research hotels, book flights, save up etc.

Tweet! ...

Wedding plans pushed back. Now we have 2 months to scramble for passports, research hotels, book flights... and save money for New York!
Wedding pushed back probably to early next year lol.

In the opinions of my co-workers and friends, we are insane. So I'll ask equally hardcore fans, what is your opinion?

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    if it was going to be a tacky wedding anyway, who cares?

you're committed to one another and more importantly Pearl Jam. ;)

marriage is for suckers anyway :p
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    scw156 wrote:

^
    truth.
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:

Exactly
  • Options
    we are getting married june 6. we waited until the last possible moment to book everything, "just in case". As soon as we finalized the honeymoon, they announced Bonnaroo. We tried our damnedest to fit it INTO the honeymoon, but no, not gonna work. We considered changing the date of the 'moon, but our work schedules wouldn't allow it, so we moved on.
    fast forward to tour announcement: well, we are getting home from the 'moon early in the am on the 19th, so it's just in time for us to go to the Camdens and the MSGs. whew!!!
    unfortunately, the honeymoon is preventing us from going to any more than those shows, and the Toadies are playing the day after MSG, and i'm not missing that!
    it's a trade off. but yeah, we're crazy too. people can't understand why the shows are even a consideration.
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    no you are not crazy - youve married a fellow pearl jam fan and you live in a country where you get the chance to see them numerous times every year

id described you as blessed ..........
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    Hey! I'm in Etown too :)

You're not crazy! You just have two loves in your life!
  • Options
    yes, you're fucking crazy! but look at what this world considers sane. who would want that anyway?
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Options
    jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    Why not do the "tacky" wedding thing in NYC instead? If that would be possible that is... I think that would be a really cool thing to do. Besides you have been together 9 years already... What difference does a few more months make especially if getting to see PJ is the reason for pushing it back? Just my $.02
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    You ARE crazy - but in the best possible way. Go see PJ and have a brilliant time! Consider it a pre-honeymoon. That's it! Just tell everyone your having a reverse wedding - honeymoon, reception, ceremony - that'll gt them scratching their heads.

Cheers!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    pearljammerpearljammer Posts: 237
    Let them think you're crazy, I can't think of anything better than going to see PJ with someone you love.
    EvenFLOW PsYcHo #29

~ is your Pearl Jam cup half empty, or 1/2 Full?
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Chikky wrote:
    Hi!

So my fiance got me hooked on PJ a few years back. We went to their Edmonton show in '05 and since then I have a hard time listening to anything else. I've also just been to the second Vancouver show and it was amazing!

We just got engaged in December after almost 9 years together. We had planned to go to Vegas in late fall and do the cheapy tacky wedding (it looks like fun in the movies!). We've never travelled outside Canada, so we need to do the whole passport thing, research hotels, book flights, save up etc.

Tweet! ...

Wedding plans pushed back. Now we have 2 months to scramble for passports, research hotels, book flights... and save money for New York!

In the opinions of my co-workers and friends, we are insane. So I'll ask equally hardcore fans, what is your opinion?

Thanks!

"No time to be void, or save up on life ... you got to spend it all.!!!!

If thats what you guys' hearts desire and makes you happy who cares if the rest of the world thinks you are nuts ;)

I hope you have tons of fun at the MSG show.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Chikky wrote:
    Hi!

Tweet! ...

Thanks!

Perfectly normal, dude.
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I think my love for Pearl Jam has last longer than any relationship I've been in. :D
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Perfectly normal, dude.
    That's a woman! *"So my fiance..."* ;)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    "oh see the woooorlld!!!" fuck it, thats what its all about. I do the same shit, whatever time off from work permits me and if I have the money I just get up and go.
    enjoy the shows...Im sure there will be no regrets :D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    PJ tours have altered lots of plans of mine over the past decade+. People may think I go overboard, but I'm just having fun. They don't interfere with life, they just mix things up a little. There's a difference.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    scw156 wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    get married when u come to nyc

Chikky wrote:
    Hi!

Tweet! ...

Thanks!
  • Options
    That's it! Just tell everyone your having a reverse wedding - honeymoon, reception, ceremony - that'll gt them scratching their heads.

Cheers!

I love it! haha thanks guys <3