Options

How do you protect your posters at the show??

tdubtdub Posts: 226
edited April 2008 in The Porch
My brother actually brought a poster tube to Cincy last yr and they let him bring it in. Some venues are weird about that stuff though.

Any other ideas besides a poster tube? What has been everyone else's experiences with getting in the venue with such items?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    bring a tube, they will let it in the door, short of the tube being made out of grass. I should have brought one and wasnt thinking. I bid on and won the Spain 07 poster at the Van night one and proceeded to carry it around in my bag all night and crimpled the ends, wished I would have had a tube. I even tried buying a tube off of a guy in line who couldnt get a poster either. I offered him $20 bucks and he was like "no way man, Im saving this for tomorrow", he could have made 10 or 15 bones right there if he thought about it.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,942
    most venues = no tubes.

bring two plastic bags in your pockets and some rubbers (bands!) and put a bag on one end and a bag on the other and there you go protected! put it under your seat for the night.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I usually bring a poster tube. I've been able to bring one in everytime I've tried....5 times now. I figure if they don't let me in with it I'd only be out a couple of bucks. but so far I've been lucky.

I didn't have one in San Diego, so I bought a North American tour poster for $5 and wrapped it in that.
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    I usually just bring some rubber bands - but i think i'm bringing a plastic bag this year.......
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    tdubtdub Posts: 226
    sennin wrote:
    I usually bring a poster tube. I've been able to bring one in everytime I've tried....5 times now. I figure if they don't let me in with it I'd only be out a couple of bucks. but so far I've been lucky.

I didn't have one in San Diego, so I bought a North American tour poster for $5 and wrapped it in that.

GREAT idea Sennin. Hadn't thought about that. Think I'm going to bring a couple tubes, but keep rubber bands and plastic bags in my pocket as backup.

....kinda makes a poster condom. lol!!
  • Options
    pretty much like a 500 pound Tiger protecting its young.
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    Buy it before you leave town if you are traveling, it sucks to be in a new place and have to look for somewhere to buy a poster tube. Been there, done that.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    If you are going to the EV shows, someone else posted on another thread that the size of the poster is 16X24, so you really don't need a big tube-easier to get in that way.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    In Berkeley, they allowed readmittance. I went in, bought my poster, left and dropped it off in my friend's car and went back to the show. It was so convenient.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    East Rutherford didn't allow them, and I don't believe Camden does either. Just be prepared to toss it as soon as you're told no, so that you don't hold up the line behind you and keep those folks from getting in line inside to buy their own posters. Otherwise, be prepared for me to kick your ass :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    i learned the hard way a couple of times, so I dont buy em at shows

Im there to have fun at a concert, not worry about merchandise-i havent bought any merch since binaural tour.

Just my 2 cents
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    at the ed solo show i just put it on the floor under the seats in front of me...no problems. they provide rubber bands to roll it and secure it. at pearl jam shows...well...it's a little more raucaus and you stand the whole time so you gotta be more careful...i've had some come out unscathed and some that have seen better days. depends on what's going on around you...i try to just enjoy the show...and usually put it on my seat under a hoodie or something so people don't think...oh, a free poster!

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Elderly ManElderly Man Posts: 235
    are tubes allowed in msg?
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • Options
    skinnypigskinnypig Posts: 75
    I have used the coat check for the smaller venues, Benaroya/Vancouver/Schnitzer Hall in Portland. All 3 times they have treated my poster like a newborn. its pretty sweet.
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    With a very big condom...
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    tdub wrote:
    My brother actually brought a poster tube to Cincy last yr and they let him bring it in. Some venues are weird about that stuff though.

Any other ideas besides a poster tube? What has been everyone else's experiences with getting in the venue with such items?

ever been to prison?
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False