Options

Bridge School Survey

SteverthebelieverSteverthebeliever Posts: 156
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I go to The Bridge School Benefit every year regardless of who is playing...Is anyone else in this club? And if you are a "yes" please include an artist or band you would love to see play the show (other than Pearl Jam or Eddie).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    maybe add a poll to this? yes vs no?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    I've gone a few times, but I can't afford it every year - i'm all the way on the other side of the country.

I would recommend it to anyone that has the opportunity though. Great cause, great times.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i'm a local, yet i only go if PJ is playing. hope they do this year :)
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    what weekend is this?
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    I go every year, no matter what, and #1 on my wishlist for this year is Robert Plant & Allison Kraus.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    I go every year, no matter what, and #1 on my wishlist for this year is Robert Plant & Allison Kraus.

Plant and Krauss are #1 for me as well...They are perfect for this show, I saw them in LA and they were amazing
  • Options
    Plant and Krauss are #1 for me as well...They are perfect for this show, I saw them in LA and they were amazing

Amazing!
    There's some good ones on tour this summer too. Although I don't think Tom Petty would be invited back because he got in a HUGE fight with Neil's manager in 2000 because he was pissed because Dave Matthews was higher on the bill than he was...
    little bit of Bridge School gossip there.

I wouldn't be upset if they invited Devendra Banhart back either. OR Trent Reznor. I loved both of those sets way more than I expected.

Truthfully though there is nothing like the bill when PJ is on it. The whole atmosphere is so much better.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    That Tom Petty gossip is very interesting, almost unbelievable...I thought we were due for a Petty Performance at the Bridge, or maybe even Mudcrutch
  • Options
    That Tom Petty gossip is very interesting, almost unbelievable...I thought we were due for a Petty Performance at the Bridge, or maybe even Mudcrutch

Doesn't mean it won't happen- the gossip is true though. Elliot Roberts' exact words: "When you can sell out the Shoreline Amphitheater in six minutes, you can go on after whoever you want."

Pretty funny.
  • Options
    leopattieleopattie Posts: 22
    Dream ticket is Pearl Jam and Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
    7/92 Lollapalooza
    10/94 Bridge School
    6/95 SF
    11/95 San Jose
    10/96 Bridge School
    11/97 Oakland
    10/00 SF
    6/03 SF
    6/03 Vegas
    10/03 Bridge School
    10/04 Bridge School
    9/05 Vancouver
    7/15/06 SF
    7/22/06 Gorge
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive - Springsteen
  • Options
    joshua3800joshua3800 Posts: 46
    The Best show i saw there was when Ben Harper and Tracy Chapman were on the bill. Ive been to 6 and that was insane.

Ben and Eddie - indifference and my own two hands

also Tracy Chapman solo on that stage with that voice. Trust me, if you weren't impressed before, you were after that show.

and Plant and Krauss would be nuts.

AIC would be cool to
  • Options
    DavediggerDavedigger Posts: 49
    I haven't been to Bridge School, but the next time PJ/Eddie and DMB/Dave are there together, I'll be there.
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    REM hasn't played in a while.
  • Options
    REM hasn't played in a while.
    REM would be great, but I think they are playing a different festival on what is the probable bridge dates(oct25 and 26)
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    no never have been there

would like to go
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    Devendra was really good! And Death Cab just killed it. I think Band of Horses, and MMJ would be great!

I try to go when I can afford it. It's just always such an ordeal getting tickets!
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    mdgsolo wrote:
    Devendra was really good! And Death Cab just killed it. I think Band of Horses, and MMJ would be great!

I try to go when I can afford it. It's just always such an ordeal getting tickets!

MMJ played last year after Eddie canceled. They got a standing ovation by the end of their set the second night.
  • Options
    MMJ played last year after Eddie canceled. They got a standing ovation by the end of their set the second night.

Let's be honest though- it was not an even swap. MMJ was great and all, BUT.
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    I go to The Bridge School Benefit every year regardless of who is playing...Is anyone else in this club? And if you are a "yes" please include an artist or band you would love to see play the show (other than Pearl Jam or Eddie).

definitely. I look forward to bridge every year. I've seen Willie Nelson, Paul McCartney, Thom Yorke (solo), Tony Bennett, The Who, CSNY, Neil a plenty, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Foo Fighters, Tenacious D, Brian Wilson, Dave Matthews, Beck, RHCP, Tom Petty, REM, Incubus, Sonic Youth, Trent Reznor, and craploads more...

good times people
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    Norah Jones was awesome when she played, I totally did not expect her to be so good
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    I went in 2006 I think and it was awesome. Davendara Barnhardt (sp?), Death Cab, Trent Reznor, Foo Fighters, Brian Wilson, Dave Mathews and Pearl jam.. although DMB did go last, but in my mind PJ did. I like DMB and all, but I have to say that I nearly fell asleep during their set on the first night. Seriously... I looked around and all the people around me were in a coma. Second night was better... a little.

But I thought it was great! Just waiting to see if PJ is playing again, so I can get Monday off.

Anyone know when they normally announce the line-up?
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    it seems to me they usually announce the lineup around labor day
  • Options
    it seems to me they usually announce the lineup around labor day

Yup. Sometimes I get the info on dates a little sooner than the lineup is announced. If that happens this year I'll post it.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    Let's be honest though- it was not an even swap. MMJ was great and all, BUT.

In your mind. It was more than an even swap, in my mind.
  • Options
    FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    LukinTimer wrote:
    September........and lets hope the boys are there.......it'd be nice top say hi
  • Options
    elgallo10elgallo10 Posts: 114
    I went last year thinking Ed would play but I still had a great time. I recommend going, its a very chill atmosphere. A picnic in the park with great music and beer. What else do you want from life? :) I'm going this year with or without Pearl Jam, but I hope they play.
  • Options
    rocketmanrocketman Posts: 68
    We usually go to every PJ Bridge School with the exception of the year Ed played solo. We went to that one too. Been going since I think 94. What a great event. Id love to see Pete Townshend take a night off his tour with the Who and come back to the Bridge. That would be epic. Id also love to see Chris and Rich Robinson. Why they never played it is beyond me. They play an amazing acoustic show.
  • Options
    rocketmanrocketman Posts: 68
    LukinTimer wrote:
    I went in 2006 I think and it was awesome. Davendara Barnhardt (sp?), Death Cab, Trent Reznor, Foo Fighters, Brian Wilson, Dave Mathews and Pearl jam.. although DMB did go last, but in my mind PJ did. I like DMB and all, but I have to say that I nearly fell asleep during their set on the first night. Seriously... I looked around and all the people around me were in a coma. Second night was better... a little.

But I thought it was great! Just waiting to see if PJ is playing again, so I can get Monday off.

September