Options

MSG met-up?

mAjLrAepmAjLrAep Posts: 72
edited March 2008 in The Porch
MSG meet-up? (sorry, I have a typo in the thread subject)

Hey, I've been a member on here for a while, but haven't been too active the last couple of years. I was prompted to log back on here after the whole MSG ticket purchase drama to see what happened with others.

Anyways, it would be cool to meet up with some fellow fan members before the MSG shows for a drink or what not. What do you guys think? A few years ago a bunch of us tried to set up a fan night in the city, but it got canceled b/c of a snow storm.

Just thought it would be cool to put faces to names. :)
~ * ~ * 12/7/03: Long live YIELD night!! * ~ * ~

i've got scratches all over my arms....one for each day since i fell apart. i did what i had to do....if there was a reason, it was you...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    If i could manage to find some spare tickets.. definatley
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I'd be down; if you are ok with out of towners
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    im in
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    there's no discrimination for out of towners....all are welcome to share the love! :)

cool, let's try to get a group together and cheers to a great show(s)!

i've got scratches all over my arms....one for each day since i fell apart. i did what i had to do....if there was a reason, it was you...
  • Options
    Sounds good to me... Maybe someone local to NYC know a good, cheaper, bar that is close to the venue... or also somewhere in The Porch there is a thread about a pre-show meet-up fundraiser. That might be a good idea, so at least the $10 a drink will go to a good cause and we can right it off in our taxes next year as a charitable donation...lol. But check it out, I dont think there is one for NYC yet.
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    Mr. BeeksMr. Beeks Posts: 103
    I go to this bar a lot before Ranger/Knick/St.John's games. It's about two blocks south of the Garden on 8th avenue. Good Irish pub. Will definitely be there before both shows.

http://www.themollywee.com/
  • Options
    I met up with a few people back in 2003 and I'll never do it again.
    Most of you people are complete fucking idiots.
  • Options

You are so sweet! But here is a question: If we are such idiots, why are you even communicating with us? ;)
  • Options
    You are so sweet! But here is a question: If we are such idiots, why are you even communicating with us? ;)

Typing to people and actually meeting them are two completely different things, in case you haven't noticed. Also, if you take a look at when I last posted, other than today because of the MSG abortion, you'll see that I haven't communicated all that recently. Besides, I said MOST of you are idiots not ALL of you.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    see you there
  • Options
    Typing to people and actually meeting them are two completely different things, in case you haven't noticed. Also, if you take a look at when I last posted, other than today because of the MSG abortion, you'll see that I haven't communicated all that recently. Besides, I said MOST of you are idiots not ALL of you.

You are right there is a big difference between writing to people and meeting them but if you are not interested in meeting people why are you writing in a post for a MSG meet-up? You loss me there.
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    see you there

hey, great flickr pics!!! so awesome you were so close and got mike's jacket! ohhhhhhh, i would DIE! :)

see ya in June!

• Options
    You are right there is a big difference between writing to people and meeting them but if you are not interested in meeting people why are you writing in a post for a MSG meet-up? You loss me there.

Thought maybe I could save some other people from the agony. And I'm posting in a thread not writing in a post. Loss me? See what I mean?
  • Options
    msg drama?
    msg abortion?

what happened while I was at work???
  • Options
    Thought maybe I could save some other people from the agony. And I'm posting in a thread not writing in a post. Loss me? See what I mean?

Oh, be nice. One experience you had doesn't make everyone an idiot. Honestly, I don't have many friends who love PJ as much as I do so I'd just like to meet some fans, that's all. It'll be right before a show...just in time to have a few beers. Maybe I'm an optimist, but I think I would be fun. I've met some really cool ppl on here, so it would be nice to get back to actually meeting people in real life rather through a computer that's all.

Anyways, I'll have a beer for you. ;)
    Cheers!

• Options

Sorry for a mix up in the terms but you knew what I meant. I didn't know that I am expected to check my writings for errors like I would if I were writing a term paper. But I will keep that in mind. Thanks. And if you are insinuating that I am a retard that is cool. Enjoy the show.
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    I'm hoping FoxyMop will get something going with the Wishlist organization. She's done a GREAT job with all the pre-parties I've been to thus far!
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    I would love to, count me in!
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • Options

Haha buddy, you're the only one that sounds like an idiot in this thread

takes one to know one i guess
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    ......And if you are insinuating that I am a retard that is cool.

Nah. I was just fucking with ya ;)
  • Options
    mAjLrAep wrote:
    One experience you had doesn't make everyone an idiot. ......

Anyways, I'll have a beer for you. ;)
    Cheers!

Actually it was more than one experience. I met people in '96, 2000 and 2003. Never again. I'll just be happy going with my BF. I don't drink beer, but a vodka would be nice.
  • Options
    loladog1loladog1 Posts: 89
    I'm in...I'll be meeting up with some friends in NY, but would like to hang out with some peeps before the show.
    lolla 8/2/92 - soldier field 7/11/95 - east troy 6/26/98 6/27/98 - Chicago 6/29/99 - east troy 10/8/00 - Champaign 4/23/03 - Chicago 6/18/03 - east troy 6/21/03 - PNC Park 9/28/05 (stones opener) - Chicago 5/16/06 - Chicago 5/17/06 - Summerfest 06 - the vic 8/2/07 - lolla 8/5/07 - MSG #2 08 - EV solo 8/08 - Chicago 8/23/09 8/24/09 - Los Angeles 10/6/09 10/7/09, EV Boston, Chi, NY 11, PJ20 East Troy, WI - Chicago 7/19/13 - Cinci 10/1/14, Moline, IL 10/17/14, Jacksonville, FL 4/13/16 - Toronto 5/10/16 -  Boston 8/7/16 - Chicago 8/20 & 8/22/16 - Chicago 8/18 & 8/20/18 - St Louis 9/18/22 - St Paul 8/31/23 - Chicago 9/5 & 9/7/23 - Ft Worth 9/13/23 - Austin 9/18/23
  • Options
    Actually it was more than one experience. I met people in '96, 2000 and 2003. Never again. I'll just be happy going with my BF. I don't drink beer, but a vodka would be nice.

BF huh??

is that boyfriend or best friend :)?

the vodka is on me btw..
  • Options
    SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
    Anyone remember the name of the hotel that ten club had us pickup our tickets? I want to stay there again.
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Options
    Soybeans wrote:
    Anyone remember the name of the hotel that ten club had us pickup our tickets? I want to stay there again.

the overlook

ask for Jack
  • Options
    StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
    I believe it was Hotel Pennsylvania

good times
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    I'm hoping FoxyMop will get something going with the Wishlist organization. She's done a GREAT job with all the pre-parties I've been to thus far!

Hey thanks J :)

Yes! We are working on some details with venues/tribute bands - so keep an eye out for the new thread :)

Laura
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Two Words. Bikini Bar.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Two Words. Bikini Bar.

Now that sounds about right..

That is around the corner from where I am staying for the two nights..Do they have a jukebox with all of the PJ albums on it??lol
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    Now that sounds about right..

That is around the corner from where I am staying for the two nights..Do they have a jukebox with all of the PJ albums on it??lol

Couldn't tell you much about the place other than the smoking hot foreign born bartenders.... But yeah.. pearl jam..hmm.
    BORGATA>VIC