Options

MSG met-up?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    Two Words. Bikini Bar.

Do they have a stage? We co-hosted a party at Hooters in SPEEDY's favorite place... Cincy :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
    Couldn't tell you much about the place other than the smoking hot foreign born bartenders.... But yeah.. pearl jam..hmm.

I nearly pissed myself!

Back on topic...I'm down for anything. I will be at both shows....coming from Suffolk County by train. I would be nice to see some familiar faces...considering I sit near the same people at EVERY show! Cannot wait to do it again!
    ...44 shows...and counting....
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    definitely hope a nice pre party gets planned for one of the greatest stands in MSG ever....ill be there, cant wait to pre party with all yall newyorkers!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    GenGen Cardiff Posts: 130
    Would be cool to meet you guys. We met up with a few folk in Dublin and London previously which was nice. The two dates at MSG will be the climax of a 10 day holiday to Vegas, San Francisco and then NYC for me and my husband. We can't wait! :D
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • Options
    DariusDarius Posts: 89
    there are tons of places to meet up at. hopefully someone will have a house party/rooftop party. that's always a good time. the restaurants always get soo crowded before shows and just end up a mess of a cluster fuck sometimes.

everyone from any out of town location should make a great effort to come through. MSG is always one of the top venues to see any show. and with the fact that they're gonna be knocking it down, there's a chance PJ may not have the chance to play again in the future until the new one is built.

anywho, one and all should come out. hopefully we can coordinate something great.

danny
    After several hundred concerts spanning nearly twenty years of my life, I've finally been to the best shows of my life. PJ at the Garden 6/24-25/08
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    so MSG, yankee stadium and shea stadium are all being torn down? damn
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    DariusDarius Posts: 89
    it's pretty sick...horrible actually.....so much history going down...seems so unnecessary....but at the same time it is....i wonder if rock n roll will still kick ass in the new garden...we've got time till then though.
    After several hundred concerts spanning nearly twenty years of my life, I've finally been to the best shows of my life. PJ at the Garden 6/24-25/08
  • Options
    PrlJam27PrlJam27 Colonia, NJ Posts: 346
    so MSG, yankee stadium and shea stadium are all being torn down? damn

yup, its time to turn a new leaf in NYC. anyway....as far as the meet up goes, there was a pretty cool meet-up in 2003 at Mustang Sally's on 7th ave between 28th and 29th (not to be confused with Mustang Harry's, one block away). We should do that again. Riot Act was playing the whole time last time. Thats enough to sell me on hanging there again. By the way, they have awesome wings!!!
  • Options
    PrlJam27 wrote:
    yup, its time to turn a new leaf in NYC. anyway....as far as the meet up goes, there was a pretty cool meet-up in 2003 at Mustang Sally's on 7th ave between 28th and 29th (not to be confused with Mustang Harry's, one block away). We should do that again. Riot Act was playing the whole time last time. Thats enough to sell me on hanging there again. By the way, they have awesome wings!!!

How many people can they accommodate at one time? I'm thinking there'll be a pretty heft party crowd :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    How many people can they accommodate at one time? I'm thinking there'll be a pretty heft party crowd :D

right now we're looking into a place called the cutting room
    http://www.thecuttingroomnyc.com/

they have a stage
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    One word: foosball

Two words: Vodka Diet

Three words: Irish Car Bombs
  • Options
    im in, especially since i have no idea where to get hammered in nyc!
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    right now we're looking into a place called the cutting room
    http://www.thecuttingroomnyc.com/

they have a stage

hooray :) Jeannette is on top of it! I bow to her venue research
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    hooray :) Jeannette is on top of it! I bow to her venue research
    give up the props for tony
    he pointed me in the direction :)
    i'll share the glory :p
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Bikini Bar might be out of the question. Kinda Small, expensive drinks, but the location is great. maybe we can do a little gawking through the windows though..
    Local is a great place. Its right on the corner across from Penn and that Irish restaurant Tir-na-nog? Got two levels and rooftop bar which could be pretty cool in June.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Scruffy Duffy's is too far though, huh?
  • Options
    Scruffy Duffy's is too far though, huh?

Too far...although great place. Good if we're going to Continental via Port Authority. You're right about the foosball, Vodka Diets and Car Bombs, The three key ingredients to a good pregame.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    With so many sights to see any place could be a meet up spot. Best of luck with the location.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Soybeans wrote:
    Anyone remember the name of the hotel that ten club had us pickup our tickets? I want to stay there again.

It was then called the Southgate Tower (someone mentioned Hotel Pennyslvania, but that is not it), and we stayed there too. It was quite nice. Now it is called the Affinia.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    tkacztkacz Posts: 91
    Hi all,

BB Kings Blues Club in Times Square will be hosting an aftershow party with TEN immediatly following MSG II on June 25. It is just a short walk from Times Square. I believe admission will be free with concert ticket stub and they say they are planning something "special". Not sure what that means ;-), but it's always a good time at BBK's.

Here is the info from Ticketmaster

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1208975

I will post all the details as soon as I have them.

tk
  • Options
    tkacz wrote:
    Hi all,

BB Kings Blues Club in Times Square will be hosting an aftershow party with TEN immediatly following MSG II on June 25. It is just a short walk from Times Square. I believe admission will be free with concert ticket stub and they say they are planning something "special". Not sure what that means ;-), but it's always a good time at BBK's.

Here is the info from Ticketmaster

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1208975

I will post all the details as soon as I have them.

tk

Why would I want to see some cheesey pearl jam cover band when i am seeing the real thing just hours before.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    the wife & i are coming from Boston for our first MSG show. i think it would be cool to meet some fellow PJ addicts.
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    party at my apartment