Options

Cropduster, Ghost, and Help, Help Live

2»

Comments

• Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    Ive got to say that i called this about two years ago. There was a lot of hate for riot act going around, and i said that this would happen. People would be wanting to hear the songs off riot act because they would be seen as rare.

i only realized how little ghost has been played recently. much love for riot act from this guy too. i wish i saw more than one show from that tour.

you're absolutely right. i mean i love save you, lbc, i am mine, and all that, but the fact that these 3 tunes are so rarely played makes them all the more wanted and exciting if they get played. i really hope the band plays them. i mean just picture even seeing an '08 setlist with help, help. you'd be like =0!?!?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    I know music is subjective and all. But I have to say ... anyone who doesn't see the beauty of Cropduster is a musical idiot.

That is all.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I know music is subjective and all. But I have to say ... anyone who doesn't see the beauty of Cropduster is a musical idiot.

That is all.

i agree. musically it is a pretty detailed and complex song. i think it's too much for people to handle ;)
  • Options
    BUMP!!

i want to keep this thread up front so these baby's get played!!

This Tour:

ALOT more Binaural and Riot Act

Especially the ones that NEVER get played, like:

Nothing As It Seems, Rival, Of The Girl, Ghost, Cropduster, Help, Help, All Or None, & Can't Keep

+

No Way, WMA, Who You Are comebacks

&

break out Strangest Tribe, All Night, Other Side, Hold On, & In The Moonlight!
  • Options
    bwrightbwright Posts: 28
    love all 3 of those....and the rest of riot act for that matter. have seen cropduster and ghost, would love to see help help.
  • Options
    Cropduster - seen it, killed the energy in the crowd. Don't need to see it again.

Ghost - never saw it, don't need to.

Help, Help - never saw it, wouldn't mind it, dig the song. But, wouldn't be upset if it didn't get played either.

So many other rare songs I'd rather hear them play.
  • Options
    citizen_drewcitizen_drew Posts: 170
    I never seen Ghost either, but I'm half tempted to see every show until I do.
    Maybe in New York if I choose to go...
  • Options
    UnkeptUnkept Posts: 65
    I dig Riot Act, and i think those three are espescially good. They didn't hit me at first but once they did they really stuck. I dig most of what PJ does, i think these songs are a bit less obvious, and i hear new stuff all the time..love 'em.

now what I don't need is Green Disease, just not a very intersting subject for a rocker. And 1/2 Empty is a great blues rocker, but if I want that I'll pop in Stevie Ray Vaughn. Bushleaguer is my least favorite thing they've ever done and I hope I never hear it again...

I know no one asked, and the thread starter didn't intend this, but I have to do it cause i love Riot Act and get tired of people slamming it. I think the inclusion of those songs are the downfall of the disc, along with the ordering...Thus, i came up with my own order...Try it in your ipod and I defy you to deny its awesomness:

ARC
    Get Right
    I Am Mine
    Help Help
    Ghost
    Love Boat Captain
    Thumbing my Way
    Crop Duster
    Can't Keep
    You Are
    Save you
    All or None

I think it's a much more cohesive disc this way. Only my humble opinion...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    if they play those three at any of the shows i'm attending this june it will make me so freaking happy i love those tunes ,and i agree with the poster who said people who don't appreciate cropduster just don't get it ,the song is awsome at least imo ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cantomscantoms Posts: 49
    I've never cared for Cropduster and Help Help live, so I am ok with not seeing those ones.

I was lucky enough to catch Ghost at my first PJ show - Montreal 03. At the time, the song kind of killed my mood (off hand, I'm not sure what they had played previously, but I remember it being pretty rocking.) However, on the bootleg, I realized that the song was pretty strong.

Actually, Montreal 03 had some of the better live Riot Act songs IMO - Ghost, Green Disease, You Are, I Am Mine, 1/2 Full, Arc, Save You, and Down (technically Riot Act).
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i really like Riot Act alot. probably more than alot of PJ fans. i think Binaural/Riot Act era PJ is a very very underrated period. anyway. i would love to see Ghost, Cropduster, Help Help, Rival, All or None, Sleight Of Hand, Parting Ways, Light Years, Nothing As It Seems, Breakerfall, Gods' Dice, Thumbing My Way and Immortality all return to sets.

i saw PJ night one Camden 2000 and caught Light Years, Grievance, Insignificance, Dissident, Red Mosquito, Present Tense and Breath. thought that one had some decent rarities looking back but to not play some of these songs is lame-o.
  • Options
    MohabMohab Posts: 310
    Ghost and Cropduster are amazing
  • Options
    Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    Since when does an amazing song like "Cropduster" suck because it "killed the energy in the crowd at a show I was at"? It means the crowd was a bunch of morons! What, does every fuckin' song have to be a bounce-up-and-down-fest like Even Flow? Christ! It's called dynamics. Learn to like it!
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    only one I havent gotten live is Help Help and I wanna hear it bad cause on the boots it sounds sick!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Music For RhinosMusic For Rhinos Posts: 1,693
    BUMP!!

i want to keep this thread up front so these baby's get played!!

This Tour:

ALOT more Binaural and Riot Act

Especially the ones that NEVER get played, like:

Nothing As It Seems, Rival, Of The Girl, Ghost, Cropduster, Help, Help, All Or None, & Can't Keep

+

No Way, WMA, Who You Are comebacks

&

break out Strangest Tribe, All Night, Other Side, Hold On, & In The Moonlight!

i really like Riot Act alot. probably more than alot of PJ fans. i think Binaural/Riot Act era PJ is a very very underrated period. anyway. i would love to see Ghost, Cropduster, Help Help, Rival, All or None, Sleight Of Hand, Parting Ways, Light Years, Nothing As It Seems, Breakerfall, Gods' Dice, Thumbing My Way and Immortality all return to sets.

i saw PJ night one Camden 2000 and caught Light Years, Grievance, Insignificance, Dissident, Red Mosquito, Present Tense and Breath. thought that one had some decent rarities looking back but to not play some of these songs is lame-o.

Totally agreed! Well said, these songs all need to be played!

I would just like to add, they should go heavy on the No Code tunes as well!
  • Options
    bustoutbustout Posts: 122
    Help, Help live is one of the most underrated 6 minutes in PJ's catalog
    How Many Friends Have I Really Got?
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,950
    Help Help, Adelaide boot from Oz 2003 is just brilliant, better than cropduster and ghost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're good songs but help help live is a rare gem.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    bump .. lets hear more riot act
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Bump again ...

All three of these songs are great live ... Of course, I liked Riot Act from the very beginning and refuse to apologize for it. No one's taking the piss ... Shockingly enough, some of us like these songs.

Cropduster last got played in '06, I think ... That one is still lurking around, I think. The other two got lost. Hopefully they'll be back.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    JWBusher wrote:
    Since when does an amazing song like "Cropduster" suck because it "killed the energy in the crowd at a show I was at"? It means the crowd was a bunch of morons! What, does every fuckin' song have to be a bounce-up-and-down-fest like Even Flow? Christ! It's called dynamics. Learn to like it!

I like this guy ...
    :)