Options

99.3 OHNM / the mysteries of eddie vedder

haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
edited November 2008 in The Porch
So i was driving home from Abbotsford last night when i decided to take a break from my always-adored-but-recently-obsessed-with Radiohead and switched to the fox (99.3fm in BC) to catch the end of the Ongoing History of New Music with Alan Cross... i usually enjoy his show anyways and i like the way he talks and tells stories (AND i think he looks like Stone HAHA)

Anyways, about 20 seconds in I realised he was talking about Mookie... obviously I knew what that was so i left it on that station. It was kinda cool he talked about how the band got the names it had (basketball player, grandma pearl's spread myth, neil young's jam session etc...) and then did a bit of an evolution of Evenflow thing where he played a demo of Evenflow in 1990 and then a newer demo from when they officially called themselves pearl jam, and then the actual studio cut. I later found out that segment was called "the Mysteries of Eddie Vedder"

Then he said there will be a part 2, but I was looking on the airing schedule and it says Oasis is next week...

Maybe this is old? Or maybe its not even the ongoing history of new music show...
I seem to recall it being familiar but my memory stinks...

edit:
Okay I can't find the Eddie show but here is one on the mysteries of Pearl Jam (not the same, cos at the end they play Given to Fly and last night he ended with Even Flow):

The Secrets of Pearl Jam

Also of interest:
History of Grunge pt 1: The Early Years
History of Grunge pt 2: 1990-1991
History of Grunge pt 3: 1992-1993
History of Grunge pt 4: 1993-1994
History of Grunge pt 5: Rise of the Alt Nation
History of Grunge pt 6: The Fall

And for my friends from the 07 europe tour:
Leeeenkkkiinnngg Park

If these don't work or if you wanna check out the other shows (There's LOADS of them, Tool, NIN, Radiohead etc. as well as lots of specials and genres) go here:
http://www.cfox.com/StationShared/OHNM.aspx
live pearl jam is best pearl jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ive never heard of it, but it sounds awesome! let us know if you find out any information on part 2 (or if you can possibly find part 1 anywhere?)
  • Options
    ive never heard of it, but it sounds awesome! let us know if you find out any information on part 2 (or if you can possibly find part 1 anywhere?)
    i'm going to search for the podcast i'm pretty sure alan cross posts them. i'll see if i can find them
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,005
    try here:

http://ongoinghistory.com/oghonm/ongoing_history_of_new_music.cfm?ell=6743&pge=1

I am not sure what the topic was but it should be here.
  • Options
    see above
  • Options
    Hawk123 wrote:
    try here:

http://ongoinghistory.com/oghonm/ongoing_history_of_new_music.cfm?ell=6743&pge=1

I am not sure what the topic was but it should be here.
    damn you beat me to it
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,005
    on going history of new music is such a great show. I listen to it almost every week on the edge in toronto.
  • Options
    Hawk123 wrote:
    on going history of new music is such a great show. I listen to it almost every week on the edge in toronto.
    yah i don't listen to it NEARLY as much as i should.

i love alan cross!!!
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    does anybody know how old this thing is???
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:
    does anybody know how old this thing is???
    the mysteries of pearl jam was aired january 10, 2006.
    the grunge ones were from april of this year.

i'm not sure when or where the eddie ones are.
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    this is very cool...thanks for sharing....
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."