Options

I met Mike yetsreday in Philly!

coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
edited June 2008 in The Porch
So my buddy and i went to walk around Philly yesterday to check out Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell and who is right next to us video taping... Mike McCready! He was the nicest guy (like everyone has already said) talked about the first show (Camden) and how Bannaroo was a blast. he also said that they would mix it up for night two and WMA would be played! I told him we just flew in from Wisconsin and love the band. He comes back with... ahhh... CHEESEHEADS! priceless. He then asked us our names and what shows we were going to(only Camden 2 and D.C.)? I told him the setlist so far are amazing and the people on the board are going nuts over them (yes, i did say the board) he replies back... great, i am killing myself out there this tour and its all for the fans! He said more great shows are to come and different songs!!!! we said our goodbyes and moved on right before he said... CHEESEHEADS again! very nice guy.

And no... I didnt ask about a new album, more shows, or requested NO WAY to be played... but i should have.
Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    awesome man! congratulations, that must have been very cool... I've yet to meet anyone from the band, but one day I definitely hope to.
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    thats an awesome story! was he by himself or with his family or anything? thats cool he has no problem walking around town like that. and thanks for giving us props :D
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    spat wrote:
    thats an awesome story! was he by himself or with his family or anything? thats cool he has no problem walking around town like that. and thanks for giving us props :D

He was with his wife and daughter (who is very cute) just standing around.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    more great shows and diff. songs
    say no more

bring on the Garden shows!!!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    very cool
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I've never met a band member but there is no question that I'd want it to me Mike if i did!
    Jeff would be my 1st choice if I got to pick...but I'd settle for any of them :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Mike is such a cool down to earth guy met him several times and he always has time for the fans. Great story man have a great time there at the shows
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    awesome!!!

-and more different songs!

woo
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    very nice
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    That's awesome. Mike and his wife both come across as two totally kind people.

I'm psyched to hear they're going to continue mixing the setlists up. Even though I'm only going to one show, I love following the excitement here. :)
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    That's awesome. I can imagine, based on interviews, that all six guys are way into taking time for the fans when possible. They're like the Ken Griffey Jr of rock.
    For Rent
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    Also met Mike, and Ed and Stone. Mike was very cool, Eddie and Stone were signing autographs for many people and did not have much to say on a personal level, but my wife was chatting with Ed for a minute about our trip to Santa Cruz to see him before he was overwhelmed by the 30 autograph seekers. Sweet to meet them though. Here are my autos if you care to see them.

EV Into The Wild Signed LP
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk9/flyinwhole313/DSC02809.jpg

Avocado Signed by Ed, Mike, and Stone
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk9/flyinwhole313/DSC02808.jpg
  • Options
    Also met Mike, and Ed and Stone. Mike was very cool, Eddie and Stone were signing autographs for many people and did not have much to say on a personal level, but my wife was chatting with Ed for a minute about our trip to Santa Cruz to see him before he was overwhelmed by the 30 autograph seekers. Sweet to meet them though. Here are my autos if you care to see them.

EV Into The Wild Signed LP
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk9/flyinwhole313/DSC02809.jpg

Avocado Signed by Ed, Mike, and Stone
    http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk9/flyinwhole313/DSC02808.jpg
    So you met Ed twice or did you just have both alums with you?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    LukinFan wrote:
    So you met Ed twice or did you just have both alums with you?
    My wife and I met Ed. We each had an item signed.
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    That's so neat that Mike was sight seeing like the rest if us would be. Thanks for posting this.
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    Yeah, that is so cool. I never met mike or anyone else in person, but I talked to Ed over the phone. :D
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    How did you talk to him over the phone? Not trying to be nosey...
  • Options
    catwoman wrote:
    How did you talk to him over the phone? Not trying to be nosey...

My grandma has a friend who's son is a writer that sometimes does stories on PJ. And I was in the hospital for a while, so he gave Ed my house number. It was totally a surprise. I didn't know him or anything so I didn't know it was even possible. I just came home and the writer told my gram that he gave Ed my number, and was gonna call. I didn't belive her but sure enough, 15 minutes later Ed called. It was so unreal. We talked, asked some questions, and he told me he was gonna call back if I had anything else i wanted to tell him. He did call back, and it was really cool. But it was such a surprise. I won't ever forget it. :D
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

-eV 8/7
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    FrankieG wrote:
    My grandma has a friend who's son is a writer that sometimes does stories on PJ. And I was in the hospital for a while, so he gave Ed my house number. It was totally a surprise. I didn't know him or anything so I didn't know it was even possible. I just came home and the writer told my gram that he gave Ed my number, and was gonna call. I didn't belive her but sure enough, 15 minutes later Ed called. It was so unreal. We talked, asked some questions, and he told me he was gonna call back if I had anything else i wanted to tell him. He did call back, and it was really cool. But it was such a surprise. I won't ever forget it. :D

Very cool story u know PJ has such class. All these new bands are jsut full of them selves and dont care about there fans it seems like. Pj has been aroudn for years and still have respect for there fans love the story man
  • Options
    Very cool story u know PJ has such class. All these new bands are jsut full of them selves and dont care about there fans it seems like. Pj has been aroudn for years and still have respect for there fans love the story man

yeah thanks :)
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS

-eV 8/7
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    what continously amazes me is that fact that the band members treat you as if they are a good friend. Of course they wont treat you like trash as they like fans and they would be nothing without them, but they could always just not roam the streets etc.

I feel so sorry for the guys if they are just swamped with stuff to be signed, shit i would want my stuff signed but oh well.
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:

That is so cool! I hope you're alright now.
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    FrankieG wrote:

What a great story. :)

And congrats to the original poster and his great moment as well.
    Brian